Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 24th 2012, 1:38 am
Just Joined

bmccallion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you know my boyfriends application was finally approved this week! They sent an email responding to our "Urgent" email, saying we have been approved and will be receiving our COPR in the mail. Hope everyone will get good news this week!
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bmccallion
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you know my boyfriends application was finally approved this week! They sent an email responding to our "Urgent" email, saying we have been approved and will be receiving our COPR in the mail. Hope everyone will get good news this week!
congratulations whAT A great relief and fantastic xmas pressie
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everybody,

Congrats...nice timing
Old Nov 24th 2012, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

Hey everybody,

well done and lets hope there are more to follow. enjoy your new adventures
Old Nov 25th 2012, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

[cross-posted on the canadavisa forum, I'm too lazy to compose a whole new message recounting this tale so just copying/pasting over here, hope that doesn't break any rules]

I can't believe it's over!

I landed today at Blackpool Border Crossing (Lacolle / Champlain). It was very breezy and relaxing and everybody was so pleasant and informative.

The most utterly bizarre thing happened when I was entering the United States though. My husband and I decided to go down to Plattsburgh overnight for a little trip, we did some shopping and some sightseeing and then I would land on the way back to Canada the next day. We got sent over to secondary as normal at the US border for me to complete the I-94W visa waiver form and pay the $6 fee (our car was also selected to be searched and I had my concerns that perhaps they'd see my PR documentation and ask me to land in Canada as PR first before being allowed into the US, but evidently they didn't care). While inside the building, the border official starts asking about our band???!! Apparently something went awry during our last day trip to Massena NY in June 2011 and somehow our entry was recorded as being under someone else's visas, specifically a local band in Cornwall ON (we googled them afterwards) who were going to play a show in Malone NY under a P2 entertainment visa. It was the most baffling thing ever, we just stood there kind of dumbstruck for what must have been 10 minutes like... sorry, don't know what to tell you except that just isn't us?. And it was funny because it seemed like they almost didn't quite believe us. The woman kept saying things like "it wouldn't matter even if it was you..." but it wasn't us though!! SO WEIRD.

I just know every time I go to the US now they're gonna be trying to make small talk about 'my band', haha.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 8:12 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deficient
[cross-posted on the canadavisa forum, I'm too lazy to compose a whole new message recounting this tale so just copying/pasting over here, hope that doesn't break any rules]

I can't believe it's over!

I landed today at Blackpool Border Crossing (Lacolle / Champlain). It was very breezy and relaxing and everybody was so pleasant and informative.

The most utterly bizarre thing happened when I was entering the United States though. My husband and I decided to go down to Plattsburgh overnight for a little trip, we did some shopping and some sightseeing and then I would land on the way back to Canada the next day. We got sent over to secondary as normal at the US border for me to complete the I-94W visa waiver form and pay the $6 fee (our car was also selected to be searched and I had my concerns that perhaps they'd see my PR documentation and ask me to land in Canada as PR first before being allowed into the US, but evidently they didn't care). While inside the building, the border official starts asking about our band???!! Apparently something went awry during our last day trip to Massena NY in June 2011 and somehow our entry was recorded as being under someone else's visas, specifically a local band in Cornwall ON (we googled them afterwards) who were going to play a show in Malone NY under a P2 entertainment visa. It was the most baffling thing ever, we just stood there kind of dumbstruck for what must have been 10 minutes like... sorry, don't know what to tell you except that just isn't us?. And it was funny because it seemed like they almost didn't quite believe us. The woman kept saying things like "it wouldn't matter even if it was you..." but it wasn't us though!! SO WEIRD.

I just know every time I go to the US now they're gonna be trying to make small talk about 'my band', haha.
Hahahahaha thanks for the laugh! I take it the landing on the way back into Canada otherwise sent smoothly? Yay!
Old Nov 26th 2012, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Question - are you meant to get an acknowledgement of receipt from London at some point? Or does your status just eventually turn to "In Process"?
On the CIC website it just states that my boyfriends application for permanent residence was received on October 1st (that's when CIC-M received it) and that medical results have been received.
Does that seem to be the norm?
Old Nov 26th 2012, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

I believe it's quite normally that London CIC do send acknowledgement of receipt, wel at least that's the case for me, I asked them on the telephone wen it got sent to them and then emailed London to get confirmation.

If they reply to you and they have it then they would give you a Case File Number, that again is might experience.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hahahahaha thanks for the laugh! I take it the landing on the way back into Canada otherwise sent smoothly? Yay!
Yeah, the landing was great. The people I dealt with were so kind and informative. The immigration officer who signed off my COPR was chatting about how unusual it is to see UK nationals immigrating to Quebec - "it must be love!"

The customs officer who stamped my goods to follow lists was great too, he seemed relieved to see my neatly prepared goods lists and quickly knocked out an electronic B4. He talked me through everything I could expect when clearing my goods and also offered to talk through the duty exemptions for bringing in purchases in future but I said I was already familiar. In all, just a really smooth and pleasant experience.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 7:25 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindzation
Question - are you meant to get an acknowledgement of receipt from London at some point? Or does your status just eventually turn to "In Process"?
On the CIC website it just states that my boyfriends application for permanent residence was received on October 1st (that's when CIC-M received it) and that medical results have been received.
Does that seem to be the norm?
That's exactly how ours showed up, we first heard from London about 6 weeks after sponsor approval when they called my husband to ask him if we did indeed get married (someone never joined the dots between the email I sent them and our application). When my husband received the email about a week later with the approval and ppr in it, ecas still hadn't changed! It only caught up about 4 days later.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

rosskilgour is an unknown quantity at this point

Woohoo! Stage 1 (sponsor) approval received by post yesterday! Onwards to London.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

Checked the website this morning, still no change, and still not able to log in under my name. The application was received August 30th, so I'd have hoped there'd be some progress by this point.

Out of interest, does it ever state on the website that payment was received? We paid before we sent off the application, so I'm not sure if that ever shows up.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:59 pm
Concierge

We were never able to log in under my husband's name, only mine.

Doesn't say payment received.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hawkeye84
Checked the website this morning, still no change, and still not able to log in under my name. The application was received August 30th, so I'd have hoped there'd be some progress by this point.

Out of interest, does it ever state on the website that payment was received? We paid before we sent off the application, so I'm not sure if that ever shows up.
do you use your uci number or application number to login? I was logging in with my wifes info using the uci number, but with my info and the uci it wouldn't work.

Then I tried my info with the application number and it worked. I also used the cic payment receipt and my info and it let me login with that too.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

Yeah, using the UCI and my partners info works, using either the UCI or Application number with my info doesn't. Fingers crossed for next week! It'd be nice to get this all sorted by Christmas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.