Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 16th 2018, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by avjoy
Thank you. Actually can't believe it. Afraid to get too excited or celebrate :-)
I know how you feels. After the months and years of planning! Celebrate when you get the CoPR - should be days or a couple of weeks at most!
Old Mar 16th 2018, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

EngCan is an unknown quantity at this point

Further to update on the 9th March my COPR was delivered yesterday!

One thing which looks odd though is that under ‘Dependent Info’ it asks if you have got any not listed........but there are none there. We have 2 children (and said so in the application) so this seems odd......although they have Canadian nationality so are they not listed because of that!?
Old Mar 16th 2018, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EngCan
Further to update on the 9th March my COPR was delivered yesterday!

One thing which looks odd though is that under ‘Dependent Info’ it asks if you have got any not listed........but there are none there. We have 2 children (and said so in the application) so this seems odd......although they have Canadian nationality so are they not listed because of that!?
All done then! Spreadsheet updated.

No, your children won't be listed on the CoPR and neither will you (as sponsor) as you are all Canadian citizens. It is only people granted PR that are listed on the CoPR.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

MS2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Need some advice - Today I have been asked for my Police Cert for the second time :-(
- My Application was received 30 Oct 2017
- Background Check and Police Cert confirmed as received 3 Jan 2018 - The Police Cert was issued on 3 Nov 2017

The CIC Portal I see has also been updated with the below
'We started processing your application on March 16, 2018.'

I know CIC only accept Police Certs that are valid for 3 months but I thought as they had confirmed receipt in Jan that they wouldn't need a new one.. I have now just requested another police cert and will upload it to my online account. My online account has had no updates until today where it states Police Certificate required - Replacement Needed

I am trying to remain positive and hopefully this means that we can start to see real progress, as has been a while (Jan) since any significant movements.

Is this normal re the Police Cert and having to send a new one even though they confirmed receipt of it two months ago?
Old Mar 19th 2018, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MS2017
Hi All,

Need some advice - Today I have been asked for my Police Cert for the second time :-(
- Background Check and Police Cert confirmed as received 3 Jan 2018 - The Police Cert was issued on 3 Nov 2017

I know CIC only accept Police Certs that are valid for 3 months but I thought as they had confirmed receipt in Jan that they wouldn't need a new one.. I have now just requested another police cert and will upload it to my online account. My online account has had no updates until today where it states Police Certificate required - Replacement Needed

I am trying to remain positive and hopefully this means that we can start to see real progress, as has been a while (Jan) since any significant movements.

Is this normal re the Police Cert and having to send a new one even though they confirmed receipt of it two months ago?
Is it 'normal' - no. Has it ever happened before - yes. God knows why they have asked for a replacement. Count to ten (several times), suck it up and get another is all you can do I'm afraid.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

gruffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MS2017
Hi All,

Hey,

I applied two weeks before you. I had a message about two weeks ago saying that they needed me to upload police cert and the background check form. I sent the back ground and police cert with the original application. The time line between us is similar, but on MYCIC mine change to back ground check in progress at the same time.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

HevWels is an unknown quantity at this point

Received CoPR in mail today 20th March. It took 5x days to receive following decision made online 15th March 2018
Old Mar 20th 2018, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HevWels
Received CoPR in mail today 20th March. It took 5x days to receive following decision made online 15th March 2018
Thanks for the update. Spreadsheet updated. Good luck on your move preparations and landing!
Old Mar 20th 2018, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

HevWels is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you and thanks again this site and spreadsheets are very helpful.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Beardyman is an unknown quantity at this point

How long did most people take to hear what their processing office was after passing medical?

I've passed medical now and they have my schedule A and Police Certificate next step is processing office which is the last leg I think?

Last edited by Beardyman; Mar 21st 2018 at 12:51 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beardyman
How long did most people take to hear what their processing office was after passing medical?

I've passed medical now and they have my schedule A and Police Certificate next step is processing office which is the last leg I think?
Have you had sponsor approval yet (not according to your timeline)?

The steps would be:

1. Sponsor approval
2. Request for Sched A, Police cert and medical
3. You send in all requested information
4. File transferred to VO for PA assessment (you should get told)
5. Wait, wait, wait
6. If no requests for additional information you might then see status changes on MyCIC like 'background check in progress
7. Copy Passport request (or not)
8. Advised 'Decision Made'
9. Receive CoPR in the mail

Gap between 3 and 4? Anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Have you had sponsor approval yet (not according to your timeline)?

The steps would be:

1. Sponsor approval
2. Request for Sched A, Police cert and medical
3. You send in all requested information
4. File transferred to VO for PA assessment (you should get told)
5. Wait, wait, wait
6. If no requests for additional information you might then see status changes on MyCIC like 'background check in progress
7. Copy Passport request (or not)
8. Advised 'Decision Made'
9. Receive CoPR in the mail

Gap between 3 and 4? Anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks.
No, I haven't had the Sponsor Approval yet. So I assume that adds extra weeks on top of 2-6 between steps 3/4.

I just hope I'm near to that final furlong.

Also thanks for all your work Hurlabrick!
Old Mar 21st 2018, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, I haven't had the Sponsor Approval yet. So I assume that adds extra weeks on top of 2-6 between steps 3/4.
Maybe not. If, when they make the SA decision, all PA dox are present, they could send it all on immediately.

But certainly the file won't leave Mississauga for the VO until:

1. All documentation for the PA's assessment has been received
2. Mississauga have made the Sponsor Approved decision (if you are Canadian and have sent all the required forms, that part is just a box ticking formality).

But if it all goes to London (likely), then get settled in for a couple / few months wait where nothing will happen!
Old Mar 21st 2018, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Maybe not. If, when they make the SA decision, all PA dox are present, they could send it all on immediately.

But certainly the file won't leave Mississauga for the VO until:

1. All documentation for the PA's assessment has been received
2. Mississauga have made the Sponsor Approved decision (if you are Canadian and have sent all the required forms, that part is just a box ticking formality).

But if it all goes to London (likely), then get settled in for a couple / few months wait where nothing will happen!
Prepare for worst, hope for the best gotcha.

How realistic do you think it would be for the CoPR to be with me before August this year?
Old Mar 21st 2018, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Prepare for worst, hope for the best gotcha.

How realistic do you think it would be for the CoPR to be with me before August this year?
I have done an analysis of timescales for 2017 so far split by visa exempt vs non-visa exempt (you are visa exempt). It shows a 'bell curve' of overall timeline from receipt to approval of 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 months with outliers both before and after these timeline. I have attached the jpg of the graph to this post.

So in theory, given you sent your application in at the end of October, receipt of CoPR by August is I would suggest 'possible' but I would not want to bank on it (perhaps 50 / 50). OTOH, the fact that you are not yet Sponsor Approved seems to me to point towards a 'less likely' outcome.

Best of luck!
Attached Thumbnails Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London-2017.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.