Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 13th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by louiseeg
and finally, i get my application approved an its on the way to LONDON...WHOOOP WHOOOP..hope its not long now, have been waiting long enough...
Hi Louiseeg.........glad to hear that there is finally some movement with your case......hope it all goes smoothly for you now.

Also hope you had a great time during your last visit to see your OH,.

Best wishes, Steveh
Old May 13th 2010, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by may_bettesworth
And so the waiting begins!

Sent app to Missisauga today!

Lets hope we hear soon!
Hi.......just wanted to say that I hope all goes well for you ...and that you don't have to wait too long for your visa.

Steveh
Old May 13th 2010, 10:42 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FStone
LandC and luckyjon,

For the applicant, did they live in any other countries? I am assuming what is taking so long is the background check.

My hubby is British and born in the UK and has lived in Australia for a year. He also lived in Canada for 5.5 months, so we didn't need to get a police cert for that, but I assume that they will still look into his time there. However, in the UK he has about 15 addresses since he was 18 (moving every year at Uni and travelling with his job, having to move frequently)! I hear they have to do a bg check on each and every address. Hopefully this is what is holding us up and should be in soon?

Are you guys similar to us???
You have nothing to worry about. Your timeline is pretty much the same as most peoples and i would have thought you should expect to hear back within the next month.

Like i said previously, mine took 3 months end to end and that was pretty fast.
Old May 13th 2010, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

thank you el_richo and Steveh, its just annoying i had to wait so long to be able to finish off and send it back - dam volcano. Oh well at least the canada part is now done...hopefully it wont be too long, i kinda feel it will be quick, but we shall see. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone else also. Lets hope all goes through quick.
Old May 13th 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

FStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really nice

Originally Posted by el_richo
You have nothing to worry about. Your timeline is pretty much the same as most peoples and i would have thought you should expect to hear back within the next month.

Like i said previously, mine took 3 months end to end and that was pretty fast.
Thanks el_richo, it is just really difficult as a lot of people have heard already, people that started processing in London after me! And they already sent their pp and have received them back! Just really frustrating. I am not a patient person!!!!

We also have OUR Canadian wedding reception booked for July 10th and REALLY want to send out invites but are afraid to in case we are still stuck.

Will try to keep waiting and not check the e-mail inbox every 30 minutes!!!
Old May 13th 2010, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Hi

We are also waiting for the sponsorship to be approved... we sent the forms to canada and they were recieved April 26th. We haven't heard anything and when we have gone onto the CIC website to track, our details aren't on there. How long has it been taking until you can track your application?

We are hoping to go to Canada in July... has anybody else travelled before being approved?

Thanks
Old May 13th 2010, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

P-O-B is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like lots of people on a similar timeline!

Our application timeline so far;
18 Mar: received in Missisauga
15 Apr: approval to sponsor
30 Apr: London started processing

Our case did not appear in ecas until after we receieved our letter stating that sponsorship had been approved (c. 15 Apr)

We're going on holiday to Vancouver on 11th August and would really love to be able to land on that trip. We wont be moving until later next year (jobs / houses etc). So if we dont get approved in time for the 11th we'll have to go over again later in the year to land (dont want to spend the extra £££ on that though!).
Old May 13th 2010, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Thats my plan too. We are having another ceremony and reception in canada in august and i was hoping to be landing there by that point...if not i guess it just means i can bring move over each time haha. But yeah the money is annoying.

Good luck with the application.
Old May 13th 2010, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Hi guys, so Mississauga got our application on the 23rd April and still no news, I'm so paranoid I forgot something. Blah! I guess wats123 is on a similar timeline. Hope you hear something soon. Congrats louiseeg too!
Old May 13th 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
Hi.......just wanted to say that I hope all goes well for you ...and that you don't have to wait too long for your visa.

Steveh
Thanks! I hope so too!!!
Should be pretty straight forward????
Old May 13th 2010, 7:47 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wats123

We are hoping to go to Canada in July... has anybody else travelled before being approved?

Thanks
Yes, this isn't an issue.
Old May 14th 2010, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by el_richo
Yes, this isn't an issue.
Thanks... fingers crossed things happen soon for everyone... and congrats to those that have been issued
Old May 18th 2010, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point

OK
Its been a week and i have already checked ECAS everyday!!
The obbession has started!

I hope its a quick process.

Been with my common law nearly 6 years, lived together for 5,have a child together!

Congrats to everyone who has had PPR
Old May 18th 2010, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

The application process is not quick and the E-Cas updates are even slower, it can takes weeks/months for them to update. For instance our application has been approved by Mississauga and has been passed to london, if my partner logs in it says spousal sponsorship is complete, but my permanent Residence status says unavailable. We contacted London a month ago to make sure it had been received we got a nice email back saying yes it had been received and they had started processing. The file number allows me to log in and see that it is "In Process" and they started to process it from the 26th Feb. 3 months and they haven't tied the 2 applications together.

I know how it feels to wait, but its best to find other things to keep yourself occupied otherwise you start to loose your marbles.

L and C
Old May 18th 2010, 11:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by LandC
The application process is not quick and the E-Cas updates are even slower, it can takes weeks/months for them to update. For instance our application has been approved by Mississauga and has been passed to london, if my partner logs in it says spousal sponsorship is complete, but my permanent Residence status says unavailable. We contacted London a month ago to make sure it had been received we got a nice email back saying yes it had been received and they had started processing. The file number allows me to log in and see that it is "In Process" and they started to process it from the 26th Feb. 3 months and they haven't tied the 2 applications together.

I know how it feels to wait, but its best to find other things to keep yourself occupied otherwise you start to loose your marbles.

L and C

I really don't understand your statement they haven't tied the 2 applications together. Sure they have, you can see your application, the sponsor can see his/her. You sent the sponsorship to Mississauga with the application, Mississauga approved, and forwarded the application to London, which is processing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.