Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

londonwe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
Yes it does mean 11 months but if London carry on as they have been and if you have a simple case then the average for London seems to be around 3-4 months.

Only thing is whether you can judge yours to be a simple case or not.

We submitted to CPC-M on the 08th November and I had my COPR in hand 30th March.
Wow! That was fast. We submitted 4April and were hoping to be in Canada for August - the end of my maternity leave. Desperate to go home especially with a little one now. My husband's file should be straight forward as all info was there & nothing complicated there. You give me hope that it can be quick! The job hunt continues and back up plan in place just in case they take until December....
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

erinmcc174 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by conjonway
Looking closer at your dates, it looks like you only really started cohabiting and living as if you were "man and wife" from when you started living together in Canada in September 2011, so to be on the safe side you could wait until September 2012 to apply then you'll have a whole uninterrupted year in Canada. If your deadline is September 2013 then you should have ample time to get your PR before then.

Although, if you can prove that you weren't just 'travel buddies' in NZ, and were a genuine pretty much married couple from the second you met, then sure go ahead

Hi! thanks for your advice, thats great advice that I can apply to london without being in the UK, hopefully it will go through alot quicker. Im plannin on applying in September, although we've been to gether a year already I figured id wait until we could show we had been living together a year in Canada as i think this would be better! Would you suggest using a immigration lawyer or just doing it myself? are they much help?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by erinmcc174
Hi! thanks for your advice, thats great advice that I can apply to london without being in the UK, hopefully it will go through alot quicker. Im plannin on applying in September, although we've been to gether a year already I figured id wait until we could show we had been living together a year in Canada as i think this would be better! Would you suggest using a immigration lawyer or just doing it myself? are they much help?
the latest Open Data shows the following processing times for spouses in London from 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011 in months

20% 30% 50% 70% 80%
Spouses & Partners 2 3 4 5 7 1,379
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by erinmcc174
I did use a lawyer, but actually regret it. I decided to go with a contact of my OH's mum, and thought we'd get a good deal. Still worked out at around $5,000 (not including CIC fees). I spent a lot of time researching questions I had on here in the hope that the lawyers would charge me a smaller amount (assumed the less time they spent checking/correcting me then the less it would be). Turned out despite my incredibly accurate draft that I sent to them they still charged me their flat fee, and they then took about 3 weeks from the date I gave them the application before they sent it to Mississauga.

Basically, if you're competent and confident enough that you'll get the answers from the forum (and many many people have done successfully!) then you'll be way better off financially, and potentially time wise. If you want to take out the stress of worrying if you've filled in the forms out right, and have someone to blame/fix it if it goes wrong, then yes hire a lawyer.

Originally Posted by PMM
the latest Open Data shows the following processing times for spouses in London from 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011 in months

20% 30% 50% 70% 80%
Spouses & Partners 2 3 4 5 7 1,379
That's a total applications through London of 1,397 in 2011?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I did use a lawyer, but actually regret it. I decided to go with a contact of my OH's mum, and thought we'd get a good deal. Still worked out at around $5,000 (not including CIC fees). I spent a lot of time researching questions I had on here in the hope that the lawyers would charge me a smaller amount (assumed the less time they spent checking/correcting me then the less it would be). Turned out despite my incredibly accurate draft that I sent to them they still charged me their flat fee, and they then took about 3 weeks from the date I gave them the application before they sent it to Mississauga.

Basically, if you're competent and confident enough that you'll get the answers from the forum (and many many people have done successfully!) then you'll be way better off financially, and potentially time wise. If you want to take out the stress of worrying if you've filled in the forms out right, and have someone to blame/fix it if it goes wrong, then yes hire a lawyer.

That's a total applications through London of 1,397 in 2011?
Thats what it shows for spousal.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder whose butt you gotta kiss to be the 20%.

Is definitely not 1 in 5 people on this forum getting PR in that time
Old Apr 21st 2012, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

From my time on here, most people who got the forms spot on were within 3 months (in the london office). Errors on the forms added a few weeks or more depending on the reason. Check out my timeline. The November group were all done by April.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HI

You probably don't want to be in that 20% as that is where most of the refusals are.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng
From my time on here, most people who got the forms spot on were within 3 months (in the london office). Errors on the forms added a few weeks or more depending on the reason. Check out my timeline. The November group were all done by April.
Or errors by the CIC London office, we had an email saying my OH needed a RCMP certificate, even though he had never been to Canada. Took 3 weeks to get a reply to my email, and they then said it was an error and he didn't need one
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng
Right, us November group got through quite quick!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by londonwe
Wow! That was fast. We submitted 4April and were hoping to be in Canada for August - the end of my maternity leave. Desperate to go home especially with a little one now. My husband's file should be straight forward as all info was there & nothing complicated there. You give me hope that it can be quick! The job hunt continues and back up plan in place just in case they take until December....
Make sure you process you child citizenship and passport now. Your move will be simpler if you get it don't ahead of time. Good luck with the wait.

As a general comment to those waiting, when we submitted in november there was a 76 day wait-so 83 isn't that much more-even if it feels a lot worse! S
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

teacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really nice

It's been 89 days for us and no word as yet. Ugh frustrating
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

Two weeks today until the IEC VISA runs out! I thought we may squeak in the PR VISA but not sure. Sponsorship was approved Feb 18th for PR VISA. Do they send an email with the VISA in it or by letter mail? This is crunch time now.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
Two weeks today until the IEC VISA runs out! I thought we may squeak in the PR VISA but not sure. Sponsorship was approved Feb 18th for PR VISA. Do they send an email with the VISA in it or by letter mail? This is crunch time now.
Mine ran out already, was kinda hoping that my PR would come by the end of April, but oh well. Have got a TWP to entertain myself with starting in a few weeks.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We sent off our application on March 22nd. I have just tried to check the application status using our recipet number and my husbands details seeing as he is sponsoring me but nothing came up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.