rule changes a-comming ?

Old Feb 21st 2011, 3:13 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rule changes a-comming ?

Originally Posted by Falcore
Nope, my application is absolutley nowhere! See recent reply I had from CIC on 2007 posts. For us it looks like nothing will happen at all this year. gutted does not even cover it!
Bugger! Just read your post over in the 2007 thread. That is a total kick in the private bits if I ever read one! Just have to wonder if you are the tip of the iceberg and hopefully they'll not just shutting the whole show down. I can see now how P****d off you would be though. Haven't I read somewhere that, due to it's extra case loads from other areas, London will be allocated bunch more of the PR visa pie for 2011?

I guess that will kick in around June? (it was a guess)

Hopefully you'll fall under that.

Last edited by james.mc; Feb 21st 2011 at 3:15 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
Haven't I read somewhere that, due to it's extra case loads from other areas, London will be allocated bunch more of the PR visa pie for 2011?
If that's the case, I don't doubt that blocks will be allocated to different geographic areas.

Sorry to all you 2007'ers
Old Feb 21st 2011, 3:59 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Excerpt from CIC article - 1st November 2010

The Canadian Government announced that it will keep Canada’s immigration levels the same for 2011. The government says its goal is to accept between 240,000 and 265,000 new permanent residents next year—the same target as for 2009 and 2010. Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says, “Canada’s post-recession economy demands a high level of legal immigration to keep our workforce strong.”

Canadian provinces are going to take on a larger role in selecting economic immigrants. As the number of newcomers in the Federal Skilled Worker class declines, the number of newcomers nominated through the province nomination programs will rise. It is predicted that Canada will require about 350,000 immigrants each year by 2030 in order to keep the workforce growing.
For 2011, the federal government is going to increase the target for spouses and children to 48,000 — an increase from the 45,000 in 2010.
The focus now is on settlement programs and resources to help newcomers integrate more effectively so the Canadian workforce can benefit fully from the training and expertise of these newcomers to Canada.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 4:36 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Do people really treat emigration from their home in the same way as buying a house or a car? I was under the impression that for the majority of people this decision is a lifestyle choice, and that after much deliberation and likely expense of recce trips, they'd chosen Canada as the place they wanted to settle in, and not just the quickest place to get to.
It will take as long as it takes.
If I may say so without meaning any offence, this impression is entirely incorrect - you are looking at it from a very British point of view!
The vast majority of the immigrants to Canada are not British and come from countries where their considerations are more to get out of where they are now rather than wanting to go specifically to Canada.
Many of them have never been there at all, they know next to nothing about the place except what they have read on web sites and many of them (as evidenced by posters on this and other forums) have applied to other countries such as Australia and New Zealand as well and are just waiting on which, if any, comes through first.
And yes, they do put a high consideration on the climate, which is why so many of them choose B.C and Vancouver area specifically as their target area, even though it is one of the most expensive areas of Canada and they do not have a job lined up to go to.
Mad, I know, but nevertheless true.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
If I may say so without meaning any offence, this impression is entirely incorrect - you are looking at it from a very British point of view!
The vast majority of the immigrants to Canada are not British and come from countries where their considerations are more to get out of where they are now rather than wanting to go specifically to Canada.
Many of them have never been there at all, they know next to nothing about the place except what they have read on web sites and many of them (as evidenced by posters on this and other forums) have applied to other countries such as Australia and New Zealand as well and are just waiting on which, if any, comes through first.
And yes, they do put a high consideration on the climate, which is why so many of them choose B.C and Vancouver area specifically as their target area, even though it is one of the most expensive areas of Canada and they do not have a job lined up to go to.
Mad, I know, but nevertheless true.
No offence taken, I do look at things from my own point of view, it's the one I'm best qualified to express. Your point is entirely valid, but I was referring to those British applicants whose career demands won't wait for the Canadian authorities to get their arses in gear.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:32 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
Bugger! Just read your post over in the 2007 thread. That is a total kick in the private bits if I ever read one! Just have to wonder if you are the tip of the iceberg and hopefully they'll not just shutting the whole show down. I can see now how P****d off you would be though. Haven't I read somewhere that, due to it's extra case loads from other areas, London will be allocated bunch more of the PR visa pie for 2011?

I guess that will kick in around June? (it was a guess)

Hopefully you'll fall under that.
All applications from Pakistan now go to London, I believe.
I am not sure for the reasons behind this..
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:11 pm
All Sooked up!

Canadian visa office
Islamabad, Pakistan

Notice to applicants under the Economic Class (Skilled Workers, Entrepreneurs and Investors)

As of April 1, 2010, Economic applications from citizens or residents of Pakistan will be processed in London, United Kingdom. If you live in Pakistan and are applying under this category, send your application to London and not to Islamabad.
Why? I know not!

But one would assume that the visa allocation for Pakistan would be transferred to London also. Not sure about staff levels being increased by a similar amount though.