Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

newstart187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Pretty much should be good to be sent off this week but I have a question - How do they know you want London to deal with it?

I know to send it to Missisauaga but how do they know (apart for the reference on my medical copy) where to send it all after?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newstart187
Pretty much should be good to be sent off this week but I have a question - How do they know you want London to deal with it?

I know to send it to Missisauaga but how do they know (apart for the reference on my medical copy) where to send it all after?
Only CPC-M deals with London (via Ottawa). Otherwise you would have posted your (In- Canada) app to Vegreville.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

But those for Paris etc also send it to the same address don't they?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/3900ETOC.asp

I can understand it flags as about land application but how do they determine which office especially for those who may be dual national or living in another country for which they are not a citizen of?

In short, I am worried I have not stated somewhere 'London'
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

JessicaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newstart187
But those for Paris etc also send it to the same address don't they?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/3900ETOC.asp

I can understand it flags as about land application but how do they determine which office especially for those who may be dual national or living in another country for which they are not a citizen of?

In short, I am worried I have not stated somewhere 'London'
There's a box on form IMM0008 that asks 'Immigration Office requested for processing this application', just put London in there.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been over two weeks since we got 'decision made' and we've still had no contact. Should I try contacting them? Now that they have changed the website they have made it even more impossible to send through an enquiry.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 3:16 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Two weeks is not a long time. Wait until at least 4 weeks have passed.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Wow. I should expect as much. I've tried contacting them for a tracking number, we'll see how that goes. Other people who got decision made the same time as us, have received there's already. I'm just so desperate to get working again! Haha!
Old Dec 18th 2012, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

BlueBerryPie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Screenwriter
Wow. I should expect as much. I've tried contacting them for a tracking number, we'll see how that goes. Other people who got decision made the same time as us, have received there's already. I'm just so desperate to get working again! Haha!
Yes, this is what really gets to me. If they sped up the process, they would benefit from the economic contribution. People like me are here locked into one employer (via WP), and I get numerous offers to tutor (at $50/hour). I can't accept since I would be violating the terms of the WP. I could be pulling in $300-500 extra/week which would be taxed and I'd be spending here. Instead, nothing happens.

Same with people who are on WPs and have their spouses with them (as is the case for my friend and his wife). The WP person, who obviously has skills, is locked to one employer. Meanwhile, his wife, who has no real qualifications can get employed anywhere, with anyone. So he is stuck at the limited hours given to him by his employer, when he could easily be freelancing, providing valuable services to the community, as well as earning and spending for the local economy.

This REALLY makes no sense. Whoever thought up these rules... honestly. I don't know.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JessicaH
There's a box on form IMM0008 that asks 'Immigration Office requested for processing this application', just put London in there.
Of course! Thanks
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

FINALLY!

Contacted them to see if they could give me the tracking number for COPR and turns out they sent it to the old address, even though we updated ECAS in august. So I went to the post office where unsigned for mail went to and literally took them 3 seconds to find it. It had been sitting there since the 7th of december!!!!!!!!!!

Heading to the border either tonight of this weekend! I think i'm still in shock!
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Is there a time when you can't go to the border and do it? Like if we went at 7pm tonight? We'll be going through the Vancouver/US border. Anyone have recommendations of which crossing to use?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

JessicaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Screenwriter
Is there a time when you can't go to the border and do it? Like if we went at 7pm tonight? We'll be going through the Vancouver/US border. Anyone have recommendations of which crossing to use?
This is a list of all border crossings and their operating hours:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rder_crossings

I forgot to say - Congrats!
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Angry re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by treemanstu
I think you'll get yours today or next Monday let me know when you get it.

Were told the COPR letter was sent first week in December, got this today after querying delay:

Good morning,

There have been delays to the issuance of the documents and the correspondence has not yet been mailed. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form is expected to be issued shortly.

Regards,
CDD

We're away for 2 weeks holiday in US - asked if they could send it to our family's address:

Good afternoon,

Please provide the mailing address to which you would like the documents to be sent. Although it is not guaranteed, I will make every effort to attempt to arrange for the documents to be issued and mailed as soon as possible. I will let you know either way.

Kind regards,
CDD

So...what a pain in the arse. I give up. We're now going on holiday - i guarantee they send it to our home address and it'll get returned to the UK.

Old Dec 20th 2012, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Don't worry, the post office hold it for a month before they return to sender! Thank god as ours had been sitting there for 12 days!
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking for some advice...

Currently in Canada on 1st IEC visa, I will be applying for a second year when it opens. Working at a law firm and living with boyfriends parents since arrival (8 weeks). I am going to be applying for spousal sponsorship next year. Will we need to live in our own place for me to be approved? I'm a little concerned we will not be able to prove our relationship is genuine as we've only been together 2 and a half years I wondered if they would be suspicious.

All advice and similar experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.