Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Glam
Got my 120 day email today....not bad under 2 months from receipt of application.

Better get my finger out now !!!

By the looks of the letter they're looking for the same info that was sent in the original application + photo's

Can anyone shed some light on this

Gav.
Congratulations! Now the real work begins.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kateodonnell
Forms given to London on the 11th by Hand, returned on Saturday , with a query over the fee we paid so off again today!!! DO they not know how to send emails to ask questions, why do they feel the need to return every flipping bit of paper !! its so frustrating ....
Kate

I assume you paid your fee to the CIO in NS? Why is London querying the fee? Did you include a copy of the 120 day email with your package to London?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glam
Got my 120 day email today....not bad under 2 months from receipt of application.

Better get my finger out now !!!

By the looks of the letter they're looking for the same info that was sent in the original application + photo's

Can anyone shed some light on this

Gav.
Hi Gav
Yep you need to send a full copy of the application you sent to NS plus all your supporting documents & photos and your police checks . All the best.
regards
Joinerboy
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin99
Kate

I assume you paid your fee to the CIO in NS? Why is London querying the fee? Did you include a copy of the 120 day email with your package to London?
I assume Kate could mean the Landing fee , which doesn't have to be sent to NS which your initial application.
regards
Joinerboy
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joinerboy
I assume Kate could mean the Landing fee , which doesn't have to be sent to NS which your initial application.
regards
Joinerboy
When does the landing fee usually get paid?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
martin
You can either
1. send it NS
2. Send with your 120 day letter supporting doc's
3. Or wait until CHC request it ( will be requested with med request )
hope this helps
regards
Joinerboy
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was requested after medical requests - see timeline.

Poppit
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Poppit and Joinerboy. I thought I had missed a step for a moment!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

We paid everything up front.

As part of the 120 day package I photocopied the receipt we had from NS and sent it in. Now with the meds there is another request - therefore another photocopy and send it in again.

The 120 day package is as other people say - all the forms again. I had to tweak a few things from the original and wrote a letter to explain the slight changes.

Another letter I wrote regarding proof of language and also another for funds - showing working out with what we have and mortgage - funds when we sell. This didn't have to be done but I thought that I would be a bit more thorough. Seems to have worked ok.

Remember when it comes to the birth certs that they want the long ones.

JET
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JET747
We paid everything up front.

As part of the 120 day package I photocopied the receipt we had from NS and sent it in. Now with the meds there is another request - therefore another photocopy and send it in again.

The 120 day package is as other people say - all the forms again. I had to tweak a few things from the original and wrote a letter to explain the slight changes.

Another letter I wrote regarding proof of language and also another for funds - showing working out with what we have and mortgage - funds when we sell. This didn't have to be done but I thought that I would be a bit more thorough. Seems to have worked ok.

Remember when it comes to the birth certs that they want the long ones.

JET
Thanks

I did not receive a receipt from CIO in NS but they certainly cashed my draft. I assume that London will know that I have paid by seeing a copy of the 120 day email?

Cheers
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Our receipt was in the 120 day letter.

Maybe this is because we sent the whole lot ?

JET
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I received a receipt from Sydney & also confirmation of payment in my 120 day letter. I did also photo copy all bankers drafts sent.
Did you photo copy the draft if so you could pop this copy or if you don't have copy may be a comfirmation of payment letter from your bank?
Hope this helps
regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Aug 25th 2009 at 7:26 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I received a receipt from Sydney & also confirmation of payment in my 120 day letter. I did also photo copy all bankers drafts sent.
Did you photo copy the draft if so you could pop this copy or if you don't have copy may be a comfirmation of payment letter from your bank?
Hope this helps
regards
Joinerboy
Thanks. I do have evidence from my bank that the draft was cashed if they challenge me on it. Amazing how differently they handle the same matters!

Cheers
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Martin
I'm sure your payment will have been recorded by CHC so you should have no worries, I know what you mean about variations in processing individual applications but lets hope we get a good result in the end.
All the best
regards
Joinerboy
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Martin
I'm sure your payment will have been recorded by CHC so you should have no worries, I know what you mean about variations in processing individual applications but lets hope we get a good result in the end.
All the best
regards
Joinerboy
Thanks. I will keep you informed of my progress via this thread. There are a few of us at the same stage on this forum. It will be interesting to see how we all fare!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.