Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Lethe

Louise, that sounds like good news to me. Unless you robbed a bank or something whilst you were here it looks like you'll be hearing something soon

Thanx, i hope i hear soon. Am in fredericton right now with hubby so its ok, just been out for a drive for the first time and was a bit scared haha.

Would be excellent if i could hear this week or next. We shall see i guess.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by louiseeg
Thanx, i hope i hear soon. Am in fredericton right now with hubby so its ok, just been out for a drive for the first time and was a bit scared haha.

Would be excellent if i could hear this week or next. We shall see i guess.
I didn't drive for 2 months and hubby would only let me do it at night when there was no-one on the roads to avoid hitting people when I forgot what side of the road I was meant to be on. He also hated my habit of driving around parked cars (well hello, I'm from Cornwall where people park on both sides of the road regardless of how wide it is!) You'll get it quickly though, I was confident within a fortnight or so.
Will you go home if you hear or rebook your flight for after your wedding?? It's all so exciting when it feels like the end is near.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Ha ha ... well that makes me feel better. He said he doesnt like the way i drive back home (going fast down country roads).

The plan is after the wedding (14th August) i am then going back home on the 23rd, and arrive back on that wednesday and im hoping to be able to take my passport to london that thursday. Thats why i really hope i hear soon, would be perfect if it went that way. Plus gives us something else to celebrate at the wedding day with all our friends and family.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Ha ha ... well that makes me feel better. He said he doesnt like the way i drive back home (going fast down country roads).

The plan is after the wedding (14th August) i am then going back home on the 23rd, and arrive back on that wednesday and im hoping to be able to take my passport to london that thursday. Thats why i really hope i hear soon, would be perfect if it went that way. Plus gives us something else to celebrate at the wedding day with all our friends and family.
Oh My Goodness! I just got 'decision made' but not what the decision is. Now I'm getting the mini panic attack that it's going to say, 'we don't want you here, get out'! eek!
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

quietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nice

I just knew you would get a response before me! Darn sexist London!

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Saya10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh My Goodness! I just got 'decision made' but not what the decision is. Now I'm getting the mini panic attack that it's going to say, 'we don't want you here, get out'! eek!
That's exactly what I got. Haven't heard anything yet on the DM but being hopeful. My thinking is they didn't ask for an interview or any additional documents and our case is pretty straight forward. Congrats on the DM, I'm sure it will be good news!
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Saya10
That's exactly what I got. Haven't heard anything yet on the DM but being hopeful. My thinking is they didn't ask for an interview or any additional documents and our case is pretty straight forward. Congrats on the DM, I'm sure it will be good news!
You're still waiting for what the decision is Saya?! Geez...do you think they have mailed it to you guys?
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

I've just changed to "In Process" on e-cas, just a week after getting the sponsorship approval. Not seen any of them jump across the pond that quickly

Congrats on the DM Lethe - I'm sure it's positive

Andy
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smivers
I've just changed to "In Process" on e-cas, just a week after getting the sponsorship approval. Not seen any of them jump across the pond that quickly

Congrats on the DM Lethe - I'm sure it's positive

Andy
Quietgiroth's took 7 days too smivers. That is fast, mine took just over 2 weeks! I hope it's positive.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

blinky hell, i wish they would hurry up with myn, ive been waiting since may...i hate you all ha ha ha

congrats though peeps.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

quietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nice

It will be positive, don't worry!
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:09 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smivers
It used to be really fast way back when. Calgary told me 6-12 months just to process my sponsorship application, totally unjelpful. On my text trip back the London, phoned CIC the day I arrived and asked for help, got appointment the next day - sponsorship application, approval, PR application & issue med forms - same day while we sat in the office and waited. All done and dusted and in country on PR in under a month.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

blinky hell, i wish they would hurry up with myn, ive been waiting since may...i hate you all ha ha ha

congrats though peeps.
I'm just waiting on them to give me some number so that I can get my NZ, Malaysian, possibly Chinese police clearances (Canadian and UK ones are done). Once I get that...it will be another minimum of six weeks just to get the police clearances! Then more processing time I'm sure.

Even worse I've now watched every episode of Restaurant Makeover. I might have to start watching daytime soaps!

One day it will all just be a memory, in the mean time it's like living in purgatory!

My moan of the day
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quietgiroth
I'm just waiting on them to give me some number so that I can get my NZ, Malaysian, possibly Chinese police clearances (Canadian and UK ones are done). Once I get that...it will be another minimum of six weeks just to get the police clearances! Then more processing time I'm sure.

Even worse I've now watched every episode of Restaurant Makeover. I might have to start watching daytime soaps!

One day it will all just be a memory, in the mean time it's like living in purgatory!

My moan of the day
You'll hear soon Louise I'm sure of it!
quietgiroth, just wait until you've also watched all the CSI's (yup including Miami) the Criminal Minds and the Holmes' Homes too!
Wish they would send the email. Other than Saya does that seem to be the norm?
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Lethe! Happy for you! Hoping I hear something soonnnnn.....hopefully before I go visit my hubby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.