Stupid

Old Feb 13th 2016, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Swampy46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stupid

I am a welder from uk.I came to Alberta for a job.got into six days on the two year contract and got laid off with 8other brits.I stayed here as I was here for 16months In 2013-2014.my permit says that company I worked for unless I can find a job what has an lmio.I am screwed I would work anywhere in Canada doing any job.but cannot find anything at all.now I am running out of funds and don't want to go back to uk.any help or advice would be great thank you
Old Feb 13th 2016, 10:12 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid

Originally Posted by Swampy46
I am a welder from uk.I came to Alberta for a job.got into six days on the two year contract and got laid off with 8other brits.I stayed here as I was here for 16months In 2013-2014.my permit says that company I worked for unless I can find a job what has an lmio.I am screwed I would work anywhere in Canada doing any job.but cannot find anything at all.now I am running out of funds and don't want to go back to uk.any help or advice would be great thank you
The pretty much answered your question did it not? Unless your circumstances have changed since, the position is the same.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...welder-871879/

Good luck. Unfortunately LMIA approvals are hard to get these days in some trades, not to mention expensive.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

I know mate I would be willing to pay the company back the $1000 bucks for the lmio myself
Old Feb 13th 2016, 10:40 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I know mate I would be willing to pay the company back the $1000 bucks for the lmio myself
They cannot accept it even if you were willing to pay it. The bigger issue is showing ESDC they are unable to find a Canadian or PR willing and able to do the job.

IMO your best bet is putting energies into finding a way to apply for PR.
LMIA is always a hope, but maybe distant one these days, don't spend time on that alone, then find you missed the boat for PR. Also look at PNP for some provinces.

You say in your first post you were into a contract. If it was a contract, offered and accepted, you may want to consult an employment lawyer on this. If it were me, I would go and see one anyway, nothing ventured and all that.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

I get an pnp once my Redseal comes though I passed Redseal few weeks ago.does that give me an open permit or what to do next with that?
Old Feb 13th 2016, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I get an pnp once my Redseal comes though I passed Redseal few weeks ago.does that give me an open permit or what to do next with that?
If you have a PNP nomination/support letter then you can be issued with a work permit otherwise its the LMIA route. How many Canadian welders do you think have lost jobs and are now competing for work?
Have you applied for PNP yet?
Old Feb 13th 2016, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

No I was told by other uk welders here once you pass your Redseal you get a pnp from Alberta.I am waiting for mine to come though in next few weeks.does that mean I would get an open permit to work any job etc?
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

No I was told by other uk welders here once you pass your Redseal you get a pnp from Alberta.I am waiting for mine to come though in next few weeks.does that mean I would get an open permit to work any job etc?
That will depend on the PNP as they can either draft a letter for an open work permit (any employer) or employer specific. It will also depend on what stream you apply under.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

I got you many thanks soon as it is though I will message you.all I know is once you completed Redseal aberta send you a nomination to apply for pr for free a sponsorship from them
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I got you many thanks soon as it is though I will message you.all I know is once you completed Redseal aberta send you a nomination to apply for pr for free a sponsorship from them
Do you mean AIT? If so, then you could apply under the PNP once you've got that, although the processing time just to get nomination (at which point you can apply for a work permit) is very long, at least six months (it was over 18 months not long ago).

So you'll still either need another route to a work permit, or to return to the UK in the interim.

HTH.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Spoke to an immigration lawyer last week and he said if I had an lmio my express entry would give me the 600 points I need.but just looked up the pnp that gives me the 600 points plus can speak and read English lol.got red seal and work here before for over a year I have the points for that.that lawyer must of known this and wanted me to do study/work permit route.but this way is great just hope I get an open permit as I was laid off too.express says it takes up to six months.Thanks buddy that's help me a lot I was ready to throw towel in
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

express says it takes up to six months.
It does, yes, although that's only the second stage of the application and getting the nomination can take far longer. As I said above, recent processing times were 18 months just for nomination, and although I can't check current times (stupid PNP website keeps crashing!) it'll be at least six months. Hopefully times have reduced and it won't take as long as before, fingers crossed.

Good luck.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks buddy just hope they can give me an open permit once I put express in as I cannot work again thanks for opening my eyes to that route
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:54 pm

You have to apply for this, its not a case of you get a trade qualification and 'Alberta' send you a PNP. BTW you don't get a red seal, you get a provincial trade qualification, some of which are Red Seal endorsed. Welding is, and would be an inter-provincial trade qualification.

You have your trade qualification and then you can apply for AINP. If your AINP application is accepted and you get a nomination, then you can get the work permit. You don't apply and get a work permit simply by applying.

It would seem you are some months away from getting a work permit on the back of the AINP.

Last edited by Aviator; Feb 13th 2016 at 11:58 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

I will ring ait up Tuesday buddy thanks so much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.