Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Stevieboyblue's question about study permit/OWP

Stevieboyblue's question about study permit/OWP

Old Jul 21st 2015, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

stevieboyblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stevieboyblue's question about study permit/OWP

Originally Posted by Roberto1980
So continuing on our rollercoaster of emotions & questions..

Since there has recently been discussion on another thread about the difficulties in securing a job from the UK.

I'm wondering if there are people on here who have went through with emigrating (whichever method they managed to get over with) without having a job lined up?

What were your plans? Use your savings to pay cover the rent and take any job until you secured your chosen career?
Were/are you a skilled worker in the UK but now find yourself on a completely new career path?

How did it work out? Have you made a success of it or came back to the UK resigned in the knowledge that 'at least we gave it a shot'?
Hi , We have just about completed our open working permit visa within canada through BMG Beazolot migration , Just waiting on my wife to be accepted onto a college course she is applying for , i am sure BMG are trying to deal with this but like one of the other members mentioned earlier they do seem to be taking there time and it is costing a bit of money , so anyway i will be going to toronto on fri 24/07 15 as my son is already there having received an offer of acceptance from his performing arts school near toronto so he seems to be sorted , my stepdaughter will be leaving new york to come to canada to sit the equal to the new york bar exam so she will be sorted , my idea to relocate to canada and its just me that is not sorted yet , something wrong with this picture ?? stevie allan , glasgow

Last edited by stevieboyblue; Jul 21st 2015 at 1:57 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 21st 2015, 1:58 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada, without a job lined up.. Success stories... Or not...

Originally Posted by stevieboyblue
Hi , We have just about completed our open working permit visa within canada through BMG Beazolot migration , Just waiting on my wife to be accepted onto a college course she is applying for , i am sure BMG are trying to deal with this but like one of the other members mentioned earlier they do seem to be taking there time and it is costing a bit of money , so anyway i will be going to toronto on fri 24/07 15 as my son is already there having received an offer of acceptance from his performing arts school near toronto so he seems to be sorted , my stepdaughter will be leaving new york to come to canada to sit the equal to the new york bar exam so she will be sorted , my idea to relocate to canada and its just me that is not sorted yet , something wrong with thois picture ?? stevie allan , glasgow

You are better off starting your own thread, the one you have responded to really has nothing to do with your situation. Go to the Immigration part of the board, click "New Thread" in the top left, and post your question there.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 2:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada, without a job lined up.. Success stories... Or not...

Hi , We have just about completed our open working permit visa within canada through BMG Beazolot migration , Just waiting on my wife to be accepted onto a college course she is applying for , i am sure BMG are trying to deal with this but like one of the other members mentioned earlier they do seem to be taking there time and it is costing a bit of money , so anyway i will be going to toronto on fri 24/07 15 as my son is already there having received an offer of acceptance from his performing arts school near toronto so he seems to be sorted , my stepdaughter will be leaving new york to come to canada to sit the equal to the new york bar exam so she will be sorted , my idea to relocate to canada and its just me that is not sorted yet , something wrong with this picture ?? stevie allan , glasgow
Hi, and welcome to BE.

I'm confused, how have you applied for an open work permit if your wife hasn't been accepted on to a college course yet?

I'm not sure why you're using a consultant tbh if it's just for a study permit and open work permit, or have I misunderstood what you're applying for?

I'll move your post in to your own thread now, please do always start your own threads - if you could read the 'Newbies' sticky thread (link in my signature, or on the main page of the forum), that would be great.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

stevieboyblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stevieboyblue's question about study permit/OWP

Hi guys , appologies again , as i explained computer jargin and me dont really go , give me something to build and theres no problem , give me technical computer stuff and well there you have it i rest my case , better i get my mrs to do this stuff , i will get back in touch when she explains what is what ok folks , sorry again
Old Jul 21st 2015, 5:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stevieboyblue's question about study permit/OWP

Hi guys , appologies again , as i explained computer jargin and me dont really go , give me something to build and theres no problem , give me technical computer stuff and well there you have it i rest my case , better i get my mrs to do this stuff , i will get back in touch when she explains what is what ok folks , sorry again
No problem at all. Just for future ref, if you have a question then click on the 'new thread' button at the top of the relevant forum (the Canada section for general life in Canada stuff, the immigration section for anything visa related).

Do come back once you've spoken to your wife, as what you've said so far doesn't make a lot of sense ref: visas! You can't apply for a study permit until you've been accepted on to a college/uni course, and the spouse of a study permit holder can't get an open work permit until the spouse gets their study permit - it doesn't sound as though your wife has got a study permit yet, so you can't be applying for anything now.

Plus both of those visas can just be obtained at the airport when you arrive in Canada with no form filling required at all, so you wouldn't have needed an immigration consultant for that.

And you say you're going to Toronto on Friday, but on what visa? Just as a visitor?

Hopefully your wife can clarify.