Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal sponsorship - Canadian Kids

Spousal sponsorship - Canadian Kids

Old Dec 11th 2017, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute
Question Spousal sponsorship - Canadian Kids

Good Afternoon all.

I know that this subject has been covered many times here but there seems to be some contadiction - can anyone clarify?

I am a Brit, currently living overseas (middle east), Married to a Canadian for the last 20 years. Our children both have dual citizenship (Canadian citizenship cards since birth, passport applications underway). We are in the process of applying for spousal sponsorship for me to move to Canada.

Several posters here have previously stated that such children need not be mentioned in the application as they are Canadian, however, the guide also states "if you already have proof of Canadian citizenship for your child, you are encouraged to include a copy of this proof (citizenship certificate or copy of Canadian passport), to help us confirm that your child does not require immigrant processing." This would seem to imply that there should be some mention of the children somewhere in the application - the question is, where?

On another note, receiving post where I am (Dubai) is somewhat difficul as the address to give varies according to the method used to send - courrier services will deliver to home but norml mail and national parcel services will not - must go to a po box address. Can anyone tell me what method is used to send out PR cards?

Thanks for this and all of the other great info here.

Last edited by Stuart Adamson; Dec 11th 2017 at 9:35 am. Reason: additions.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal sponsorship - Canadian Kids

PR cards are not sent outside of Canada.
PR cards are not issued until you formally land in Canada.
Do the kids and wife have Canadian passports as they will need one to fly to Canada.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - clearly, I wasn't aware of that.

Wife has Canadian passport. Kids have always used UK ones up to now - in the process of getting Canadian ones.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

What FL said.

As regards listing the kids, I have two 'kids' who are british by birth but who I got Canadian citizenship for, so dual. They were both over 22 etc. So just in case, I listed all of the IMM0008 information for them both on a separate attachment explaining my confusion and saying I was sending the details 'just in case' it was relevant. I also attached copies of their citizenship cards and Canadian passports. Seemed to do the trick....
Old Dec 11th 2017, 4:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be too corny for me to say that Canada is a Big Country?

Old Dec 11th 2017, 5:34 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
What FL said.

As regards listing the kids, I have two 'kids' who are british by birth but who I got Canadian citizenship for, so dual. They were both over 22 etc. So just in case, I listed all of the IMM0008 information for them both on a separate attachment explaining my confusion and saying I was sending the details 'just in case' it was relevant. I also attached copies of their citizenship cards and Canadian passports. Seemed to do the trick....
1,. The instructions state do NOT include dependents who are permanent residents or Canadian citizens on the application. The PR/CC children would appear only on the IMM 5406.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks all - will hopefully get it finished after work today.

BristolUK you're not the first! Has come in handy once or twice though.