Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 20th 2018, 2:17 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
No sorry. The spreadsheet is for tracking applications that you would expect to be processed by the London Visa Office (so not inland as these go to Ottawa).
Okay thanks. Just thought I’d check anyway.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 9:30 am
Just Joined

JessLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I just wanted to send an update that our CIC account was updated on January 18th saying the decision was made and that the application was approved. Today we received the message to our account with the COPR letter.

Thank you for your help, we really appreciate it!
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JessLondon
Hello,

I just wanted to send an update that our CIC account was updated on January 18th saying the decision was made and that the application was approved. Today we received the message to our account with the COPR letter.

Thank you for your help, we really appreciate it!
Congratulations - really!

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 11:18 am
Just Joined

HockeyNightInCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a new line added to ECAS, sandwiched in between the previous 2:

2. We started processing your application on January 24, 2018.

Hopefully this is some Mississauga movement on our application. Fingers crossed for PPR/COPR soon, although not holding my breath as I might not be able to hold it that long!
Old Jan 25th 2018, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

HockeyNightInCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Pre-arrival services message just arrived in GCKey also accompanied by email to PA. Nice to see things finally moving.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HockeyNightInCanada
Just had a new line added to ECAS, sandwiched in between the previous 2:

2. We started processing your application on January 24, 2018.

Hopefully this is some Mississauga movement on our application. Fingers crossed for PPR/COPR soon, although not holding my breath as I might not be able to hold it that long!
Cheers. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Tototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond repute

Just re-read the request from CPC....

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family member”. This must be received at this office by: 2018/03/04
> Schedule A: You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM
5669) form which is found at the following link:

Do you read this as my wife has to provide a police certificate for all her family members? Or just fill in the IMM5669 form in regards to her family members? Has anyone ever had this request? We just got her police certificates back with an all clear...it's just a labour intensive process that we would rather not have to do for all her other family members if not necessary?
Old Jan 26th 2018, 2:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tototoro
Just re-read the request from CPC....

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family member”. This must be received at this office by: 2018/03/04
> Schedule A: You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM
5669) form which is found at the following link:

Do you read this as my wife has to provide a police certificate for all her family members? Or just fill in the IMM5669 form in regards to her family members? Has anyone ever had this request? We just got her police certificates back with an all clear...it's just a labour intensive process that we would rather not have to do for all her other family members if not necessary?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#appendixA

Look under the definition of family members..

Old Jan 26th 2018, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Tototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#appendixA

Look under the definition of family members..

Ah! I'm sorry! I got stressed and couldn't find it on the website! I guess I will have to sign up and get a check done this week! Thank you!

Or wait....would I have to get one done since I was already approved as a sponsor? Sorry, so many stupid questions from my end! Just so near the end makes me excited and nervous
Old Jan 26th 2018, 2:14 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tototoro
Ah! I'm sorry! I got stressed and couldn't find it on the website! I guess I will have to sign up and get a check done this week! Thank you!

Or wait....would I have to get one done since I was already approved as a sponsor? Sorry, so many stupid questions from my end! Just so near the end makes me excited and nervous
Don't worry, it's perfectly normal! -- and there's no such thing as a stupid question

You don't need one, as the sponsor.

Old Jan 26th 2018, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Don't worry, it's perfectly normal! -- and there's no such thing as a stupid question

You don't need one, as the sponsor.

Thank you so much for your help! So we just have to submit now!
Old Jan 26th 2018, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Brooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Have you seen the wiki article on MyCIC and how to link? Not a guarantee of success, but it worked for me after 22 failures!

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki

Spreadsheet updated.
Hi

Eventually got it to work, had to include my middle name..

Update - Also received confirmation of Sponsor Approval on 24th January, also medical request (booked for 12th Feb)
Old Jan 26th 2018, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brooks52
Hi

Eventually got it to work, had to include my middle name..

Update - Also received confirmation of Sponsor Approval on 24th January, also medical request (booked for 12th Feb)
Cheers. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 10:47 am
Just Joined

AIRD85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, Can anyone please help me. My daughter is a citizen by descent and we have sent off her application for citizenship. Can she fly to Canada on her UK passport before citizenship has been approved? Many Thanks Rachel
Old Jan 27th 2018, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AIRD85
Hello, Can anyone please help me. My daughter is a citizen by descent and we have sent off her application for citizenship. Can she fly to Canada on her UK passport before citizenship has been approved? Many Thanks Rachel
There is one answer to this and you are not gonna like it No.

1. Legally speaking she is a Canadian citizen by descent although has not been issued and formal document stating she is. The rules state all Canadian citizens flying into Canada must travel on a Canadian passport.

The problem arises when applying for the eTA where it asks about citizenship.
On part 2 (c) of the application for eTA the following question is asked

Indicate which countries/territories you are a citizen of

So knowing legally she is a dual citizen she would have to enter UK and Canada

At the end of the form is the consent and declaration box to be signed before submitting

There is the I declare that the information I have given in this application is truthful, complete and correct

There is also I understand that misrepresentation is an offence under section 127 of IRPA.

Now to avoid getting the proof of citizenship and then applying for a Canadian passport she could apply for ESTA and fly to the USA and then enter Canada by a private vehicle HOWEVER its not as simple as suggested.

Is she going to be staying in Canada permanently on arrival or going back to the UK?
If staying permanently then you run into other problems especially if on a one way ticket. Would the USA even let her into the country? If on a return ticket they might question her reason for visiting the USA especially if not stopping in the USA.

There are too many if and or buts.
You will decide how you choose to proceed.

Legally she is a Canadian citizen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.