Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 4th 2012, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by stuabroad
I got an email today to say my COPR was heading my way in the form of a letter......should have it in the next 10 days.
congratulations stuabroad
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Its getting exciting now.........
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Got an e-mail from London this morning. Our application is finally in process. They need some additional documents regarding us living together... i was a bit iffy on this before we sent our application as we had technically been 11 months into our current lease and rented weekly for a month before (to make up the year). We were so eager to apply we took a chance, but they've just asked for updated bank statements and renewed lease. Sending it all off today and hoping it all gets sorted ASAP. Nice to finally get some news that its being looked at even if they do need additional docs. I just hope it doesn't prolong things too much.

Sponsorship Approval was August 8.
hi laurenhannah .. any news
Old Dec 5th 2012, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

Logged on today to find DECISION MADE. But still no email? Should I be worried?

Do I now have to stay at home all the time to wait for it to be delivered?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Screenwriter

Not everyone gets an email.

Letter will be delivered requiring signature. ECAS may not even have updated by then.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 3:56 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Screenwriter

This is why people need to just stop checking ECAS - it helps nothing!

The sponsored person (not the sponsor) will receive the communication - whether they send an email or send by post is unknown. They will send a letter stating their decision - no way to know if it's positive or negative, but you can probably guess it's positive.

Whether they're sending you PPR or COPR is another story. Some people get their COPR delivered directly, in which case you will have to sign for it and you're done. Some people have PPR instead and you'll have a form to fill out and send a copy of your passport, then you'll have COPR issued.

I'd give it 7-10 working days and if you haven't heard anything then get in touch with CIC. In our case, PPR came by email 3 days BEFORE ECAS updated. In other cases, the email has come a few days after ECAS, and potentially even longer if it's being sent by post.

So you'll just have to be patient and see what shows up where.

Congrats, though!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Some people have PPR instead and you'll have a form to fill out and send a copy of your passport, then you'll have COPR issued.
- I thought passport requests were no longer required for those living in Canada already...? Seem to remember some reliable source saying this, will need to search.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 4:07 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuabroad
- I thought passport requests were no longer required for those living in Canada already...? Seem to remember some reliable source saying this, will need to search.
Quite possibly - can't say I know 100%, but it might explain why some people go straight to COPR and others have PPR first (we did). It would make sense. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

My application was forwarded to London some time ago, and I was able to use ECAS but now when I check it just has my address and no mention of application status, has anyone else had this issue?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:56 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by wesbray
My application was forwarded to London some time ago, and I was able to use ECAS but now when I check it just has my address and no mention of application status, has anyone else had this issue?
I don't think I had any status outside of "Your application was received on 25 January" and that was it, even after it was sent to London in April. Have you tried logging in as both sponsor and sponsored person? Updates for us were only ever available by logging in as the sponsor...
Old Dec 5th 2012, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

Out of interest, does everyone get a letter in the mail concerning the sponsors approval? We got an email and it says on the site that a letter would be sent but I don't believe we ever received it.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 6:51 pm
Concierge

You usually get one or the other, and more and more people seem to be getting emails - usually those who get letters are the ones who haven't supplied an email (but that's not exclusive).
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

BlueBerryPie is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Stuabroard. I've been following your progress - usually all that stuff would happen to me!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Just wanted to update, hubby has been sent a new medical request as the other one expired. (BECAUSE IT TOOK YOU 118 DAYS TO GET TO SPONSOR APPROVAL!!!!!) Here I was keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we might be one of the lucky ones who got the medical extension but this process has been a challenge for us since day 1 so I shouldn't really be surprised that there is YET another hurdle! Sorry for the moan.....its been a stressful day.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with taking the medical in Canada, called the DR who told us there were a couple different ways of doing it, she could send it to Ottawa or for a further $100 straight to London. Seems odd that there was even an option? Also I thought i'd read that the medical requirements had changed but as far as I can see all we need to take is Appendix C, passport and photos, is that correct?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Just wanted to update, hubby has been sent a new medical request as the other one expired. (BECAUSE IT TOOK YOU 118 DAYS TO GET TO SPONSOR APPROVAL!!!!!) Here I was keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we might be one of the lucky ones who got the medical extension but this process has been a challenge for us since day 1 so I shouldn't really be surprised that there is YET another hurdle! Sorry for the moan.....its been a stressful day.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with taking the medical in Canada, called the DR who told us there were a couple different ways of doing it, she could send it to Ottawa or for a further $100 straight to London. Seems odd that there was even an option? Also I thought i'd read that the medical requirements had changed but as far as I can see all we need to take is Appendix C, passport and photos, is that correct?
Aww sorry to hear That's annoying. My boyfriend did it in Edmonton in August and that's all he brought. It was pretty expensive though, I think between 300-400 dollars Why would they send it to Ottawa if you already have sponsorship approval?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.