Share timeline-----Family Class!

Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Share timeline-----Family Class!

Originally Posted by John Thom Don
Hey Lionel!

How did the landing go?

John
Hi John

Pretty successful! I arrived at Fort Erie at around 10:30am. The line wasn't too long and after about 5 mins arrived at the booth. As expected, I had to go and wait another 30-40mins to have my fingerprints taken and pay my US$6 for the visa waiver program. So, less than an hour there.

I went shopping for a bit, and then went back over at Lewiston, at around 3pm. Less than 5 mins to reach the booth this time. Got asked a few simple questions, then off to the immigration office. There was nobody else in there, so I was seen right away. Answered a few questions with the officer there, and after complaining about my ugly photo on the PR confirmation, she even offered to take a new one! So I went in the back, she took two pics and let me choose the better one.
After she'd ticked all her stuff and I signed the confirmation, she sent me next door with my list of goods to follow. Again, it was dead there and there were about 8 customs officers ready. This part took all of 10 minutes too, at which time the immigration lady came running in and gave me the three pics she printed which she didn't need! Very polite!

And that was it, I would say I spent less than 30 mins total for the whole process.

I would def. recommend going on a Sunday at this time of day, and these two border crossings were perfect, both times there were huge lineups going the other way to where I was heading

Got my SIN today, I start back at work on Wednesday!

Good luck!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:28 pm
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice

Just adding myself in here - Sponsored Spouse (Outside Canada) via CHC-L.

----------------AOR-------PPR-------Visa-----------# of weeks(AOR->PPR)
Britishvixen21---28 Dec----14 Mar--------07 Apr-------11
Vcox-----------17 Feb----30 Mar--------20 Apr-------6
Vietcan---------17 Mar----11 May--------08 Jun-------8
Mystic kazza----04 Apr----28 Apr--------19 May-------4!!!!
Ijstewart-------11 Apr----13 May--------23 Jun-------10.5
Lionel_in_OT----11 Apr----28 Jun--------18 Jul--------11
Painkil----------02 May (11 weeks waiting)
Daveyboy------02 May (11 weeks waiting)---30 Jun letter req new medical (just expired) ERRR!
Milka----------11 May (10 weeks waiting)
lisa----------- 12 May (10 weeks waiting)---02 Jul letter interveiw to be confirmed!
TFI------------12 May (10 weeks waiting)
John-----------19 May (8 weeks waiting)
Sally h---------19 May----12 July-------7.5
Rrollinson-------22 May (8 weeks waiting
Daz123---------06 June (6 weeks waiting)

Last edited by TFI; Jul 27th 2006 at 10:34 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

milka is an unknown quantity at this point

Just updating...

Painkil----------02 May (13 weeks waiting)
Daveyboy------02 May (13 weeks waiting)---30 Jun letter req new medical (just expired) ERRR!
Milka-----------11 May (12 weeks waiting)
lisa----------- 12 May (12 weeks waiting)---02 Jul letter interveiw to be confirmed!
TFI------------12 May (12 weeks waiting)
John-----------19 May (10 weeks waiting)
Rrollinson-------22 May (10 weeks waiting)
Daz123---------06 June (8 weeks waiting)
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:06 pm
John Thom Don

[QUOTE=milka]Just updating...

Daveyboy------02 May (13 weeks waiting)---30 Jun letter req new medical (just expired) ERRR!
lisa----------- 12 May (12 weeks waiting)---02 Jul letter interveiw to be confirmed!
John-----------19 May----18th July

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

PROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=John Thom Don]
Originally Posted by milka
Just updating...

John-----------19 May----18th July

This wait is killing me....
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:41 am
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice

[QUOTE=PROLLINSON]

This wait is killing me....
We are at 12 weeks now, and making plans to leave on the 18 of Sept. I know I can go before its all done and wait it out there but man.....
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:48 am
John Thom Don

Hi,

As you say the wait is cruel. My wife's passport arrived London Friday 22nd July for visa putting in.

I know we should be grateful we are the this close, but the wait for it's return and paranoia about loss in post etc is getting us bothdown :-(

John

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

painkil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

As you say the wait is cruel. My wife's passport arrived London Friday 22nd July for visa putting in.

I know we should be grateful we are the this close, but the wait for it's return and paranoia about loss in post etc is getting us bothdown :-(

John
at least your case is moving me am on 13 weeks still nothin...got caips and it seems that they didnt even start yet as they havent put my csq number which i got since 1st of june...
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:08 am
TFI
Forum Regular

Painkil, we are 12 weeks, but we have heard nothing, we were under the impression that they must be working on it as our ECAS shows "In Process" in London? Are you saying that even with an AOR of May 12th, they may not even have looked at it yet?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,
just wondering if those of you with PPR in the bag could help me out as I am now confused as to what to do next!
Just got a signed for envelope from CHC-L with a majority of our common-law evidence enclosed (bank statements, pic, correspondance, plane tickets), they did not return our lease and some other bits and pieces. Along with this was a checklist document with two of my passport pictures paper clipped to it.
The only box checked was the one stating the following: "Please note: We have returned 2 photos. These can be used if/when your file reaches visa issuance stage."
The letter also states that documents requested need to be sent to CHC-L within 90 days, or they will close the file. Well, they haven't requested anything from me, and I'm as much in the dark as with eCAS saying 'In Process'! Do I just sit and wait it out? What if it gets close to the 90 days and I haven't heard anything?
Has anyone else received this cryptic list? Please help!!!

John-----------19 May----18 July--------------------8.5
Sally h---------19 May----12 July--------------------7.5
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Milka I recieved the same generic letter all that was ticked was a request for my right of residence landing fee. Which i sent. it also had that option of photographs being returned. I think its a generic letter. as long as nothing else is ticked as requested then i guess they are just returning your documents.

I would post a fresh thread for the expertts just to be sure but if they are not asking for anything then there is nothing to send.

least you know they are working on your case, nice of them to send your stuff back too, I didnt get any of mine
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

PROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=TFI]
Originally Posted by PROLLINSON

We are at 12 weeks now, and making plans to leave on the 18 of Sept. I know I can go before its all done and wait it out there but man.....

Got a brown envelope today from Mississauga...........Wait for it....... To say the cheque is in the post for the refund from the Canadian Gov for RPRF....Look keep the $485 it not much but please kick on with my case, my boss is P@ssing me off.....

Looking for inspiration
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Milka I recieved the same generic letter all that was ticked was a request for my right of residence landing fee. Which i sent. it also had that option of photographs being returned. I think its a generic letter. as long as nothing else is ticked as requested then i guess they are just returning your documents.

I would post a fresh thread for the expertts just to be sure but if they are not asking for anything then there is nothing to send.

least you know they are working on your case, nice of them to send your stuff back too, I didnt get any of mine
Thanks BV, will do.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

painkil is an unknown quantity at this point

BVX how did u pay ur ROFL?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

sally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to all

Hi Everyone
I picked up my passport from CIC London this afternoon with my future...I mean visa in it!
Thanks to everyone for their help and support so far, and my fingers are crossed for you all to recieve yours asap!
It took approx 10.5 weeks from AOR to Visa Stamp, and 4 months in total from sponsor application to Visa.
Thanks
Sally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.