Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada / Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)

Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:16 pm   #16
~~*Checksum*~~

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shady immigration company... do I need a Lawyer at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezbea View Post
Ah yes, I had seen that page but still wasn't sure. That's a bit of a bummer because nursing is in the right NOC category, but it'll take so long to sort out my nursing in Canada (and I still might not be able to practice!) that I think I'll just go straight down the EE route without doing IEC first. Ah well. Just booking the IELTS exam as we speak!
Don't forget that you have a year from receiving the letter of introduction to activate it - so it may well still be worthwhile applying for the IEC. You may not receive an invite for 6 months or more - so could have time to sort out your nursing qualifications for Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...num=846&top=15

http://www.suzisukarma.com/gallery.html .. Share the moments - share the memories - share the love!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 2nd 2018 at 2:18 pm.
Siouxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:20 pm   #17
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ah yes, I had seen that page but still wasn't sure. That's a bit of a bummer because nursing is in the right NOC category, but it'll take so long to sort out my nursing in Canada (and I still might not be able to practice!) that I think I'll just go straight down the EE route without doing IEC first. Ah well. Just booking the IELTS exam as we speak!
I'm sure you're already on top of this, but make sure its the General and not academic exam, the academic will not be valid. Also I'd look at some example questions for the exam online, not knowing what to expect can sometimes throw people, regardless of ability.

Best of luck!
Gorbzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:42 pm   #18
Fun Sponge
Super Moderator

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just to say, thousands of jobs are eligible for CEC, even some that you might not necessarily think of as 'skilled' work - so if you could do something else that isn't nursing (or you could apply using your partner's job), then you'd still be eligible for CEC.

But if you're sure you want to go permanently, are scoring enough on the CRS etc, and have the required amount of proof of funds, then a FSW/EE app now is also a good plan. IEC is just a lot quicker/cheaper/easier for those that aren't 100% sure they want to spend so much money or wait so long for PR.

Best of luck
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:02 pm   #19
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nursing is a tough one, my girlfriend is a nurse and currently going through the registration process. Potentially a long and expensive process.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:03 pm   #20
kezbea 
Just Joined

kezbea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Just to say, thousands of jobs are eligible for CEC, even some that you might not necessarily think of as 'skilled' work - so if you could do something else that isn't nursing (or you could apply using your partner's job), then you'd still be eligible for CEC.

But if you're sure you want to go permanently, are scoring enough on the CRS etc, and have the required amount of proof of funds, then a FSW/EE app now is also a good plan. IEC is just a lot quicker/cheaper/easier for those that aren't 100% sure they want to spend so much money or wait so long for PR.

Best of luck
That's interesting, thank you for your reply. My partner works in renewable energy as a case manager but it's difficult to find this occupation on the NOC list. I am really torn between taking a gamble on IEC in the hope one of us will get the right job once we're in Canada, or just going ahead with the EE now...
kezbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:04 pm   #21
kezbea 
Just Joined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakyuk View Post
Nursing is a tough one, my girlfriend is a nurse and currently going through the registration process. Potentially a long and expensive process.
Tell me about it! One of the reasons I originally wanted to move to Canada was because the NHS is just awful to work in, and I was hopeful Canada might provide something better! How far through the application is your girlfriend?
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:07 pm   #22
kezbea 
Just Joined

Huh, what do you know, I just received an email from the very immigration company that I started this thread about stating that Canada has recently changed their immigration laws and there will be 'more changes to come'. Is this... anything?
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:29 pm   #23
~~*Checksum*~~

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's interesting, thank you for your reply. My partner works in renewable energy as a case manager but it's difficult to find this occupation on the NOC list. I am really torn between taking a gamble on IEC in the hope one of us will get the right job once we're in Canada, or just going ahead with the EE now...
What does your partner do there? Perhaps looking for the work they do rather than their present title would help narrow down the NOC search?

Edited to add, perhaps this website may be of use.. http://www.eco.ca/blog/exploring-car...to-work-there/

http://www.suzisukarma.com/gallery.html .. Share the moments - share the memories - share the love!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 2nd 2018 at 6:06 pm.
Siouxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 5:06 pm   #24
BE Enthusiast

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Huh, what do you know, I just received an email from the very immigration company that I started this thread about stating that Canada has recently changed their immigration laws and there will be 'more changes to come'. Is this... anything?
Canada's immigration rules are almost constantly changing, in some ways or another. Some of the most recent changes were to increase the target to 330k immigrants next year, implement the dependency age change from 19-22, and allow for gender neutral documents.

Unless they can tell you about a specific change that affects you, 'recently changed and more to come' is almost universally valid.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 7:39 am   #25
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tell me about it! One of the reasons I originally wanted to move to Canada was because the NHS is just awful to work in, and I was hopeful Canada might provide something better! How far through the application is your girlfriend?

She has applied to NNAS; sent all of her previous employment history and spent 3 months wrestling with Salford university.

It took over a month for Salford to compile details of the course my girlfriend did. Luckily my girlfriend asked to see what they were going to send to NNAS before they sent it... because it wasn't her course. So my girlfriend spent around another month trying to get them to get the right course information. The lady dealing with it at Salford clearly cannot be bothered and is flatly refusing to fill out a single page form for NNAS. All of the time the lady has spent refusing to complete this form could have be spent filling around 100 of these forms in.

Today my girlfriend got an email from NNAS saying Salford have sent the information but haven't completed the form. Salford were meant to show my girlfriend the information before sending it and so now my girlfriend is worried in case they have got it all wrong again.

The NNAS form asks for details like my girlfriends name, the years she attended and the course. All this information is on the transcripts but the lady at Salford refuses to pick up a pen and NNAS say they need the form, it's petty and so incredibly frustrating for her.. and in turn me .

The sticking point is the lady at Salford university who is causing all of this frustration and delaying everything just because she can't be bothered doing her own job.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 9:08 am   #26
BE Forum Addict

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post

Best of luck
The NOC system is a joke, honestly. The fact that Admin Assistant qualifies as level B but Medical Receptionist doesn't and a Retail Supervisor is considered on par with an Electrician and a Dental Hygienist really says a lot about how highly the federal government regard some professions.

With the OP's background it could potentially work in her favour though. http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD...11&CLV=1&MLV=4
DigitalGhost is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada / Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)