Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hey guys,

Just wondering what you wrote exactly when filling in the case specific enquiry web form? I'd just like to know if it has actually been received at all.

Thanks Carley.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Hey guys,

Just wondering what you wrote exactly when filling in the case specific enquiry web form? I'd just like to know if it has actually been received at all.

Thanks Carley.
Hi Carley,

I just said something along the lines of "i'm wondering if you can confirm that you did in fact receive our application as i have heard some horror stories lately of people's not making it to London. It would be much appreciated for some peace of mind!"

I sent mine on a Monday afternoon and had a reply by Tuesday morning which i was very surprised at. Majority of people don't even hear back, so don't worry if you don't...its the norm. But i'd be interested to hear what they say to you also as we are on a similar timeline.. getting so fed up now.

Good luck!
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks LaurenHannah,

We sent it, will keep you informed if/when we hear anything.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

OK i'm going to have a rant here. Frankly i have zero confidence now in London VO. They seem to be lacking basic reading abilities.

To recap: first they left me In Process for a whole month, but having requested more information i didn't know about...as they sent to the wrong email address. Then I found out my Medicals were in the wrong DB. I found this out myself from CIC Canada helpline, after London VO told me my Medicals were not there. This, even though i provided a direct copy of the Medical paperwork in my PR application pack, with full details of where/when they were taken + financial receipts (which also had the doc's details). That was November 12th. So is sent it to them all again via courier, delivered on Nov 19th. I also emailed them using both eh email address and a new web-form to make sure they knew to expect it etc. I also included full details of the Medical report's Practitioner/Address/etc etc etc etc etc etc

I got a two sentence reply this morning saying they were still waiting on the info from me, even though it was delivered on Nov 19th via courier.

I still don't know how they can't see the details of the Medicals, when CIC helpline staff here in Canada tell me they can see them online, but in the WRONG (In Canada) database, instead of the Out of Canada database. They know all this, because they apologized for the error on November 12th in their email and said they were investigating! What a bunch of xxxxxxx . Why take 2 weeks to ask me again. I could have had new bloody medicals done and sent the results to them via courier!

What's going on? I'm waiting to start a new job and held off getting a new TWP as we thought this would complete, having gone In Process 15th October (actually it was October 5th when they asked me for more info, Oct 15th was when ECAS updated).

Crap. Seems no matter how much attention to detail you give, you can't fix stupid .

Maybe they might fix it soon after the email i just sent them.

Old Nov 27th 2012, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stuabroad
OK i'm going to have a rant here. Frankly i have zero confidence now in London VO. They seem to be lacking basic reading abilities.

To recap: first they left me In Process for a whole month, but having requested more information i didn't know about...as they sent to the wrong email address. Then I found out my Medicals were in the wrong DB. I found this out myself from CIC Canada helpline, after London VO told me my Medicals were not there. This, even though i provided a direct copy of the Medical paperwork in my PR application pack, with full details of where/when they were taken + financial receipts (which also had the doc's details). That was November 12th. So is sent it to them all again via courier, delivered on Nov 19th. I also emailed them using both eh email address and a new web-form to make sure they knew to expect it etc. I also included full details of the Medical report's Practitioner/Address/etc etc etc etc etc etc

I got a two sentence reply this morning saying they were still waiting on the info from me, even though it was delivered on Nov 19th via courier.

I still don't know how they can't see the details of the Medicals, when CIC helpline staff here in Canada tell me they can see them online, but in the WRONG (In Canada) database, instead of the Out of Canada database. They know all this, because they apologized for the error on November 12th in their email and said they were investigating! What a bunch of xxxxxxx . Why take 2 weeks to ask me again. I could have had new bloody medicals done and sent the results to them via courier!

What's going on? I'm waiting to start a new job and held off getting a new TWP as we thought this would complete, having gone In Process 15th October (actually it was October 5th when they asked me for more info, Oct 15th was when ECAS updated).

Crap. Seems no matter how much attention to detail you give, you can't fix stupid .

Aaaaah stuabroad i'm so sorry to hear things are still no better for you! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that London gets their ***t together soon!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:15 am
Just Joined

toniwharton is an unknown quantity at this point

At least you have something from them. I am on exactly the same timeline as you re application received and sponsor Approved, but ours has not changed from application received yet. We are already in Canada, living on one v modest salary with two children to feed! V V frustrating. Hoping for both of us they start to get their acts together!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toniwharton
At least you have something from them. I am on exactly the same timeline as you re application received and sponsor Approved, but ours has not changed from application received yet. We are already in Canada, living on one v modest salary with two children to feed! V V frustrating. Hoping for both of us they start to get their acts together!

Pigs might fly after all, or maybe they heard me swearing in London

Good morning,

The issue regarding the medical examination result has now been resolved. We are therefore ready to proceed towards finalising the application. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence form will soon be issued and dispatched.

Kind regards,
CDD

I hear you though mate, it's torture waiting on an email and hoping they're making no errors. I found that i needed to push and prod every other day when i found out they were making these errors. Especially when i knew we were being super clear with our data sent to them and all comms. If i hadn't i wouldn't have found out the errors. As usual it's down to who's dealing with your paperwork. I can tell by the way they were wording replies to me that there was more than one person dealing with my file. One person always had typos and gave you a one sentence reply if you were lucky. The other person (above) always starts the email with 'good morning' and fills me with more confidence. Know what i mean?

Sending good vibes to all those still waiting.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 1:05 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning,

The issue regarding the medical examination result has now been resolved. We are therefore ready to proceed towards finalising the application. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence form will soon be issued and dispatched.

Kind regards,
CDD

Stu that is AWESOME news - really glad to hear it!!! Hopefully this means that everything will go smoothly from here on out - keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toniwharton
Hi ToniWharton,

When was your sponsorship approval. Ours was August 8th and like you, no change at all from application received. My boyfriend is slowly starting to go mad not working! Hope you hear something soon!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning,

Kind regards,
CDD

I hear you though mate, it's torture waiting on an email and hoping they're making no errors. I found that i needed to push and prod every other day when i found out they were making these errors. Especially when i knew we were being super clear with our data sent to them and all comms. If i hadn't i wouldn't have found out the errors. As usual it's down to who's dealing with your paperwork. I can tell by the way they were wording replies to me that there was more than one person dealing with my file. One person always had typos and gave you a one sentence reply if you were lucky. The other person (above) always starts the email with 'good morning' and fills me with more confidence. Know what i mean?

Sending good vibes to all those still waiting.

congratulations stu !!! ...maybe my email got lost ....giving up
Old Nov 28th 2012, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point

Just sent a case specific enquiry with the title please pull your finger out ! not really but was tempted I did however ask a lot of questions regarding , lack of acknowledgement from london , why was my file " misplaced " in Ottawa leading to 5 months wait for sponsor approval and pointed out that in fact if you add these 2 processing times together i am over the processing time ....worth a try
Old Nov 28th 2012, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Stu that is AWESOME news - really glad to hear it!!! Hopefully this means that everything will go smoothly from here on out - keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Originally Posted by jaquar
congratulations stu !!! ...maybe my email got lost ....giving up
Thanks all , will be happy when i have something in my hand. Was trying to look through the previous posts about what to expect next. COPR comes in shape of a letter in my mailbox...which i can then use to flagpole with...?
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:16 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Yep!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Sweden is on a distinguished road

Thanks all , will be happy when i have something in my hand. Was trying to look through the previous posts about what to expect next. COPR comes in shape of a letter in my mailbox...which i can then use to flagpole with...?
Hey! Congrats on getting everything sorted out finally! the COPR indeed is a letter in the mailbox, then you need to take that and your passport and flagpole anywhere... your choice! :-) the flagpoling itself takes really no time, about 10 min, you have to sign the COPR in front of the officer, put your initials in a few places, and he/she will check that they have the correct address for the PR card, and that's it! easy easy... with the signed COPR + your passport, you can go straight away to get a SIN at the nearest Service Canada office, and work the next morning! :-) THe SIN card arrives within 2 weeks apparently but Service Canada will give you a copy with your SIN number so you can use it for anything you need.
Congrats on getting things done!
Sweden
Old Nov 29th 2012, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sweden
Hey! Congrats on getting everything sorted out finally! the COPR indeed is a letter in the mailbox, then you need to take that and your passport and flagpole anywhere... your choice! :-) the flagpoling itself takes really no time, about 10 min, you have to sign the COPR in front of the officer, put your initials in a few places, and he/she will check that they have the correct address for the PR card, and that's it! easy easy... with the signed COPR + your passport, you can go straight away to get a SIN at the nearest Service Canada office, and work the next morning! :-) THe SIN card arrives within 2 weeks apparently but Service Canada will give you a copy with your SIN number so you can use it for anything you need.
Congrats on getting things done!
Sweden
good info, thx Sweden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.