Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by LuvShy
Hey may_bettesworth

Did you try calling them? I tried since the day I submitted my application and they said I have to wait like something around 2 months, cuz they were still processing applications backlogged 2 months, and then all of a sudden I get a letter saying that its been processed and I qualify and being transfered to Londo Don't know what the heck is going on.

Hopefullly you get a response back soon....

Now its just waiting for my husband's processing in England...and unfortunately our case is not so straight fwd so it might take a bit longer

Hey i checked ECAS today and i am in the system!
Woohoo! At last.
I hope your process isnt too difficult.
Sending positive vibes to CIC! Does that work????
hahaha
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lethe
Just got the news, London received my application on 16th June and they have my medicals. Crossed fingers for everyone!!!

How did you know they had got your medicals?
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by louiseeg
How did you know they had got your medicals?
Well it says 'in process' and when we clicked it it came up, 'Received 16th June' and just under that I think 'medicals received'.

I'm almost exactly a month behind you now Louise so we'll see if that translates to our timelines!

Last edited by Lethe; Jun 22nd 2010 at 10:02 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

oh no, i hope they got myn, all myn says is:

We started processing LOUISE .... application on May 19, 2010.

I hope that doesnt mean i will have another delay in something i did wrong.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

just looked, maybe your application will go through quicker than as it says this on on a bit more information;

DECISIONMADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

just looked, maybe your application will go through quicker than as it says this on on a bit more information;

DECISIONMADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.
It says decision made? Doesn't that mean you should be hearing stuff soon? Mine says, 'We started processing your application on June 16, 2010.

Medical results have been received.'
That's all...when you get to the sceen where is says, 'sponsored person. sponsorship application. and permanent residence' does it say 'decision made' under both headings?
p.s I'm sure you haven't done anything else wrong louise!

Last edited by Lethe; Jun 22nd 2010 at 11:50 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

L&S
Thanks for your insightful advice...I submitted all my husbands police clearances from all the countries he has lived at and also his medical at the time of when i submitted my appliation. hopefully that will make the process time a little less.

may_bettesworth congrats happy for you!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

no no, it doesnt have decision made, it just says they received my application and nothing about medicals
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

no no, it doesnt have decision made, it just says they received my application and nothing about medicals
I'm sure it will be fine be positive...

I'm still waiting to hear something...
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry hon, I misread your post. I'm sure everything is fine, after all it takes ages for ecas to be updated, they may have your medicals but just haven't put it on there yet!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious guys, werent you required to submit your medical receipt at the time of you submitting your application....

i sent in my application along with medical payment receipt. my husband also got confirmation after he did his medical that they received it at the office, only after that I submit my sponsorship appliation
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LuvShy
Just curious guys, werent you required to submit your medical receipt at the time of you submitting your application....

i sent in my application along with medical payment receipt. my husband also got confirmation after he did his medical that they received it at the office, only after that I submit my sponsorship appliation
Yup we did but it gets sent somewhere in Canada I think first where they check it out then they send it to london.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:57 am
Just Joined

miche11e is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. I have been following others peoples timelines, so I thought I would put ours on.
My husband is English and I (dual citizenship through marriage) have been living with him in England for 6 years. We sent our application to Mississauga on April 7, I got approved to sponsor on May 7, on May 19 they started processing my husbands application in London. On June 10 they sent back our photos (wedding and others). I take this to mean that they believe we are a married couple who love each other, etc and are now processing the rest...
On July 2 we are flying into Vancouver and he his making a dual intent entry. I will post how this goes when we get to Canada. We are going with a shared container of household goods to follow (Eurousa) (good so far), I'm not sure how much the immigration/customs official at the airport will like that.
Hopefully my husband will be granted a temporary resident permit while we wait for his application to be finished. Then we will have to send his passport to London and after that comes back make a trip to the US (a ferry ride away) to land.
Hope all of you still waiting hear something soon
Old Jun 24th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point

Decision made 21 June!

Just waiting for the letter, hopefully its a yes to y partner sponsoring me, and they have sent it to London!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

I got my passport request letter this morning... I'm still in shock... it didn't take long at all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.