Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

I am early June and not heard a thing
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Thanks, Gaynor. Have they cashed your draft?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin99
Thanks, Gaynor. Have they cashed your draft?
Havent checked that one - if we dont hear by this weekend then we will check it out next monday for sure.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by burton bunch
We are June 14th and they cashed bankers draft 17th July. Still not heard anything!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:10 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our full application left for CHC today! Now the nail biting seriously begins!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:23 am
Just Joined

J2FCM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope it gets through the 3-day mail strike, and the subsequent backlog (they are not paying overtime anymore to catch up after a strike!) Over 75% of inland mail used to go through London hubs. Don't know what the percentage is now though!?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
We are June 14th and they cashed bankers draft 17th July. Still not heard anything!
Mine was cashed around the same time. Do you know if that means anything other than that they have received the application? Do they cash those applications which they intend to reject as well? Maybe, I am being optimistic?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:28 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Mine was cashed around the same time. Do you know if that means anything other than that they have received the application? Do they cash those applications which they intend to reject as well? Maybe, I am being optimistic?

The first that is done is the package is opened, the payment is processed, before anything else.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The first that is done is the package is opened, the payment is processed, before anything else.
Thanks.

So if they reject you then they must send a fresh cheque/draft back rather than returning the original?
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours was received on May 14th and we havent heard!!! Although they have cashed the draft which is an improvement on our February application !!! The one that disappeared at Sydney!!!!

Our forms have are all ready just for the next stage as soon as we get this back.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samjr400
Ours was received on May 14th and we havent heard!!! Although they have cashed the draft which is an improvement on our February application !!! The one that disappeared at Sydney!!!!

Our forms have are all ready just for the next stage as soon as we get this back.
Things have really slowed down in Sydney. Must be the holidays!!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

shishinfo is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be grateful to hear of others' actual experience of the timeline between making an application to the CIO in Sydney, NS and receiving the email acknowledgement. I have followed previous posts and the Trackitt information but there does not yet appear to be much precedent information to assess the efficiency of the new system.

My own FSW application pack was received by the CIO on 17 June, 2009. As yet, I have heard nothing. It would be good to hear how other people are doing with applications submitted in say May and June this year.

Cheers

Martin
I sent my application by Parcel Force to CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia on 16th June. I tracked on the Parcel Force website and discovered that they received it on 22nd June. This is 9th August - 6 weeks have already elapsed since they received it, still no 'acknowledgement' from their side. I will wait till the end of 8th week and if I do not hear till then, I will call them up!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shishinfo
I sent my application by Parcel Force to CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia on 16th June. I tracked on the Parcel Force website and discovered that they received it on 22nd June. This is 9th August - 6 weeks have already elapsed since they received it, still no 'acknowledgement' from their side. I will wait till the end of 8th week and if I do not hear till then, I will call them up!
I also used Parcel Force and tracked the delivery. I suspect that the issue is simply that they are receiving more applications. Others on this site appear not to have heard even though their applications were received in May so I think we simply have to wait I know how hard that is!!!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

I would be grateful to hear of others' actual experience of the timeline between making an application to the CIO in Sydney, NS and receiving the email acknowledgement. I have followed previous posts and the Trackitt information but there does not yet appear to be much precedent information to assess the efficiency of the new system.

My own FSW application pack was received by the CIO on 17 June, 2009. As yet, I have heard nothing. It would be good to hear how other people are doing with applications submitted in say May and June this year.

Cheers

Martin
Same, they received it on the 26th June. Not heard anything yet.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Received my 120-day email today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.