Spouse Sponsor or PR Application

Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Beardyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Sponsor or PR Application

Hello all!

I am just asking for advice, so thank you for reading in advance and any and all information is welcome and appreciated.

Background about me: I live and work in London with my fiance. My fiance is Canadian and is here on those youth visa things to the U.K. However we decided we could no longer keep up with London costs and decided to move to Canada. Her visa expires in June '18 where she will have to return to Calgary. We have been together for the last 4 years.

Now I have began the process in applying for PR application. So I have taken the IELTS test and got my results. So next steps are sorting out my WES, booking a medical etc etc getting everything in order then applying and having everything ready.

Now my question is what would be best for us? Should I continue with the PR Application or would it be faster and easier to do a Spouse Sponsorship that way?

Please any and all help is so appreciated. Generally looking for advice, tips and any guidance or experience you may have.

Thanks for your time!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 12:34 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Sponsor or PR Application

Hi

Originally Posted by Beardyman
Hello all!

I am just asking for advice, so thank you for reading in advance and any and all information is welcome and appreciated.

Background about me: I live and work in London with my fiance. My fiance is Canadian and is here on those youth visa things to the U.K. However we decided we could no longer keep up with London costs and decided to move to Canada. Her visa expires in June '18 where she will have to return to Calgary. We have been together for the last 4 years.

Now I have began the process in applying for PR application. So I have taken the IELTS test and got my results. So next steps are sorting out my WES, booking a medical etc etc getting everything in order then applying and having everything ready.

Now my question is what would be best for us? Should I continue with the PR Application or would it be faster and easier to do a Spouse Sponsorship that way?

Please any and all help is so appreciated. Generally looking for advice, tips and any guidance or experience you may have.

Thanks for your time!
1. If you can prove that you have been in a Common/law relationship for 1 year, then spousal is the only way to go.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

We have been together for the last 4 years.

Have you lived together for 12 months continuously anywhere in the world?

If so, drop your education assessment, english testing, work history, etc, which all take time and money, and fill in a common law application, which only requires proof that (1) you've lived together for over a year and (2) you're in a serious relationship.

Instead of all the tests and assessments you need for Federal Skilled Worker which it looks like you're considering as the alternative, you'll cut it all down to the medical exam, which you need anyway for either route.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 2:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid

If so, drop your education assessment, english testing, work history, etc, which all take time and money, and fill in a common law application, which only requires proof that (1) you've lived together for over a year and (2) you're in a serious relationship.

Instead of all the tests and assessments you need for Federal Skilled Worker which it looks like you're considering as the alternative, you'll cut it all down to the medical exam, which you need anyway for either route.

+1
Old Jun 11th 2017, 5:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

+2!
Old Jun 12th 2017, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid

Great post thank you for your detailed response.

We are currently living together and have been for last year so that's perfect and we have kept documentation of us being together since 2014 and recently got engaged (when we were in Calgary actually whilst visiting her mother for her 50th two weeks ago now).

So there's no real other option considering all the money EE would take and can simply reduce it to a medical exam.

Thank you again I had no idea, now to just work out the logistics of applying from England and formatting all the proof required.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 3:56 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You'll find these 2 wiki links invaluable

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki <--- this one goes through each form

Old Jun 12th 2017, 2:34 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

+3 or 4 or however many we are up to for applying Spousal. It's super straight forward, and if you get your application in STAT then you'll have your PR before your OH has to move back to Calgary next June. London averages about 8 months to process applications, so you certainly have the time if you get your app in now! (You can get it together within a few weeks.)

Use the links that Siouxie provided you, they go through the whole application form by form.

Keep us updated, best of luck!
Old Jun 25th 2017, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You'll find these 2 wiki links invaluable

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki <--- this one goes through each form

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
+3 or 4 or however many we are up to for applying Spousal. It's super straight forward, and if you get your application in STAT then you'll have your PR before your OH has to move back to Calgary next June. London averages about 8 months to process applications, so you certainly have the time if you get your app in now! (You can get it together within a few weeks.)

Use the links that Siouxie provided you, they go through the whole application form by form.

Keep us updated, best of luck!
Thank you so much for all the information and all the help.

We are actually starting the application today.

I have been looking in to it and I have been wondering about Police checks do I need one for every one in my family even if they are not coming? Or Just my fiance and myself?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

I have been looking in to it and I have been wondering about Police checks do I need one for every one in my family even if they are not coming? Or Just my fiance and myself?
You do not send police certs in with your application, you wait until they ask for them.

Yes, for the Principal Applicant and their family members - to be specific, see here:

Guide 5525 – Basic guide: Sponsor your spouse, partner or child
Old Jun 25th 2017, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
You do not send police certs in with your application, you wait until they ask for them.

Yes, for the Principal Applicant and their family members - to be specific, see here:

Guide 5525 – Basic guide: Sponsor your spouse, partner or child
Thank you for the info. All this help is brilliant I couldn't thank you or everyone else enough.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 4:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Use teh FAQ linked in my signature as you go through the application. It's broken down by form, so have it open alongside your app and it'll help you immensely.