Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

londonottawa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by smivers
And I've just had one

Strangely, they seem to think that my visa will expire soon, and have given me a different address for priority processing or saying that I should show the e-mail to the receptionist. This despite them quoting the expiration of my visa as April next year! Strange.

Timeline, for completeness:
Married 5th June
Docs arrived at CPC-M 18th June
Sponsorship Approval 22nd July
London Started Processing 29th July
Passport Request 26th August

28 days in London, 82 days since our wedding Time to rebook some flights.
Thats great news! congrats. still awaiting mine, started processing on the 20th July but no PR yet. They did send my personal items back and said its with the immigration officer for final review so hopefully anytime now
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

bertclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations again Andy! Glad to hear yours is going through so swiftly.

I still haven't had any confirmation that London has started processing yet so I'm getting a little worried, it was approved by Mississauga 18 days ago, does it usually take this long? Hopefully they have started processing but just haven't updated eCAS yet...
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Saya10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Received Passport back, took two weeks from inside England. Good luck to all!!!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Took my passport up to London today, super quick and easy to do. Looking forward to picking it up now.

Good Luck everyone else, congrats when you hear.

Take it easy
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Saya10
Received Passport back, took two weeks from inside England. Good luck to all!!!
Wow Saya that was pretty quick, I hope mine doesn't take too long!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

u952460 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louiseeg
Took my passport up to London today, super quick and easy to do. Looking forward to picking it up now.

Good Luck everyone else, congrats when you hear.

Take it easy
Louiseeg........could you give some more details to the process of taking your passport in for the visa?

-Was a timeline committed to by the visa office for the passport being ready to be picked up?
-Did it have to be a particular day and time for the passport to be taken in? I have seen Thursday mentioned....
-
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by u952460
Louiseeg........could you give some more details to the process of taking your passport in for the visa?

-Was a timeline committed to by the visa office for the passport being ready to be picked up?
-Did it have to be a particular day and time for the passport to be taken in? I have seen Thursday mentioned....
-
The passport request says you can take it in in person on a Thursday between 2pm and 3pm, and pick it at the same time two weeks later.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

The passport request says you can take it in in person on a Thursday between 2pm and 3pm, and pick it at the same time two weeks later.
Hi Smivers, great news on your decision. I am still awaiting any contact, email or letter to let me know my decision.

Just to clarify the passport request is the official email from the visa office and they specifically state the above? My wife is going crazy on the wait and the potential of booking return flights back the from the UK fitting into the 2 weeks timeline.....!!!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

That is what is said on the official passport request e-mail. If it makes you feel better, my intention is to get into England from Italy on the 15th September, hand my passport in on the 16th, wave goodbye to my wife on the 20th, pick my passport up on the 30th September, and then fly to Canada on the 1st October. I have all the flights booked too
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

That is what is said on the official passport request e-mail. If it makes you feel better, my intention is to get into England from Italy on the 15th September, hand my passport in on the 16th, wave goodbye to my wife on the 20th, pick my passport up on the 30th September, and then fly to Canada on the 1st October. I have all the flights booked too
Ha ha I think it puts our situation into context! Good luck.

Hopefully we will receive our decision soon so we can make plans.

Where do you plan to settle in Canada?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

I'm in Red Deer, AB at the moment on a visitors visa, and have been since the beginning of May - my wife has been living and working here for three years or so. I managed to get a job in my field last week, to start on the 4th October, so we'll be staying put here. I've already found somewhere to play squash, somewhere to play cricket, and somewhere to play drums, so it's all going well thus far! I just need to get the rest of my stuff over from England somehow (including my drum kit) along with a year or two's supply of Branston Pickle...
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

I'm in Red Deer, AB at the moment on a visitors visa, and have been since the beginning of May - my wife has been living and working here for three years or so. I managed to get a job in my field last week, to start on the 4th October, so we'll be staying put here. I've already found somewhere to play squash, somewhere to play cricket, and somewhere to play drums, so it's all going well thus far! I just need to get the rest of my stuff over from England somehow (including my drum kit) along with a year or two's supply of Branston Pickle...
https://www.scottishloft.com/Results...y=12&View=Show

Don't waste your baggage! This website will send the pickle to you. Also you can get it fairly often at bulk barn if you guys have one out there!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lethe
https://www.scottishloft.com/Results...y=12&View=Show

Don't waste your baggage! This website will send the pickle to you. Also you can get it fairly often at bulk barn if you guys have one out there!
But it's $7.50 a jar! I have two parents-in-law and a wife and I all coming over, and I'm shipping a few boxes anyway, so they'll be room for some treats...
Old Aug 27th 2010, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

And I've just had one

Strangely, they seem to think that my visa will expire soon, and have given me a different address for priority processing or saying that I should show the e-mail to the receptionist. This despite them quoting the expiration of my visa as April next year! Strange.

Timeline, for completeness:
Married 5th June
Docs arrived at CPC-M 18th June
Sponsorship Approval 22nd July
London Started Processing 29th July
Passport Request 26th August

28 days in London, 82 days since our wedding Time to rebook some flights.
Wow really hope mine get done that quick, I'm currently on CPC-M docs Rcvd:20/07/10, Approved:20/08/10 so should be with London now. I got my flight booked for 27 Oct so will have to keep my fingers crossed.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

bertclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blue monday
Wow really hope mine get done that quick, I'm currently on CPC-M docs Rcvd:20/07/10, Approved:20/08/10 so should be with London now. I got my flight booked for 27 Oct so will have to keep my fingers crossed.
Flights booked already? I hope your optimism pays off! I will be too apprehensive to book my flight until I get my passport request!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.