Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 11th 2017, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

AIRD85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hello, medicals have been requested on the 8th December and they are booked to being done on the 19th December. My husband who is my sponsor also received an email from CIC on Friday 8th December saying he has been accepted as my sponsor
Old Dec 11th 2017, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AIRD85
Hello, medicals have been requested on the 8th December and they are booked to being done on the 19th December. My husband who is my sponsor also received an email from CIC on Friday 8th December saying he has been accepted as my sponsor
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Beardyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Please refer to the spreadsheet link in my signature line for others timelines. You will see that 5 / 6 weeks without hearing anything is not exceptional. You know they have your application, I am afraid it is a waiting game. Have you tried / succeeded to link your application on GCKEY / MyCIC?
Thanks I will just continue to wait and hope each day brings new. I didn't know I could link my account I might try though thank you.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

emmacuddy is an unknown quantity at this point

COPR was sent to us on November 17th! Thank you everyone for your help along the way - what an incredible resource!!
Old Dec 14th 2017, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmacuddy
COPR was sent to us on November 17th! Thank you everyone for your help along the way - what an incredible resource!!
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 5:30 am
Just Joined

FariRag is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FariRag
Hello, so glad I found this forum. I was panicking why its taking so long but after reading everyone's comment and case times I think my application is going pretty normal. You can add me to the 'spreadsheet' as well!

Application Received in Mississauga: March 22 2017
Approved as Sponsor: April 12, 2017
Medical request for Applicant in Lahore: April 21, 2017
Schedule A & Police Certificate requested: April 26, 2017
Medical completed in Lahore: April 27, 2017
Schedule A / Police Certificate issued to Mississauga office: May 11
Application forwarded to London Visa Office: May 29, 2017
Started 'Processing' Application: May 31, 2017

Now I am waiting... Haven't received any correspondence since May 29, 2017. Does anyone know when I should hear something based on anyone else's experience?
Hey guys! GREAT NEWS!!!!! and a quick exciting update

Additional information (Rukhsati photos) requested by London office: November 28, 2017
Decision made for acceptance: December 8, 2017
Requested passport for Visa (COPR) Passport sent from Lahore to Islamabad: December 18, 2017.

Total time was March 22 - Dec 8 for the whole process! - Thank you Britishexpats!

InshAllah she will soon come to CANADA!

Last edited by FariRag; Dec 18th 2017 at 5:37 am.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:17 am
Just Joined

MS2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - just an update on our application - I sent ours to Canada from London on 26 Oct 2017 - Just checked via online portal after my wife (Sponsor) received an email from CIC. Application was received on 30 Oct 2017 but was only reviewed on 14 Dec 2017 - I guess there is a backlog?
Anyway glad it's there and the clock has started..looking at the spreadsheet posted on timings looks like the average is roughly 7-8 months for a Sponsorship app from London - is that about accurate?
Old Dec 18th 2017, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FariRag
Hey guys! GREAT NEWS!!!!! and a quick exciting update

Additional information (Rukhsati photos) requested by London office: November 28, 2017
Decision made for acceptance: December 8, 2017
Requested passport for Visa (COPR) Passport sent from Lahore to Islamabad: December 18, 2017.

Total time was March 22 - Dec 8 for the whole process! - Thank you Britishexpats!

InshAllah she will soon come to CANADA!
Congratulations! Not a bad timescale either. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MS2017
Hi - just an update on our application - I sent ours to Canada from London on 26 Oct 2017 - Just checked via online portal after my wife (Sponsor) received an email from CIC. Application was received on 30 Oct 2017 but was only reviewed on 14 Dec 2017 - I guess there is a backlog?
Sort of. Its a permanent backlog, those timescales are pretty normal I am afraid!

..looking at the spreadsheet posted on timings looks like the average is roughly 7-8 months for a Sponsorship app from London - is that about accurate?
Yep, that's correct.

We don't have your details on the spreadsheet, is this something you would be willing to share and keep us updated on? If so, in addition to what you have told us, can you advise roughly where you live and whether it is married or common law?
Old Dec 18th 2017, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Sort of. Its a permanent backlog, those timescales are pretty normal I am afraid!

Yep, that's correct.

We don't have your details on the spreadsheet, is this something you would be willing to share and keep us updated on? If so, in addition to what you have told us, can you advise roughly where you live and whether it is married or common law?
Great! thanks for the quick response - i will wait patiently :-)
Old Dec 18th 2017, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Yep, that's correct.

Yes definitely can keep you updated. I live in SW London UK - and I am married to my wife who is Canadian and my sponsor - thanks!
Old Dec 18th 2017, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes definitely can keep you updated. I live in SW London UK - and I am married to my wife who is Canadian and my sponsor - thanks!
Thanks for participating. Added to spreadsheet.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

gruffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

@Hurlabrick

Just to give you an update.

My wife got sponsor approval, not sure of the date, but i will get back with it.

I undertook my medical and was also asked for the personal history form which i sent back last week.

Dr told me that i should have passed.

update on the signing in to the account, still no joy.

I will speak to her later to see what date she got approval and also to see which office is processing us? I had to send my form to mississaga?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gruffchris
@Hurlabrick

Just to give you an update.

My wife got sponsor approval, not sure of the date, but i will get back with it.

I undertook my medical and was also asked for the personal history form which i sent back last week.

Dr told me that i should have passed.

update on the signing in to the account, still no joy.

I will speak to her later to see what date she got approval and also to see which office is processing us? I had to send my form to mississaga?
Thanks, spreadsheet updated.

Under the 'new' system (Jan 2017 on), the forms you sent are the final forms they need for the PA, which are always sent to Mississauga. You won't be told the visa office on sponsor approval, it won't be until after they have actually received the forms and decided where to send them onto.
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

sunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond repute

COPR arrived in the post today (21st), we'll be popping over to the border after Christmas to flagpole and bring the waiting to an end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.