Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Should I migrate to Canada from Jamaica?

Should I migrate to Canada from Jamaica?

Old Aug 13th 2017, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Twinni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I migrate to Canada from Jamaica?

I have gotten the opportunity to pay for it, to spend lots of money (Jamaican dollars) to migrate to Canada, myself, my wife and our baby girl. Iam presently in a government job here (police constable) in Jamaica but I fear taking up the offer to spend the last money I have to go to Canada. I wonder if it will be a bad choice or in the end it will work out better for us? I need some help in deciding what to do
Old Aug 13th 2017, 9:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I migrate to Canada from Jamaica?

Originally Posted by Twinni
I have gotten the opportunity to pay for it, to spend lots of money (Jamaican dollars) to migrate to Canada, myself, my wife and our baby girl. Iam presently in a government job here (police constable) in Jamaica but I fear taking up the offer to spend the last money I have to go to Canada. I wonder if it will be a bad choice or in the end it will work out better for us? I need some help in deciding what to do
What is the opportunity that you have to pay for? Is it visa application fees or fees to a third party who is promising to get you to Canada?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

It's through an agency named CanadaVisa.com I found it on fb and I went on it and left a comment about me wanting to go to Canada and since then a man named Gregory Greg Vincent has been talking to me. He says he has been assigned to me to help me to get into Canada. Iam somewhat sceptical but he seems to be legit based on what he has been telling me etc etc. He is saying through the express entry programme myself, wife n baby will be admitted. It will cost alot and Iam wondering if it is worth it or stay in Jamaica and use that money I would pay to this organization to try n do something in Jamaica
Old Aug 13th 2017, 11:08 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

It's through an agency named CanadaVisa.com I found it on fb and I went on it and left a comment about me wanting to go to Canada and since then a man named Gregory Greg Vincent has been talking to me. He says he has been assigned to me to help me to get into Canada. Iam somewhat sceptical but he seems to be legit based on what he has been telling me etc etc. He is saying through the express entry programme myself, wife n baby will be admitted. It will cost alot and Iam wondering if it is worth it or stay in Jamaica and use that money I would pay to this organization to try n do something in Jamaica
I would hold on to your cash for now. There is no way I can see that anyone can tell you definitively that you 'will' be allowed to immigrate to Canada before you have even prepared an application.

You will need settlement funds in Canada, on top of what you pay to immigrate and move. For three of you, you would need just shy of $19000 Canadian in available funds to move here. This is not a lot to survive on, especially if you have no job.

Before committing to anything, I would suggest reading the Wiki on this forum, asking questions here and then making a decision.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 12:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator
I would hold on to your cash for now. There is no way I can see that anyone can tell you definitively that you 'will' be allowed to immigrate to Canada before you have even prepared an application.

You will need settlement funds in Canada, on top of what you pay to immigrate and move. For three of you, you would need just shy of $19000 Canadian in available funds to move here. This is not a lot to survive on, especially if you have no job.

Before committing to anything, I would suggest reading the Wiki on this forum, asking questions here and then making a decision.
I think this needs further investigations. If possible I need to link up on fb with you so I can show you who Iam talking and I can share the conversations I have had with him etc etc. I really need to get to the bottom of this please.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 12:07 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE!

canadavisa.com are a reputable company (presuming that you are connected to the official one - I'd suggest going through their website only), however, before you spend lots of your hard earned money on an Immigration Consultant I would recomment going to the CIC website and checking your options there first.

Follow the steps in this post: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post12306248 and see how you get on, then post back with your results.

I'm moving your post to the Immigration section, so that you will get more responses.

Best of luck!

Old Aug 14th 2017, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hello and welcome to BE!

canadavisa.com are a reputable company (presuming that you are connected to the official one - I'd suggest going through their website only), however, before you spend lots of your hard earned money on an Immigration Consultant I would recomment going to the CIC website and checking your options there first.

Follow the steps in this post: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post12306248 and see how you get on, then post back with your results.

I'm moving your post to the Immigration section, so that you will get more responses.

Best of luck!

OK. Thanks,but I wouldn't mind taking to one of the persons who answered on fb. Iam new to this website and I don't know how to send private messages so if possible me and whomever could exchange fb names etc etc or whatsapp numbers so I can really find out if this person is legit and what would be my next step
Old Aug 14th 2017, 1:22 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Thanks,but I wouldn't mind taking to one of the persons who answered on fb. Iam new to this website and I don't know how to send private messages so if possible me and whomever could exchange fb names etc etc or whatsapp numbers so I can really find out if this person is legit and what would be my next step
Hello again,

I don't think any of the members here are likely to want to give out personal information, so I would suggest that you contact CanadaVisa.com through their official website and confirm that the person you are talking with on FB is their representative.

Their website has a free assessment on it, so perhaps that might be the way forward for you if you don't wish to look into it yourself.

I would ask that you don't send private messages on BE requesting anyone's FB or Whatsapp information please..

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 14th 2017 at 1:25 am.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 1:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hello again,

I don't think any of the members here are likely to want to give out personal information, so I would suggest that you contact CanadaVisa.com through their official website and confirm that the person you are talking with on FB is their representative.

Their website has a free assessment on it, so perhaps that might be the way forward for you if you don't wish to look into it yourself.

I would ask that you don't send private messages on BE requesting anyone's FB or Whatsapp information please..
Alright. Thanks again
Old Aug 14th 2017, 3:16 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I think this needs further investigations. If possible I need to link up on fb with you so I can show you who Iam talking and I can share the conversations I have had with him etc etc. I really need to get to the bottom of this please.
You should be able to get all the information you need though asking questions on here, talking to the immigration company you have been in touch with, CIC website and the BE Wiki.

No need for off the board comms or messages, the more posted openly, the more it helps others too.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator
You should be able to get all the information you need though asking questions on here, talking to the immigration company you have been in touch with, CIC website and the BE Wiki.

No need for off the board comms or messages, the more posted openly, the more it helps others too.
OK and I understand. To be real I just wanted to check out this person who says he wants to help me to see if he is legit. That's all really. If he has helped anyone else to see if he has a track record.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 6:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the website for canadavisa's assessment page.

https://www.canadavisa.com/assess/mobile/?tracking=1
Old Aug 15th 2017, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I think when you use a consultant, you end up paying more because you will pay him as well as all the fees that you have to pay the Canadian government. He will still ask you to collect together all the papers and information that are needed, which you would have to do if doing it by yourself.

Can you pull back from him for a little while and spend that time checking out whether you are indeed eligible to move to Canada and how much it would cost you to do it by yourself.

I think that almost everyone on this site has not used an immigration consultant unless there have been some complicated problems such as married 3 times, umpteen children with multiple partners, etc.

Read through this Forum, check the Wiki on emigrating to Canada, follow the thread link that Siouxie gave you ..

ie ......

Follow the steps in this post: Freelancer British couple would like to move to Vancouver and see how you get on, then post back with your results.