Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 14th 2012, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by stuabroad
congrats Stu, mail man still hasn't delivered mine yet
I think you'll get yours today or next Monday let me know when you get it.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

pat..sue is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there ..need some advice before we send our outland app away...remarried my canadian born wife after 20yrs apart in that space i had 2 kids with another partner one is 13 yrs old and 18 yrs old do i put this on my app form ..plus im staying in canada as a visitor do i need to use a uk address or can i use my canadian address for my outland app ..many thanks
Old Dec 14th 2012, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pat..sue
hi there ..need some advice before we send our outland app away...remarried my canadian born wife after 20yrs apart in that space i had 2 kids with another partner one is 13 yrs old and 18 yrs old do i put this on my app form ..plus im staying in canada as a visitor do i need to use a uk address or can i use my canadian address for my outland app ..many thanks
pretty sure you have to use your UK address.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 6:12 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you have to list your children! And they will have to take the medical exam too.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

My boyfriend is here on a visitor visa (but living here.. his work visa expired), we used our Canadian address.. its fine.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

pat..sue is an unknown quantity at this point

hello jim,,,my children are staying with my ex partner in the uk and only coming as vistors in the summer and will live in the uk ...on one of the app forms itsays list all dependent children does that mean even if they live in uk do i list them on the paperwork..im a bit confused on how it works ..
Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:51 am
Just Joined

JessicaH is an unknown quantity at this point

A quick question for those who havestayed/are staying in Canada on a tourist visa whilst waiting for the PR to come through - what did you do for medical cover? My husband's Alberta Health runs out soon (when his LMO expires) and i'm anxious to ensure he has some sort of cover until he can renew it with his PR.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JessicaH
A quick question for those who havestayed/are staying in Canada on a tourist visa whilst waiting for the PR to come through - what did you do for medical cover? My husband's Alberta Health runs out soon (when his LMO expires) and i'm anxious to ensure he has some sort of cover until he can renew it with his PR.
I used Ace insurance, http://www.aceinsure.com/travel/ I think you have to purchase it whilst in the UK. There are other companies to use, but these have good prices.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

pancakemeow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JessicaH
CAA also does insurance. it's not great but better than nothing, we are using it at the moment..
Old Dec 16th 2012, 4:36 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

hello jim,,,my children are staying with my ex partner in the uk and only coming as vistors in the summer and will live in the uk ...on one of the app forms itsays list all dependent children does that mean even if they live in uk do i list them on the paperwork..im a bit confused on how it works ..
You will have to list them and they too will have to undergo the medical examinations unless there is no prospect of your ever sponsoring them for immigration to Canada.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have my visa now for Canada (Spousal). What do I need to do when I arrive in Canada, ill be flying out in March? Also how do I get my SIN number? Is this all I need prior to starting work (I have a job lined up already).

Thanks
Old Dec 17th 2012, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

BlueBerryPie is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, regarding the common law applications:

Just out of curiousity, those letters we provide from "witnesses" or family/friends who say the relationship is real, etc... do they get contacted at all? I provided two letters - one from a friend here in Calgary and another from the guy who introduced me to my current common law partner. Should I remind them to check their mail/email since it looks like my application is nearing the "processing" stage (according to the spreadsheet data)? Has anyone else had their "referees" contacted? If so, by what method?

Thanks, BBP
Old Dec 17th 2012, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

My status just went to 'We started processing your application on December 10, 2012.' The service that is supposed to email you when your ECAS status changes did not email me, so much for that then!
Old Dec 17th 2012, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richtee
Hi

I have my visa now for Canada (Spousal). What do I need to do when I arrive in Canada, ill be flying out in March? Also how do I get my SIN number? Is this all I need prior to starting work (I have a job lined up already).

Thanks
Hi there,

Not too sure about the first part of your question, my boyfriend has only done iec visa so far. Getting your sin is pretty easy, you can go to a 'service Canada' with your passport and PR and they will sort you out. You will also need a bank account before you start working.well you might not need it, but most companies do direct deposit. Cheques are kind of a pain because if you are a new client the bank will hold your money longer. Hope that helps!

Last edited by lindzation; Dec 17th 2012 at 3:29 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

To all those that changed to decision made recently, are you still waiting? If it doesn't turn up today, I don't know what I'll do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.