Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Saya10
I'm the sponsor and my bf is British. He's in England right now working until we get some word from immigration. It would be nice if he would make it back for part of the summer.
ah ok, well maybe we will hear back soon! have to stop myself checking every five minutes.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Saya10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louiseeg
SO you are in Canada and he is in England? My husband is in Canada and im in the UK working, it sucks being apart. London started processing myn on the 19th May, hopefully it will only be 2 months i have to wait, but you just never know. Have you guys been together long, and have you lived together?
Yup I'm in Canadaland and he's in England. It def sucks being apart, specially after being used to living with each other. We met each other in late 2007, visited back and forth then in 2009 he came to live with me on a one year Holiday work visa. We are applying as CommonLaw and as far as I can tell our case is pretty straight foward but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Best of luck!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lethe
ah ok, well maybe we will hear back soon! have to stop myself checking every five minutes.
lol I work in front of a computer all day so the temptation is too great!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Yup I'm in Canadaland and he's in England. It def sucks being apart, specially after being used to living with each other. We met each other in late 2007, visited back and forth then in 2009 he came to live with me on a one year Holiday work visa. We are applying as CommonLaw and as far as I can tell our case is pretty straight foward but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Best of luck!
I think our case is pretty straightforward too so
Old Jul 1st 2010, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Well its been just over six months since I started this thread and my passport request just came through!!!!

I sent an email about a week ago and thought was being ignored but seems it may have reminded someone to do something.

Anyways seems things are good to go!

Timeline

Approved mississauga 23rd October 2009
London Processed 18 December 2009
Approved for PR June 28 2010

For all those getting worried it can take longer it seems than those getting done in two months!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by weaver2008
Well its been just over six months since I started this thread and my passport request just came through!!!!

I sent an email about a week ago and thought was being ignored but seems it may have reminded someone to do something.

Anyways seems things are good to go!

Timeline

Approved mississauga 23rd October 2009
London Processed 18 December 2009
Approved for PR June 28 2010

For all those getting worried it can take longer it seems than those getting done in two months!
Congratulations Weaver! So happy you finally got PR. I hope that mine doesn't take six months though!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

The last time I posted a reply on here about timings and sponsorship(Mississauga thread) the letter arrived the next day confirming ok for sponsorship and docs sent to London so as they started processing on the 3rd June 2010, hopefully the E-mail will get sent tomorrow( Canada Day hangovers permitting), but if not hopefully before November as that is when we are going for a Recce for a month
Old Jul 6th 2010, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point

London started processing 02/07/10.
It already says Medicals recieved,is this a good sign that it will be quick, or is it just because i did my medicals prior to, and they dont need to request it?
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by may_bettesworth
London started processing 02/07/10.
It already says Medicals recieved,is this a good sign that it will be quick, or is it just because i did my medicals prior to, and they dont need to request it?
Hi May,
I had the same statement as you, they already had my medical when they updated it. Doesn't seem to make any difference, I'm still waiting and some of the other guys whooshed through. They just returned my photos so I'm not sure what that means, hopefully good!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

Their website is down,....the link is not working to check the status today

Im in Canada and husband is in London...got married Nov 2009 and then I left UK in March 2010...newly married and apart...hopefully they speed it up ....

Its only been May since i applied
Old Jul 9th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LuvShy
Their website is down,....the link is not working to check the status today

Im in Canada and husband is in London...got married Nov 2009 and then I left UK in March 2010...newly married and apart...hopefully they speed it up ....

Its only been May since i applied
Ya it wasn't working for me either. Have you gotten your first stage approval?
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi saya10

Yup I got the first approval, file was sent to England on June 17th. How about u....Im hoping the next part gets approved soon. Want my husband here before the end of the year, the sooner the better....or im planning to go back to london in october....want some sort of permanent solution hate running back and forth btw canada and london....
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

well i got married in december 2009 and london started processing myn on the 19th may - im back in the uk while he is out in canada...it sucks but i guess you just have to wait and see, nothing you can do....its poop.

hopefully i will hear soon then it wont be long for you guys - i hope.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ya it wasn't working for me either. Have you gotten your first stage approval?
In the spirit of hopeless optimism, maybe it was so overloaded with 'decision made' inputs today that the whole system crashed.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Someone on here a while a go gave me this link,

https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

put your info in and it will email you when you have an update - its very handy instead of having to check the application status all the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.