Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 12th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thanks Mdunny and mrsG.
Was a long slog, but I suppose 7 months in comparison to some visas is nothing at all!

I am just glad we did not book our flights for this month because i am sure my heart would have packed in by now!!!

All done now - just the main event now!!
Old May 12th 2011, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Linlaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations caleo, what a relief. Hope you'll still check in from time to time and continue to offer your word of wisdom and support to the rest of us hanging on!
Old May 13th 2011, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

pixies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there. I was wondering how long you have to send your passport to London once you receive the request.

Providing the application went smoothly, we're expecting the request some time in early June, although I'm visiting Canada for two months (starting May 26th) to buy a house with my fiance. I'm obviously worried that I'll get the request while I'm there and I'll have to send my passport before my return trip on July 27th. It's not too much of an issue, but with flights costing an arm and a leg during the summer months I'd rather not have to miss that flight and take another!

If I send from Toronto via the fastest possible method, is there any chance at all that I'll get it back before the 27th, or is it wishful thinking? Or am I safe to wait until I'm back in the UK to send it off?

Thanks in advance
Old May 13th 2011, 3:51 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Originally Posted by pixies
Hi there. I was wondering how long you have to send your passport to London once you receive the request.

Providing the application went smoothly, we're expecting the request some time in early June, although I'm visiting Canada for two months (starting May 26th) to buy a house with my fiance. I'm obviously worried that I'll get the request while I'm there and I'll have to send my passport before my return trip on July 27th. It's not too much of an issue, but with flights costing an arm and a leg during the summer months I'd rather not have to miss that flight and take another!

If I send from Toronto via the fastest possible method, is there any chance at all that I'll get it back before the 27th, or is it wishful thinking? Or am I safe to wait until I'm back in the UK to send it off?

Thanks in advance
You have 45 days from the passport request email/letter to get it to london.

The fastest shipping I could get for my OH took from Halifax to London took 5 days and cost approx. $56 dollars with Canada Post. There is faster shipping that you can get but it requires a phone number at the destination.

It took 7 weeks from the date received in London to get the passport back to us in Halifax, NS. CIC London says not to contact them about the status of your passport until it's been gone for 6 weeks.
Old May 13th 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

kurashikisuzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Josephliam and Mrs G! It's taken me a while to respond as I was in the UK last week, just got back to Toronto. All is done, meds, fees paid and now passport's been sent off. Second period of waiting begins but much less stressful. We were so lucky we had a short turnaround!

Caleo and all who have received their passports back, happy things are finally sorted for you! Congrats again!
Old May 13th 2011, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

pixies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alexisatk
You have 45 days from the passport request email/letter to get it to london.

The fastest shipping I could get for my OH took from Halifax to London took 5 days and cost approx. $56 dollars with Canada Post. There is faster shipping that you can get but it requires a phone number at the destination.

It took 7 weeks from the date received in London to get the passport back to us in Halifax, NS. CIC London says not to contact them about the status of your passport until it's been gone for 6 weeks.
Thanks! Looks like I'll just have to send it off and hope it's back in time for my flight back to the UK. Also fingers crossed they request it right at the beginning of June, or the end! I've been very organised so far with the entire process, but I didn't consider a time limit on the passport request. Oh well
Old May 14th 2011, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

BlackIceBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Right. Rage post!

I've been patient up until now, but they've finally broken me. Thanks a lot CIC!!

I never anticipated that waiting for my passport to come back would be the hardest wait. It's tragic.

The only positive is that I haven't booked my one way ticket yet. Meanwhile, the price of said flight is probably on the rise...as...I...type...cha-ching!

As for my work - they're pretty lenient on the notice I give, but I can't help thinking I'm running out of days. I'm conscientious like that.

Really damaging my calm.

If you live in the UK; drop it off and pick it up. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt. Chances are you'll waste more cash waiting for it to be posted back to you compared to two return trips to London.

And breathe. 10...9...8...
Old May 14th 2011, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

when did you send it?

with all the bank holidays a few weeks ago, seems like those 2 weeks can be just written off. I waited 5 weeks for mine in March/April . It is frustrating especially when you cannot contact them...getting the PPR request was great and all but if your waiting to depart then waiting for the passport was harder..

g'luck
Old May 14th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlackIceBoy
Right. Rage post!

I've been patient up until now, but they've finally broken me. Thanks a lot CIC!!

I never anticipated that waiting for my passport to come back would be the hardest wait. It's tragic.

The only positive is that I haven't booked my one way ticket yet. Meanwhile, the price of said flight is probably on the rise...as...I...type...cha-ching!

As for my work - they're pretty lenient on the notice I give, but I can't help thinking I'm running out of days. I'm conscientious like that.

Really damaging my calm.

If you live in the UK; drop it off and pick it up. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt. Chances are you'll waste more cash waiting for it to be posted back to you compared to two return trips to London.

And breathe. 10...9...8...
You are a few days behind me - so you should get yours this week. Did you send a return envelope? Are you in the UK? mine were sent out to me on the 12th May, and they received them on the 8th April - 5 weeks seems to be the norm......
Old May 14th 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

They received it on April 12th.

Yeah, am in UK. I included a Special Delivery envelope.

I want to depart on May 25th...so am waiting on a passport that will determine if the next week and a bit includes writing a letter of resignation, booking a flight, and saying goodbye to friends and family.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sconehead
You did get the digital finger prints didn't you? That takes around a week to get your prints back to you.

120 days is for ink finger printing.

I'd take the hit and get it done again and complain.

Yes defiantly did the digital fingerprints.

actually digital can also take up to 120 days to! frustrating. I am at 105.

They have acknowledged that they have my fingerprints and are processing them so I see no point in doing them again. as it is a 5 hour drive to digital place and that would mean another couple of hundred dollars in gas and fees

after relentless emails my inquiry has now been passed on to a supervisor and I have been giving a fax number to try. so first thing on Monday fax going out see if that helps.

very frustrated but nothing I can really do.
Old May 17th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Well, i checked our application on ECAS today and ... well, now I can update things! (Woo hoo) The London office has recieved our application!!! YAYA!!!

super excited and nervous....and i finally figured out how to put a signature with ourtimeline!
Old May 18th 2011, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Need some advice...

Last week, I sent a query to CIC London asking for a status update on my passport.

Yesterday afternoon I received a reply saying it was mailed on 16/05/2011 by Special Delivery (in the envelope I provided).

Should be next day delivery, but it didn't arrive yesterday (so I assumed it missed the afternoon post on Monday?).

BUT neither has it arrived today.

What do I do now? Send another query asking for a tracking number?
Old May 18th 2011, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackIceBoy
Need some advice...

Last week, I sent a query to CIC London asking for a status update on my passport.

Yesterday afternoon I received a reply saying it was mailed on 16/05/2011 by Special Delivery (in the envelope I provided).

Should be next day delivery, but it didn't arrive yesterday (so I assumed it missed the afternoon post on Monday?).

BUT neither has it arrived today.

What do I do now? Send another query asking for a tracking number?

That was one thing I was worried about with sending the envelope - you don't get a tracking number, so you can't follow things up! I would email them and ask for the tracking number. Do special delivery have to be delivered by a certain time? I thought it was just next day - so maybe they have up till 5 -pm?

They seem to respond to the emails regarding passports quite quickly, so hopefully you can get a tracking number fairly easily.

Good luck!
Old May 18th 2011, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caleo
That was one thing I was worried about with sending the envelope - you don't get a tracking number, so you can't follow things up! I would email them and ask for the tracking number. Do special delivery have to be delivered by a certain time? I thought it was just next day - so maybe they have up till 5 -pm?

They seem to respond to the emails regarding passports quite quickly, so hopefully you can get a tracking number fairly easily.

Good luck!
Thanks - just the answer/support/advice I was looking for!

I was worried about not getting the tracking number, but it seems it's a general thing they do.

I will email them this afternoon with my concerns; asking for the tracking number.

I believe it's guaranteed next day delivery before noon.

Thanks Caleo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.