Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by orly
I've got a provisional date for when my application should be complete (7th Aug) so just waiting on that now. Hopefully it comes sooner or at the very least isn't caught up in this strike.
Good news....best of luck
Old Jul 31st 2013, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

We bought her tickets last night...she will land in Edmonton around the end of September, spend a week, then scoot back! I'm not going with her, as she is going to accompany her elderly uncle back to Canada (he will be home for few weeks holiday) who lives in Edmonton.

I think she is a little more excited about it now....!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 2:10 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by idontlikestrikers
Our daughter in Canada did some complaining yesterday direct to politicians and CIC highlighting our job losses and now non-resident status anywhere in the world after 11 months application stuck in London. We also highlighted that we were not the only ones stuck like this and pointed them to various forums.

Contrary to popular opinion here it was not residing in a third country that caused delays to my app as that country was never requested any information. We know this as they then ask you permission to deliver it - and they didn't. This country stamped my passport every 3 months that showed I was behaving - else they would throw me out and I believe CIC already knew that hence no request and they have seen my passport stamps. Some people here seem to think I was born outside of UK - no I was born in England so that wasn't the problem either. The delay in my application was down to nobody taking ownership for final approval and this we understand was resolved yesterday. We were told a decision has been made and to expect something very soon. I don't think during this strike people know who can and cannot approve as the parameters for each case are different.

I don't know if it was our daughters "in person and not to be messed with" attitude but we got the result we wanted. We just hope they have taken notice of our plea to extend the medical which expire in weeks.
In real fact if you have lived in a third country for a year or more then they do check with that country as part of the background check which has nothing to do with criminality. That definitely extends processing time.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 2:18 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reenie87
How did you get that orly? I'm on the same timeline as you. Did you speak to someone or was that updated on your status?
Got my MP to hound them.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 3:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by idontlikestrikers
Some people here seem to think I was born outside of UK - no I was born in England so that wasn't the problem either.
Glad you've got things moving, just wanted to say that I was only going on the info you gave when you signed up to BE, when you said you were born elsewhere in the world.

Hope that clarifies why I thought your place of birth may have delayed things.

Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

dmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by reenie87
Dmiller when did your application start getting processed? Ours was received dec 13th but didn't start processing until may 10th
Reenie, our application was received Dec. 13 in Miss., sponsor approval Jan. 13, 'in process' back on May 13 - this is where it seemed to get held up. Looking at the spreadsheet it looks as though you are almost exactly the same as us, I bet it won't be much longer for you - best of luck!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

dmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dmiller
Best Monday news ever! Our status has changed to 'decision made', phew! Could whoever is looking after the spreadsheet update our timeline? Name is dmiller, application received 13 Dec.

Orly, etc. - I have high hopes for this stubborn Dec. group this week!

Now.. hopefully the 'decision' that has been made is good!
Hey guys - just some extra info in case it helps. I just got an email this morning from CIC:

" Thank you for your recent e-mail.
Please be advised that your file has been approved, your Confirmation of Permanent Residence was sent by registered mail to you yesterday."

I sent them an inquiry about two weeks ago maybe, specifically asking about the cluster of people from Dec. that seemed to have been held up.

Also.. I wrote to my MP as well.. once back in March I think, and another time recently. In March my MP sent a letter on my behalf to London (I think it did absolutely nothing unfortunately), and just recently my MP just ignored my email and hasn't gotten back. The main intention of asking for my MP's help was to ask about alternative possibilities for being granted some sort of temp. work visa while we waited for PR. When we first decided to move to Canada I was told about a pilot project running in Ontario that we would have qualified for if something similar existed in BC, for 'foreign spouses and dependent children of high-skilled Canadians or permanent residents returning to work in British Columbia'. This project doesn't seem to be active anymore (the link is inactive).

Anyways... I just thought this information might have been helpful to some.

Best of luck to you all.. one thing is certain, there are definitely still people working and approving applications in London and those Dec. applications seem to be budging now..
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

pancakemeow is an unknown quantity at this point

I also received an email from CIC today, I had emailed them asking them if they had all documents that they required (I've read on here that sometimes they send emails saying something is missing but people don't receive them for some reason). So today they wrote back

Thank you for your recent e-mail.
Please be advised that we now have all required documentation, we will be in contact very soon regarding a final decision on your file.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys - just some extra info in case it helps. I just got an email this morning from CIC:

" Thank you for your recent e-mail.
Please be advised that your file has been approved, your Confirmation of Permanent Residence was sent by registered mail to you yesterday."

I sent them an inquiry about two weeks ago maybe, specifically asking about the cluster of people from Dec. that seemed to have been held up.

Also.. I wrote to my MP as well.. once back in March I think, and another time recently. In March my MP sent a letter on my behalf to London (I think it did absolutely nothing unfortunately), and just recently my MP just ignored my email and hasn't gotten back. The main intention of asking for my MP's help was to ask about alternative possibilities for being granted some sort of temp. work visa while we waited for PR. When we first decided to move to Canada I was told about a pilot project running in Ontario that we would have qualified for if something similar existed in BC, for 'foreign spouses and dependent children of high-skilled Canadians or permanent residents returning to work in British Columbia'. This project doesn't seem to be active anymore (the link is inactive).

Anyways... I just thought this information might have been helpful to some.

Best of luck to you all.. one thing is certain, there are definitely still people working and approving applications in London and those Dec. applications seem to be budging now..
Glad that you have had confirmation that your COPR is on it's way!

Congrats!

Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pancakemeow
I also received an email from CIC today, I had emailed them asking them if they had all documents that they required (I've read on here that sometimes they send emails saying something is missing but people don't receive them for some reason). So today they wrote back

Thank you for your recent e-mail.
Please be advised that we now have all required documentation, we will be in contact very soon regarding a final decision on your file.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

dmiller, can you put up the email address you used?
Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2013, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
dmiller, can you put up the email address you used?
Thanks
Sorry - should have said I sent a message through the online inquiry thing on their webpage, not an email - the London office doesn't post an email you can contact directly.. nor do they have a listed phone number.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - should have said I sent a message through the online inquiry thing on their webpage, not an email - the London office doesn't post an email you can contact directly.. nor do they have a listed phone number.
There is an email you can contact them on directly.

re-london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

(no gaps - gaps put in to deter spambots)

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 1st 2013 at 3:00 am.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

jakeandmel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Great to find a bunch of people in the same boat, waiting for an unknown period is frustrating!

Can someone add my details to the London Spreadsheet please:

App Rcvd: 27-Feb-13
Sp. Appr: 27-Mar-13
Married

Looking at the spreadsheet, looks like it could be anytime in the next 3 months for approval!

We have added a slight curveball to the process for us as my wife is pregnant again with our our second child. Only an issue in as much as we are heading to BC and they have a 3 month wait on their Medical Plan. I really don't fancy being uncovered for medical unforseens (and indeed the birth) in the last trimester of a pregnancy! We are considering staying in the UK until after the birth as the NHS was brilliant last time.

Does anyone know what happens if you don't land within the years anniversary of my medical? (30th Jan) Can you extend it? Do you just re-do it?

Thanks

Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.