Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 8th 2018, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Brooks52
Thanks! Yes I was surprised it was so quick, we aren’t even planning on moving until early next year so I might have to do a quick trip to activate it!

I think my application was processed in Mississauga, there seem to be a few others recently that have been processed quickly in Mississauga
Based on my recent experience:

- definitely do a flagpole / activation trip

- try and do it sooner rather than later

The reason for this is all PR card related. My COPR also came through much faster than I was anticipating. We already had a trip to Canada planned for Christmas last year, so that worked out fine from being within the 12 months from medicals period. BUT that trip was just shy of six months from when my COPR was approved, so the photos on my COPR "expired" one month after I did my landing, which was while my PR card was processing. Therefore I got a request to do another set of photos, which came shortly after I'd returned to Australia for the wrap up period (which for work reasons is now taking much longer than I thought it would). It ended up not being a drama, but it meant I had to get another set of photos done and send them off by courier to the PR processing centre in Nova Scotia.

Do you have an address in Canada to which your PR card can be sent (and from which you can then have it sent to you)?

If you don't have your PR card when you make the final move, you'll need to get a Permanent Resident Travel Document to travel to Canada by air. This is not difficult, but requires more form filling, sending in your passport and fee paying - an administrative irritation when you probably don't need any others.

Having your PR card may also be necessary for exchanging your driver's licence, and there could be other transactions with eg banks, employers, landlords where being able to flash it might come in handy. It's a useful thing to have all sorted before you make the final move if that's possible to achieve.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:14 am
Just Joined

AIRD85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Just a quick message to say I received my CORP on Saturday 7/4/18 Only 5 more weeks left in the UK until we start our new life in Calgary
Old Apr 12th 2018, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

KKaplanis is an unknown quantity at this point

We mailed off our application and should be there either today or tomorrow. Does CIC send an email confirming they have received the application?

Hurlabrick you can use my information to use on your spreadsheet.

We sent off our application outland from Newquay, Cornwall UK, and we are common-law partners.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Thanks for that. I have added you to the spreadsheet, you are the first to volunteer their details for 2018!! Please keep us updated by posting here, thank you!
I'm sending ours next week! Will update you when it's sent!
Old Apr 13th 2018, 9:23 am
Just Joined

saadi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have been sponsored under family class (Spouse), my application was submitted by Dec, 2018 to CPC Mississauga. I regularly received communication through my GCKEY account. They requested for Police certificates and medical, which i also submitted . My Fiancee received and email two weeks ago that my application have been forward to London visa office and now status on ECAS is "We started processing your application (of PR) on April 3, 2018"
how much more time it will take for finalizing this process ? Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brooks52
Got my approval email today! Just waiting for copr in post now
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AIRD85
Hi, Just a quick message to say I received my CORP on Saturday 7/4/18 Only 5 more weeks left in the UK until we start our new life in Calgary
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KKaplanis
We mailed off our application and should be there either today or tomorrow. Does CIC send an email confirming they have received the application?

Hurlabrick you can use my information to use on your spreadsheet.

We sent off our application outland from Newquay, Cornwall UK, and we are common-law partners.
Thanks for participating. Added to spreadsheet. Please keep us updated by posting updates on this thread. Good luck!
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by saadi
Hi, I have been sponsored under family class (Spouse), my application was submitted by Dec, 2018 to CPC Mississauga. I regularly received communication through my GCKEY account. They requested for Police certificates and medical, which i also submitted . My Fiancee received and email two weeks ago that my application have been forward to London visa office and now status on ECAS is "We started processing your application (of PR) on April 3, 2018"
how much more time it will take for finalizing this process ? Thanks
Please see the spreadsheet link in my signature line below. Lots of real life timescales there for you to get an idera from.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Application received in Mississauga yesterday afternoon April 19 2018.

Spousal sponsorship. He's got a criminal record but should be "deemed rehabilitated" as it was over 12 years ago. Hoping for a speedy decision!

Will keep you updated as to how we get on!
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LizLon
Application received in Mississauga yesterday afternoon April 19 2018.

Spousal sponsorship. He's got a criminal record but should be "deemed rehabilitated" as it was over 12 years ago. Hoping for a speedy decision!

Will keep you updated as to how we get on!
Do you want to participate in the tracking spreadsheet? If so, just post updates here. To add you I would need to know

1. PA nationality
2. Your location (e.g. London UK)
3. Common law or married?
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Do you want to participate in the tracking spreadsheet? If so, just post updates here. To add you I would need to know

1. PA nationality
2. Your location (e.g. London UK)
3. Common law or married?
yes! anything to help others. love this site.

PA is British
We are in London UK
We are common-law applying under family class.

ta!
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LizLon
yes! anything to help others. love this site.

PA is British
We are in London UK
We are common-law applying under family class.

ta!
Added to spreadsheet, thank you!
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Alex_Spouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello British Expat forum,

We are coming up to the end of the 12 month period and, unfortunately, our outland LVO application is still outstanding. Seems like some applications coming out of that office are really bogged down.

My wife is in Canada at the moment - under dual intent - and we are hoping that the application will be processed asap and while she is still in Canada.

I've got a couple of questions for the group and your feedback would be most appreciated:

1. Does anyone have any experience with updating the application (if need be) while the applicant is in Canada under dual intent?

2. If the outland applicant is in Canada when DM is granted and COPR issued, what steps need to follow to complete the process?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Best,
Alex
Old Apr 25th 2018, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

amyg339 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I was asked on the 26th February to provide additional documentation. This was a police clearance from the UK (country of citizenship), and a police clearance from New Zealand (which I lived and worked for 12 months).

I previously sent my UK police clearance when asked after submitting my application, however didn't submit the New Zealand one.

I submitted the documentation required around 2 weeks ago, and have today revived an email stating the following....

"I am about to complete the assessment of your application for permanent residence in Canada and I am unable to determine that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

You were asked on 26 February 2018 to provide updated and additional documentation and information within 30 days in order for us to complete the assessment of your eligibility and admissibility for this application.

-Original Police Certificate from New Zealand.

To this date, we have received neither the required documents nor any communication from you. You are being granted a final 30 days from the date of this letter to comply with our request. Should you fail to present the documentation requested, your application will be assessed based on the evidence currently available on file and this may result in the refusal of your application."

It's really worrying me now, I attached the 2 PDF files together (UK certificate & New Zealand clearance) and have got this back. I now do not have the option to upload a file so am unsure where to go from here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.