Struggling!

Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

stephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nice
Default Struggling!

I was wanting a few opinions about what I should do!
We dont qualify for PR on the Skilled Worker route so have been trying to get a job offer but again we are clearly wasting our time as we have been following all the rules on wiki for getting work and after what seems a lifetime still no luck! ( Its been 6 months now of trying and either no reply or complete knockback )
However we do qualify to get into Quebec....Its the only part of Canada we have never been too and to top it off our French is limited! But is it a means to an end?
We are so very frustrated now as we are both well educated, and I have a skilled job on the NOC/B list....Seem to be getting nowhere!!! And time is ticking away...
We dont want to give up but it seems we might have too! So is Quebec an option?
Stephen
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:42 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Struggling!

Sorry to hear you're struggling. I'm afraid I can't comment on Quebec but I just wanted to point out that we have our PR and have found it impossible to get a job whilst still in the UK. My OH is going out on his own for a short time to throw himself at recruiters/companies....maybe you could try that? Just a thought....
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:43 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephen19733
We dont qualify for PR on the Skilled Worker route so have been trying to get a job offer but again we are clearly wasting our time as we have been following all the rules on wiki for getting work and after what seems a lifetime still no luck! ( Its been 6 months now of trying and either no reply or complete knockback )
However we do qualify to get into Quebec....Its the only part of Canada we have never been too and to top it off our French is limited! But is it a means to an end?
We are so very frustrated now as we are both well educated, and I have a skilled job on the NOC/B list....Seem to be getting nowhere!!! And time is ticking away...
Stephen
What do you do and where do you want to move to in Canada?
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

stephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nicestephen19733 is just really nice

I am an Administration Officer and have worked for UK government for 13 years so looking for this line of work....(Noc 1221/1211B Administration Officer/Administration Support)

and we ideally would like to live in Saskatchewan, but to be honest we are familiar with all of the West side of the country and also in Newfoundland so would settle anywhere! We are just no good at speaking French...

The problem with flying out there to get work is that we have a baby and also as money is tight the more times we fly out the more it is eating into our funds for the whole experience! However it is an option but not a desirable one.

Stephen
Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:16 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

I understand.....

I have to say our budget isn't great (was better but the exchange rate put paid to that!) but we got a round trip ticket with Canadian Affair for Ā£380 and my OH is staying at the cheapest decent B&B he can find. However, I know when you have kiddies in tow and a budget to go with that it's not easy. I just wish you all the best....apparently networking is the key. Are you on LinkedIn?
Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:47 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I am an Administration Officer and have worked for UK government for 13 years so looking for this line of work....(Noc 1221/1211B Administration Officer/Administration Support)

and we ideally would like to live in Saskatchewan, but to be honest we are familiar with all of the West side of the country and also in Newfoundland so would settle anywhere! We are just no good at speaking French...

The problem with flying out there to get work is that we have a baby and also as money is tight the more times we fly out the more it is eating into our funds for the whole experience! However it is an option but not a desirable one.

Stephen
Hmm - what does/did your Wife do?
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't Saskatchewan have a Community Identified type process? I don't know how their one might work, but it might be worth looking into? SINP would be the abbreviation for googling....
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by izzi81
Doesn't Saskatchewan have a Community Identified type process? I don't know how their one might work, but it might be worth looking into? SINP would be the abbreviation for googling....
No they don't - only Manitoba and NS offer this kind of stream. Which is a real shame!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Hmm unsure what you mean about community identified stream? We would consider settling in Manitoba.... Could you explain this as it may have passed me by!!

My partner works in mental health but isnt a registered nurse...Her official title is Nursing support which is the equivalent to an auxillary nurse so its not on the list..

And yeah on linkedin....Networking is still hard when you are in UK...Its annoying as we have family over in Alberta but they are cousins and very old!!! And my cousins were born in St John's but are now in USA!!!!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 5:55 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

We are just no good at speaking French...
No good at speaking French YET...

Attitude goes a long way towards making things happen Even the thickest French person is able to speak French, how hard can it be if you really work at it.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 5:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/br...immigrate/pnp/ for Manitoba and http://novascotiaimmigration.com/nov...ominee-program Nova Scotia.

Old Mar 8th 2011, 11:36 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm unsure what you mean about community identified stream? We would consider settling in Manitoba.... Could you explain this as it may have passed me by!!

My partner works in mental health but isnt a registered nurse...Her official title is Nursing support which is the equivalent to an auxillary nurse so its not on the list..

And yeah on linkedin....Networking is still hard when you are in UK...Its annoying as we have family over in Alberta but they are cousins and very old!!! And my cousins were born in St John's but are now in USA!!!!
My old job is going, running a day program for adults with disabilities...they can't anyone to do over here!! On going problem!!! They did say they would apply for an LMO for me if i wanted but i don't as we are coming home but if your wife has some experience of that line of work she may be able to get the LMO. We are in Alberta near Calgary, PM me if you want the details
Good luck with your search
Old Mar 8th 2011, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

Stephen
Erm I thought there were no border controls inside of Canada?

Why not save an extra three months worth of funds and immigrate to Quebec and if you can't find work after say 3 months move somewhere else?

They can hardly put you in jail if you couldn't find work after three months and had to go somewhere else. Happens all the time.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@stephen ..if you look up the MB PNP, you have to look at the strategic stream, which is the one very similar to the NS community identified stream. Not saying you wouldn't find a job, but your wife might have the better chances with her job being in demand. look up www.jobbank.gc.ca MB and check for options for a start.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:01 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Stephen
How do you qualify to get into Quebec if you can't speak French?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.