Study Permit

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 7:06 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Study Permit

Hi wondering if anyone has any information that may help us. My daughter has a place at university starting September and applied for a study permit online back in March - she's heard nothing back and status online hasn't changed. She has filled out the web form 3 weeks ago and still nothing - any ideas what to do next?? She is a uk passport holder and has lived in Dubai for last 14 years. Can't speak to anyone at Embassies here and they don't reply to emails. Many thanks for any advice anyone may have
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study Permit

Im assuming you are following these instructions

To apply for a study permit on or after June 1, 2014, you will need a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution. You need to include the Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #), which is the number that begins with the letter “O”, on your application form.
Designated learning institutions list

Processing times from the United Arab Emirates is 7 weeks.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 9:42 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im assuming you are following these instructions

To apply for a study permit on or after June 1, 2014, you will need a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution. You need to include the Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #), which is the number that begins with the letter “O”, on your application form.
Designated learning institutions list

Processing times from the United Arab Emirates is 7 weeks.
Yes we did all that it's now been 13 weeks since we submitted, 3 weeks since we raised an online query and nothing. Main problem is there is nobody to contact who seems to be able to assist! Is the online web form the only way? I presume they don't just sit on applications until right before its needed?
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Astrotex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Not really going to be a lot of help here other than to agree that this seems odd. My wife applied online on the 12th of June and she has received her letter of introduction today, less than two weeks later.

When she was preparing her application she also tried to find a number to call but wasn't able to.

Sorry
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 8:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Did she use this web form? IRCC Web form <- this one is for case specific enquiries.

If she chooses 'outside Canada' then she should be able to send a case specific enquiry to whichever office she submitted her application to. It might be useful to upload copies of her application and supporting documents with the CSE as well.

She 'should' receive an auto response within 48 hours to show they have received it.

Sorry I can't offer any other suggestions.

Old Jun 23rd 2017, 2:47 pm
Its all good

Hi Siouxie thanks we did send that web form 3 weeks ago but now on looking at it it asks "is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada" - if we answer yes it gives option for Abu Dhabi, UAE - should we choose this option even though we applied online and didn't use VFS? Many thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 4:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Hi Siouxie thanks we did send that web form 3 weeks ago but now on looking at it it asks "is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada" - if we answer yes it gives option for Abu Dhabi, UAE - should we choose this option even though we applied online and didn't use VFS? Many thanks
Umm good question! I've just checked the processing time for UAE residents and it's showing 7 weeks, far longer than you have been waiting. I would be inclined to try sending one as 'outside' and see if you get a response.

I'm presuming that she has checked for messages on her MyCIC account?

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Old Jun 23rd 2017, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Your application for a study permit is processed outside of Canada unless it is an in Canada extension which yours was not.

Applying online doesn't mean applying inside of Canada.

Your app could have been sent to any Visa Office outside Canada but the most likely places are Abu Dhabi or London at a guess.

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 23rd 2017 at 8:21 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 5:53 pm
Its all good

Just in case anyone else is in same position I thought I'd update - sent another web form and emails - nothing - we were now 15 weeks since applying so I on Wednesday decided to send s letter to UAE Canadian embassy via FedEx and today got update online it was approved - still no email yet but a step in the right direction! Whether a coincidence or not but hey it worked!!
Old Aug 6th 2017, 4:50 pm
Its all good

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Just in case anyone else is in same position I thought I'd update - sent another web form and emails - nothing - we were now 15 weeks since applying so I on Wednesday decided to send s letter to UAE Canadian embassy via FedEx and today got update online it was approved - still no email yet but a step in the right direction! Whether a coincidence or not but hey it worked!!
Further update now 2 weeks to travel and still no email - previous personal ETA now been canx and still no correspondence!!! can't believe how ridiculous this is - so got an approved study permit but no ETA and no POE - no way to speak to anyone about what must be an admin error 😡