Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Some (easy) questions? Pls respond if you can.

Some (easy) questions? Pls respond if you can.

Old Feb 16th 2001, 12:23 am
NA

Dear immigration gurus:

My friend has got his interview to be held within a month at NYC. His questions are:

* when should he do his medical? Before the interview or after?

* what is generally asked at the interview? should he be studying anything about Canada in
particular? history? civics? how long does the interview last?

* assuming his case is approved after the interview, up to how much time does he have to
actually enter Canada? (I hear this is 1 year, is this correct?) If he does not enter
Canada within a year after been granted landed immigrant status, does it get revoked
automatically?

Any answers to the above questions will be highly appreciated as my friend has no access
to a computer/Internet. Thank you.

Neil Armstrong [email protected]

Old Feb 16th 2001, 1:45 am
Andrew Miller

If your friend already received medical forms then he should undergo medicals without any
unnecessary delays.

There is no single standard for interview, each application is as unique as applicant and
interviews are tailored to the specific case.

Immigration visa will not be issued at the time of interview - the decision to approve or
reject the application will be made after all tasks of application process (including
evaluation of medicals and background/security check) are concluded. When immigration visa
is issued then it will be valid for up to 12 months from the date of medicals. If your
friend will not formally land in Canada within validity of visa it will become null and
void. Person in possession of valid immigration visa doesn't have a PR status until
landing in Canada, so there is nothing to revoke.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

> Dear immigration gurus:
>
> My friend has got his interview to be held within a month at NYC. His questions are:
>
> * when should he do his medical? Before the interview or after?
>
> * what is generally asked at the interview? should he be studying anything about Canada
> in particular? history? civics? how long does the interview last?
>
> * assuming his case is approved after the interview, up to how much time does he have to
> actually enter Canada? (I hear this is 1 year, is this correct?) If he does not enter
> Canada within a year after been granted landed immigrant status, does it get revoked
> automatically?
>
> Any answers to the above questions will be highly appreciated as my friend has no access
> to a computer/Internet. Thank you.
>
> Neil Armstrong [email protected]

Old Feb 16th 2001, 2:22 pm
David Cohen

> Dear immigration gurus:
>
> My friend has got his interview to be held within a month at NYC. His questions are:
>
> * when should he do his medical? Before the interview or after?

Completion of medical examinations in advance of the interview, when allowed, can expedite
the conclusion of a case, but assumes the risk that the interview will be successful.

> * what is generally asked at the interview? should he be studying anything about Canada
> in particular? history? civics? how long does the interview last?

Some general information about knowledge of Canada may be requested, especially as it
applies to the applicant's occupation. Additional information on the selection interview
may be found at Campbell, Cohen's web site at the following URL:

http://canadavisa.com/documents/selint.htm

> * assuming his case is approved after the interview, up to how much time does he have to
> actually enter Canada? (I hear this is 1 year, is this correct?) If he does not enter
> Canada within a year after been granted landed immigrant status, does it get revoked
> automatically?

Applicants have one year from the completion of medical examinations to land in
Canada. This typically allows a duration of approximately 6-9 months, from the time of
issuance of landing documents, within which the individual is required to land as a
permanent resident.

Failure to land within the validity of the landing documents will generally necessitate a
new application in its entirety.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law [email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Feb 19th 2001, 3:04 am
NA

Thanks Andrew.

Andrew Miller wrote:

> If your friend already received medical forms then he should undergo medicals without
> any unnecessary delays.
>
> There is no single standard for interview, each application is as unique as applicant
> and interviews are tailored to the specific case.
>
> Immigration visa will not be issued at the time of interview - the decision to approve
> or reject the application will be made after all tasks of application process (including
> evaluation of medicals and background/security check) are concluded. When immigration
> visa is issued then it will be valid for up to 12 months from the date of medicals. If
> your friend will not formally land in Canada within validity of visa it will become null
> and void. Person in possession of valid immigration visa doesn't have a PR status until
> landing in Canada, so there is nothing to revoke.
>
> --
>
> ../..
>
> Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
> [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before sending
> an email)
> ________________________________
>

> > Dear immigration gurus:
> >
> > My friend has got his interview to be held within a month at NYC. His questions are:
> >
> > * when should he do his medical? Before the interview or after?
> >
> > * what is generally asked at the interview? should he be studying anything about
> > Canada in particular? history? civics? how long does the interview last?
> >
> > * assuming his case is approved after the interview, up to how much time does he have
> > to actually enter Canada? (I hear this is 1 year, is this correct?) If he does not
> > enter Canada within a year after been granted landed immigrant status, does it get
> > revoked automatically?
> >
> > Any answers to the above questions will be highly appreciated as my friend has no
> > access to a computer/Internet. Thank you.
> >
> > Neil Armstrong [email protected]

Old Feb 19th 2001, 3:04 am
NA

Thanks David.

David Cohen wrote:

>
> > Dear immigration gurus:
> >
> > My friend has got his interview to be held within a month at NYC. His questions are:
> >
> > * when should he do his medical? Before the interview or after?
>
> Completion of medical examinations in advance of the interview, when allowed, can
> expedite the conclusion of a case, but assumes the risk that the interview will be
> successful.
>
> > * what is generally asked at the interview? should he be studying anything about
> > Canada in particular? history? civics? how long does the interview last?
>
> Some general information about knowledge of Canada may be requested, especially as it
> applies to the applicant's occupation. Additional information on the selection interview
> may be found at Campbell, Cohen's web site at the following URL:
>
> http://canadavisa.com/documents/selint.htm
>
> > * assuming his case is approved after the interview, up to how much time does he have
> > to actually enter Canada? (I hear this is 1 year, is this correct?) If he does not
> > enter Canada within a year after been granted landed immigrant status, does it get
> > revoked automatically?
>
> Applicants have one year from the completion of medical examinations to land in Canada.
> This typically allows a duration of approximately 6-9 months, from the time of issuance
> of landing documents, within which the individual is required to land as a permanent
> resident.
>
> Failure to land within the validity of the landing documents will generally necessitate
> a new application in its entirety.
> ________
> CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law [email protected] http://canadavisa.com
>
> Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community