Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 22nd 2018, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Beardyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I have done an analysis of timescales for 2017 so far split by visa exempt vs non-visa exempt (you are visa exempt). It shows a 'bell curve' of overall timeline from receipt to approval of 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 months with outliers both before and after these timeline. I have attached the jpg of the graph to this post.

So in theory, given you sent your application in at the end of October, receipt of CoPR by August is I would suggest 'possible' but I would not want to bank on it (perhaps 50 / 50). OTOH, the fact that you are not yet Sponsor Approved seems to me to point towards a 'less likely' outcome.

Best of luck!
I apologise profusely I thought I responded!

I'm in awe of your work here, that's incredible fingers crossed, but I'm ready for the less likely too.

Each update I got so far made me so happy, however probably nothing will compare to the day I am actually flying out there and all the time and money has paid off (literally).
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Just to update for info that GCkey updated with COPR yesterday (22.03.18) so will let you know once I receive in the post. At the same time everything else updated to say background checked completed, decision made etc! (it hadn't really updated since SA)
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

gruffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

My wife text me last night to say that immigration emailed her saying they sent it to London? She is the sponsor and I'm applying for PR.

She sent me a screen shot of her ECAS it says sponsored person = me, sponsorship application status = Decision made and the last tab says PR application = in progress.

I checked mycic and ECAS and theirs no change at my end?

She also got a letter/email from the tax off asking how much i earnt yesterday, not sure if this is related?

Does this mean I've been approved or there was problems so they are sending it to london?

Can anyone pls help, @Hurlabrick

Just wanna say well done to everone that got theirs recently, its a nerve racking experience.

edit = I guess i'm worried cause they asked for the imm form 3 times, or i sent it with app, they asked for it again in dec, then again on 28th of feb where they also asked for the police form again and proof/communication? There was no explanation for this and I could only upload 1 item? So I made a word document below?

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We have proof of communication via what’s app messages, photos and emails. We have letters from family members, flight details to and from Winnipeg for both Ashley and me. We have our wedding certificate which is now in Winnipeg with Ashley, honeymoon bookings ect. Ashley also lived with me through most of 2017.

We did send all these with our application in October.

I have tried to upload these but it will only let me submit one document?

Please can you let me know what you need and how to upload it?

Kind regards,

Chris.

P.S.

Since we applied for the application is now back working for her previous employer and I have been offered a position in Winnipeg with my old employer Stanley Black and Decker Inc. I hope that the application process will not be much longer as we have a ceremony for the Canadian side of the family that couldn’t make it to the wedding in June. "

Last edited by gruffchris; Mar 23rd 2018 at 12:06 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avjoy
Just to update for info that GCkey updated with COPR yesterday (22.03.18) so will let you know once I receive in the post. At the same time everything else updated to say background checked completed, decision made etc! (it hadn't really updated since SA)
Great news! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffchris
Hi All,

My wife text me last night to say that immigration emailed her saying they sent it to London? She is the sponsor and I'm applying for PR.

She sent me a screen shot of her ECAS it says sponsored person = me, sponsorship application status = Decision made and the last tab says PR application = in progress.

I checked mycic and ECAS and theirs no change at my end?

She also got a letter/email from the tax off asking how much i earnt yesterday, not sure if this is related?

Does this mean I've been approved or there was problems so they are sending it to london?

Can anyone pls help, @Hurlabrick

Just wanna say well done to everone that got theirs recently, its a nerve racking experience.

edit = I guess i'm worried cause they asked for the imm form 3 times, or i sent it with app, they asked for it again in dec, then again on 28th of feb where they also asked for the police form again and proof/communication? There was no explanation for this and I could only upload 1 item? So I made a word document below?

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We have proof of communication via what’s app messages, photos and emails. We have letters from family members, flight details to and from Winnipeg for both Ashley and me. We have our wedding certificate which is now in Winnipeg with Ashley, honeymoon bookings ect. Ashley also lived with me through most of 2017.

We did send all these with our application in October.

I have tried to upload these but it will only let me submit one document?

Please can you let me know what you need and how to upload it?

Kind regards,

Chris.

P.S.

Since we applied for the application is now back working for her previous employer and I have been offered a position in Winnipeg with my old employer Stanley Black and Decker Inc. I hope that the application process will not be much longer as we have a ceremony for the Canadian side of the family that couldn’t make it to the wedding in June. "
Well that sounds like a 'Decision Made' for the PA to me. AIUI, Mississauga will transfer the file to London for them to issue the CoPR, so that is what the transfer is likely to be.

Not at all unusual for one tracking source to be updated before another, but unlikely the 'decision made' notification is a mistake. So lets call it DM as at 22-Mar, please keep us updated.

You say at the same time you got a query from the tax office (i.e. NOT CIC)? If so, then this will be nothing to do with your PR application - government offices are definitely nowhere near as connected as being able to work together!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! Spreadsheet updated.
Thank you, and for all the other replies you gave me during the process. I think I will now celebrate :-)
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Update fiancée got an email Sponsor Approval confirmed but no processing office yet.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beardyman
Update fiancée got an email Sponsor Approval confirmed but no processing office yet.
About time! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

ok thanks for that Hurlabrick.

I must admit I'm worried about all this stuff, just want to be back with my wife now .

I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

About time! Spreadsheet updated.
Right! I was so shocked, I didn't even expect it I was ready to wait a while. The big thing now will be seeing what office we get.

But was a nice pick me up after being so down with work.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Emily1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update:

- Jan 31s requested French police certificate.

- March 15th received an email with a .pdf letter saying 'The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete' and asking for passport copy, more photos and a copy of the letter. No way to upload these online so used an online request form and sent the photos into London address as requested.

On my cic it still says 'in progress' for everything except the medical which it says passed.

Does this mean we are nearly there?

Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi Emily,

I'll let the others say, but it does sound like you're close .

Have you checked ECAS? From what i've read this changes first before the My CIC.

You can click this link below, enter you details, you may see a Decision made?

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/vie...b&app=&lang=en
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the message and link. I just logged in to ECAS and it says 'decision made', but not what the decision is!

Timeline updates:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2017.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2018.

Medical results have been received.

Thanks!
Old Mar 26th 2018, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Emily1987
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the message and link. I just logged in to ECAS and it says 'decision made', but not what the decision is!

Timeline updates:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2017.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2018.

Medical results have been received.

Thanks!
They would not have requested photos and passport copy just to decline you, so 99.5% certain that 'decision made' is approval.

To help complete your timeline, can you say when you were 'sponsor approved' and which visa office they sent it to (i.e. which visa office you are now speaking to (probably London).

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

They would not have requested photos and passport copy just to decline you, so 99.5% certain that 'decision made' is approval.

To help complete your timeline, can you say when you were 'sponsor approved' and which visa office they sent it to (i.e. which visa office you are now speaking to (probably London).

Spreadsheet updated.
Great news! Thanks for the info. I;m not sure when I was 'sponsor approved' how would I find this?
It was being processed in Missisagua but they recently asked for photos to be sent to London so I presume London now.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.