British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-spousal-sponsorship-via-london-642032/)

weaver2008 Nov 24th 2009 7:55 pm

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hi,

Thought I would post the timeline for spousal sponsorship via London progress.

Just had the "decision made" status from Mississauga. No idea what decision so need to wait for the snail mail!

I was so exited to see something had changed and then realised that I would have to wait to find out whether its yay or ney :)

Application was received on the 4th of November 2009, Decision made on the 23rd November.

:fingerscrossed:Fingers crossed!:fingerscrossed:

John

bflava Nov 24th 2009 10:30 pm

re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

you need to write more, as decision made as in what??? application recd and was it send to London ,,,,, be specific. and good luck.. fingers n toes xxxx for you

bewillow Nov 25th 2009 12:51 am

Specifically the sponsorship decision is made in Mississagua and then the file is passed to London for a PR decision. You typically will get the sponsorship confirmation letter pretty quickly after the decision is made (ours took 6 days).

Where are you both physically located?

weaver2008 Nov 25th 2009 3:23 am

Thanks Guys,

Sorry it is decision made on the sponsership part of the application. There is no other details on the ECAS entry other than to say that they received the case in Mississauga on the 4th November and made decision and sent a letter on the 23rd. So no not sent to London yet. Or if it has then its only just gone there and is not showing as received.

We are both located in Cold Lake Canada at present where I have a years work permit.

Yeah six days for a letter to get from Ontario to Alberta sounds about right.

Will post the outcome once I know.

Cheers

John

MR79 Nov 25th 2009 11:50 am

hopefully not too long anything between a 2-8 months is the norm of 80% of cases, as long as it is a straight forward case you should hear in a few months, London office seem to working hard these days approving sponsorship cases pretty sharpish.....

good luck and keep us informed.

weaver2008 Dec 1st 2009 1:53 pm

Letter arrived from CIC to say that sponsorship approved... the easy bit. Forms were completed according to requirements and have been forwarded to London.

Stage two begins.

Quick question. Do we log in to check on CIC now as the sponsor (my wife) or do I logon as myself with my details to check to see the status of the PR part of the application?

Anyway good news :D

bewillow Dec 1st 2009 2:40 pm

Initially you can log into ecas using either the payment receipt number or the sponsorship case number. For both of these you use the sponsors's name and details.

Once they start processing the PR application itself, and if you get a Pr applicant file number, then you can log in using that also.

MR79 Dec 1st 2009 3:00 pm

use the reference number and login under either name and details,it doesnt really matter if you use yours or your wife's details.make sure you select England as country and use correct reference number.

weaver2008 Dec 1st 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks for the info :)

Stew681 Dec 1st 2009 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by weaver2008 (Post 8138636)
Letter arrived from CIC to say that sponsorship approved... the easy bit. Forms were completed according to requirements and have been forwarded to London.

Stage two begins.

Quick question. Do we log in to check on CIC now as the sponsor (my wife) or do I logon as myself with my details to check to see the status of the PR part of the application?

Anyway good news :D

Were in the same situation as you guys now but a few weeks in front, i'll post on here when we get the passport request so you have a rough idea of the timeline etc.

Were heading to Scotland for almost 4 weeks starting on 15th December so no doubt we'll have to take a trip down to London with my passport whilst were there, a lot more expensive for us but it's the fastest way if were over there anyway!!

Cheers,

Stew.

weaver2008 Dec 1st 2009 5:33 pm

That would be great Stew. Hopefully you get some news while you are in Scotland! Kill two birds with one Stone. But yeah expensive trip to London especially if you take the train. But then who wants to drive the length of the M1. Its about 200 ish for a return on Virgin trains unless you book ahead if I remember right.

Have a good Christmas and let me know for sure.

Cheers

John

Stew681 Dec 1st 2009 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by weaver2008 (Post 8139113)
That would be great Stew. Hopefully you get some news while you are in Scotland! Kill two birds with one Stone. But yeah expensive trip to London especially if you take the train. But then who wants to drive the length of the M1. Its about 200 ish for a return on Virgin trains unless you book ahead if I remember right.

Have a good Christmas and let me know for sure.

Cheers

John

Yeah we'll be taking the train John, but I didn't realize it was that expensive.. What a joke! Oh well like you say it beats driving down the M1.. Lol..

Will keep you posted.

Cheers.

P.s- Have a good Christmas!

weaver2008 Dec 1st 2009 6:58 pm

Best thing with trains is to book at set time ahead of time and that cuts costs in half. I used to have to do a commute between Coventry and Milton Keynes for three years!!!! So yeah trains suck ;)

You need to know a week ahead to get the best prices. On the day fares are really expensive.

Cheers

John

Stew681 Jan 14th 2010 12:52 pm

Hi John,

I finally received my passport request via email today. Just over 8 weeks in total from when I was approved to be sponsored, so a bit longer than we were expecting but it would have been delayed during Christmas and New year though.

I'll probably get it sent off tomorrow so hopefully within the next 6 weeks I'll be a permanent resident and start working again. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Stew.

weaver2008 Jan 14th 2010 1:33 pm

Hey Stew thats fantastic news!!!! Congratulations :)

London said they started processing on the 16th of December and its currently showing as "In Progress" which I guess is the default.

Fingers crossed that we get as fast turnaround as you!

Once again Congrats!