Should our age stop us?

Old Nov 26th 2017, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Stuartmur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should our age stop us?

My wife and I are considering moving to Canada with our 6 year old son. It feels like a now or never moment. We are both at a crossroads as far as careers are concerned and feel this is a great opportunity to make a real change.

Next year we will be 47 and 48 respectively. After taking a quick look at the selection factors for federal skilled workers we have noticed that we will not get any points for our age.

We will more than likely get full points for English, we have degrees and post grad certificates, and long term work experience.

We were wondering if anyone else has a similar story? We are aware there is a lot of work that goes into the application process and I guess we are asking if it is possible.

All advice welcome.
Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2017, 9:17 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should our age stop us?

Are you Canadian? If not what visa route would you use?
Occupations, are they in demand? Long term work experience is good, if it is in a demand occupation. If there are enough Canadian's who can do the job, then it won't help much.
Check your CRS score to see if you might be eligible.

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Should you do it? Only you can answer that. Consider pensions and retirement, there would be very little from the Canadian govt.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 9:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should our age stop us?

Originally Posted by Stuartmur
We are aware there is a lot of work that goes into the application process and I guess we are asking if it is possible.
Only you know if a FSW application will be possible for you, as only you know what you are scoring on the FSW points score and the CRS. Do you score enough on both to get PR? If so, then your age won't be a factor from the visa side of things.