Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Should I apply from my country or in the US-and the bank statement issue

Should I apply from my country or in the US-and the bank statement issue

Old Feb 7th 2001, 2:23 pm
stoptorturingme

Hello, I have been in the US for almost 2 years on student visa and currently I am in the
process of applying for H1B through my employer. I would like to pursue the Canada PR
opportunity but there are some issues that are not clear to me. First of all, some people
say it will slow down the process if I apply in the US instead of my country but I can not
go back to my country just for an interview for Canada immigration also I did not
understand the necessity of a bank statement. Do I have to send them a letter from the
bank saying that I have money in the bank and how much should it be? Is it in US dollars
or Canadian dollars?? And what if I don't have money right now? Can not I apply? I am a
computer professional and I think I can find a job in Canada? so do I still have to show
them that I have cash money in the bank?? Thank you.

Old Feb 7th 2001, 2:45 pm
Mamush

Hello,
> I have been in the US for almost 2 years on student visa and currently I am in the
> process of applying for H1B through my employer. I would like to pursue the Canada PR
> opportunity but there are some issues that are not clear to me. First of all, some
> people say it will slow down the process if I apply in the US instead of my country
> but I can not go back to my country just for an interview for Canada immigration also
> I did not understand the necessity of a bank statement. Do I have to send them a
> letter from the bank saying that I have money in the bank and how much should it be?
> Is it in US dollars or Canadian dollars??
And what if I don't have money right now? Can not
> I apply? I am a computer professional and I think I can find a job in Canada? so do I
> still have to show them that I have cash money in the bank?? Thank you.
>

>
I applied from US and got my landing paper in less than a year. I think it is probably a
good idea to apply from US. I applied in Buffalo office.

You still have to show a proof of fund when landing..You don't have to show them proof
until you get your landing paper and you are at the POE. Good luck..

--
Deja Sucks

Old Feb 8th 2001, 2:42 pm
David Cohen

says...
> Hello, I have been in the US for almost 2 years on student visa and currently I am in
> the process of applying for H1B through my employer. I would like to pursue the Canada
> PR opportunity but there are some issues that are not clear to me. First of all, some
> people say it will slow down the process if I apply in the US instead of my country but
> I can not go back to my country just for an interview for Canada immigration also I did
> not understand the necessity of a bank statement. Do I have to send them a letter from
> the bank saying that I have money in the bank and how much should it be? Is it in US
> dollars or Canadian dollars?? And what if I don't have money right now? Can not I apply?
> I am a computer professional and I think I can find a job in Canada? so do I still have
> to show them that I have cash money in the bank??

If you will be resident in the USA for the entire duration of a Canadian PR application,
then submission therein is likely preferable.

Information on the requirement for a bank statement is available at the following URL:

http://canadavisa.com/documents/nsf.htm

Demonstration of assets in US funds is acceptable.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law [email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community