Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled worker processing time - London

Skilled worker processing time - London

Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:24 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skilled worker processing time - London

Ive finally got my AOR from the london CHC and was shocked to see that it says the waiting time is 21 months

Ive applied on the skilled worker application and am a UK
resident.

I was under the impression reading all the posts that it was more like 15-18 months.

Was wondering if anyone else who has recently received their AOR if it says the same?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:33 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled worker processing time - London

Mine said 15 months in early feb last yr.....by the end of the month it was up to 18 months, and by about oct/nov it was indeed up to 21 months and has been since then I believe.

No you are not alone, it is the norm at this time unfortunately!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:53 am
Lyles

Same here. My estimated waiting time says 18 months. A few people who received their AOR just a couple of weeks before I received mine, have 15 months. I've read a few recent AOR receivers have the same timeline as you.

You certainly are not alone. But at least you know they have your forms. Shame we can't just hibernate through the wait.

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Ive finally got my AOR from the london CHC and was shocked to see that it says the waiting time is 21 months

resident.

I was under the impression reading all the posts that it was more like 15-18 months.

Was wondering if anyone else who has recently received their AOR if it says the same?

Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:58 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey

resident.

I had a scientific discussion on this with Julius the other day which came to the following thesis (I do believe I deserve a PhD for this one, perhaps even a Nobel Prize):
Fact 1: the average timeline given by CIC for all skilled w. applicants is longer than the average timeline of the subset of applicants who have posted their lines on www.yogi799.com (this is the result of an extensive research project)

Fact 2: the applicants nerdy enough to post on yogi799 are more likely to be checking their e-client more often. (this is obvious)

Conclusion: The more often you check your e-client, the faster you get your brown envelope. .......or was it yellow....or grey......or blue,...... (or purple with pink hearts for you Cry!)
So much for sharing my wisdom with humanity
Old Feb 11th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by mhhp
I had a scientific discussion on this with Julius the other day which came to the following thesis (I do believe I deserve a PhD for this one, perhaps even a Nobel Prize):
Fact 1: the average timeline given by CIC for all skilled w. applicants is longer than the average timeline of the subset of applicants who have posted their lines on www.yogi799.com (this is the result of an extensive research project)

Fact 2: the applicants nerdy enough to post on yogi799 are more likely to be checking their e-client more often. (this is obvious)

Conclusion: The more often you check your e-client, the faster you get your brown envelope. .......or was it yellow....or grey......or blue,...... (or purple with pink hearts for you Cry!)
There are many people not just on this forum who are being called before a year's up or on around a year having been given 15-18 months as a timeline (AOR) back a year ago. Jan-March 04.

You must be correct then in your extensive workings and cross referencing.

So the CHC/CIC are probably being over cautious to a degree and afterall timelines can change at any moment due to external or internal influences. A strike perhaps or undue levels of illness. It can all have an effect.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 12:07 pm

Malcolm Bamford is on a distinguished road

Applied skilled worker category London CIC June 2003 received AOR 8 days later.

20 months waiting "In Process" no communication since AOR.

Meanwhile moved house since original application and my wife is expecting a baby in 11 weeks.

In all it has been over 3 years since our decision to apply.

Ever hopeful but very despondent.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 12:11 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
There are many people not just on this forum who are being called before a year's up or on around a year having been given 15-18 months as a timeline (AOR) back a year ago. Jan-March 04.

You must be correct then in your extensive workings and cross referencing.

So the CHC/CIC are probably being over cautious to a degree and afterall timelines can change at any moment due to external or internal influences. A strike perhaps or undue levels of illness. It can all have an effect.
Thanks SANDRAPAUL,

allways good to hear when someone apreciates your work.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Headhurts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Malcolm Bamford
Applied skilled worker category London CIC June 2003 received AOR 8 days later.

20 months waiting "In Process" no communication since AOR.

Meanwhile moved house since original application and my wife is expecting a baby in 11 weeks.

In all it has been over 3 years since our decision to apply.

Ever hopeful but very despondent.

I pressume you have been in contact with London CHC. I have heard at least two stories of people who moved house and despite informing CHC, their medical requests were sent to the old address.

Headhurts.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Mhhp, you have a wisdom beyond infinity ...somebody stop me or I would start worshipping you.

Julius
Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:20 pm
keep checking....

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Mhhp, you have a wisdom beyond infinity ...somebody stop me or I would start worshipping you.

Julius
Anyone know what the NOC Code is for a Deity?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:54 pm
nsp
Forum Regular

nsp will become famous soon enoughnsp will become famous soon enough

You deserve an honourary knighthood Sir mhhp, your dedication to your research is humbling......I feel relieved that I'm also a Berlin applicant, I know I can rely on your fountain of knowledge in times of need ........like you am staring at "In Process" day and night.

You have earned your canadian rye.........

Old Feb 11th 2005, 2:26 pm
keep checking....

Originally Posted by nsp
You deserve an honourary knighthood Sir mhhp, your dedication to your research is humbling......I feel relieved that I'm also a Berlin applicant, I know I can rely on your fountain of knowledge in times of need ........like you am staring at "In Process" day and night.

You have earned your canadian rye.........
Always glad to be of service.

Good to see you around NSP, it has been a while. Great to be talking to another Berlin Skilled worker who will really appreciate some details from my latest analysis:

This one is especially for you!!!!

Based on my latest yogi799-analysis the average time from AOR to Medical (for some reason we "Berliner" dont get an IA) is 8.5 months with a standard deviation of exactly 2.0 months. Assuming your AOR came in on the 15th of August (unfortunately yogi only gives months not dates, or my analysis would be even more precise) your most probable Medical date is May 1st 2005. And with a 67% probability your medical will be between March 1st and July 1st.

That is of course assuming you keep checking your e-client regularly

Hope things are going fine for you and youll have some time to join me on my porch for a rye soon.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:00 pm
nsp
Forum Regular

nsp will become famous soon enoughnsp will become famous soon enough

am ueber impressed mhhp, I have indeed been rather quiet recently as all my time is devoted to checking e-client......... ...but have been slavishly reading your posts from afar and subscribe to your 'fast track' theory whereby the amount of times you check e-client is directly proportionate to the speed that your application is processed....its like SO logical

I also predict a similar meds date (here's hoping)........thanks for the expert analysis

we also have woollen cardigans and should be delighted to join you guys on the porch, you'll have to come by to our place for some bier and wuerst

Always glad to be of service.

Good to see you around NSP, it has been a while. Great to be talking to another Berlin Skilled worker who will really appreciate some details from my latest analysis:

This one is especially for you!!!!

Based on my latest yogi799-analysis the average time from AOR to Medical (for some reason we "Berliner" dont get an IA) is 8.5 months with a standard deviation of exactly 2.0 months. Assuming your AOR came in on the 15th of August (unfortunately yogi only gives months not dates, or my analysis would be even more precise) your most probable Medical date is May 1st 2005. And with a 67% probability your medical will be between March 1st and July 1st.

That is of course assuming you keep checking your e-client regularly

Hope things are going fine for you and youll have some time to join me on my porch for a rye soon.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:12 pm
keep checking....

Originally Posted by nsp
am ueber impressed mhhp, I have indeed been rather quiet recently as all my time is devoted to checking e-client......... ...but have been slavishly reading your posts from afar and subscribe to your 'fast track' theory whereby the amount of times you check e-client is directly proportionate to the speed that your application is processed....its like SO logical

I also predict a similar meds date (here's hoping)........thanks for the expert analysis

we also have woollen cardigans and should be delighted to join you guys on the porch, you'll have to come by to our place for some bier and wuerst
Sounds great, btw I have ammended my signature to SIR MHHP to reflect the status of knighthood which has been bestowed upon me for my extensive research and establishment of the theory of checking/approval-correllation.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 5:05 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

mhhp you desirve a nighthood just for your happy uplifting posts. You and some of the other guys on here have really cheered this forum up which can sometimes be a depressive & boreing place to be.
Nice one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.