Special schools in Canada

Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

rachpack241271 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Special schools in Canada

Hi there,

My hubby and I have two kids on who is Autistic.Does anyone know whether there would be issues with entry due to our sons condition?
Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rachael
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Special schools in Canada

Could be problem with medical criteria for permanent residence, I would have thought. Depends on how serious the condition is, possibly.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:16 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

We had a problem with our youngest who is only Dyslexic (but this was 10 years ago).

We had to agree to cover the costs of any additional or private schooling he required. We found an excellent school in Winnipeg, booked him in for the following year and sent the acknowledgment from the school in with our paper work (that was in the days when it only took a few months, 3 in our case, to process the application).

Others on here most probably have more up to date experience.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

mikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
We had a problem with our youngest who is only Dyslexic (but this was 10 years ago).

We had to agree to cover the costs of any additional or private schooling he required. We found an excellent school in Winnipeg, booked him in for the following year and sent the acknowledgment from the school in with our paper work (that was in the days when it only took a few months, 3 in our case, to process the application).

Others on here most probably have more up to date experience.
http://www.imforkids.org/index.php

you might get some advice from these people.

hope this helps
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

rachpack241271 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Special schools in Canada

Thanks for you help,

Both of our kids have educational; needs so I am starting to see that emigrating could be a major problem.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:11 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't give up too soon, you may have more luck on the maple leaf thre ad, as often people there don't look in here so much, and it is possible to come with kids who have special needs

The Third Academy in Lethbridge AB is a privately run organization for kids with who have greater needs, so I would give them a look. Please don't give up at the frist hurdle though - just be cautious......

Mrs Miggins xxx