rule changes a-comming ?

Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: rule changes a-comming ?

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Do people really treat emigration from their home in the same way as buying a house or a car? I was under the impression that for the majority of people this decision is a lifestyle choice, and that after much deliberation and likely expense of recce trips, they'd chosen Canada as the place they wanted to settle in, and not just the quickest place to get to.
It will take as long as it takes.
Well I think comparing people's attitudes to buying a house or car is a little harsh/inaccurate. However, I think it's not too dissimilar to going for a job. Let's imagine Canada are the employers and the applicants are the prospects. The who world immigration market is subject to the same supply/demand curves as business.

Just as an employer wants competent and hard-working people, Canada wants skilled applicants who can establish themselves well. But also, just as there are other employers, there are other countries who also need skilled immigrants to fill gaps in their labour market. Canada needs skilled immigrants as much as the immigrants need/want Canada. If Canada makes things too difficult, people WILL consider other countries to emmigrate to IMO.

Particularly younger people thinking of emmigrating because a lot may already be torn between Canada and Australia/NZ.

Wayne.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Just my opinion but I disagree. I'm still (thankfully), considered to be young and my choice and my fiance's choice was based on for the most part on:
  • lifestyle;
  • job prospects;
  • climate;
  • distance from UK.
Time to get a visa wasn't an issue and didn't even come into the decision making process.

Oh, also I think that only taking people who are willing to wait is actually a good thing. It shows that those people are likely to have a long term interest in Canada which is what they're looking for.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:24 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Do people really treat emigration from their home in the same way as buying a house or a car? I was under the impression that for the majority of people this decision is a lifestyle choice, and that after much deliberation and likely expense of recce trips, they'd chosen Canada as the place they wanted to settle in, and not just the quickest place to get to.

My wife and I could easily have chosen Australia over Canada.
Actually we are both Ex-Pats anway, and have been for many years, moving from the UK is not really a consideration for us as we don't live there anyway.
We have some previous experience of both Oz and Canada and friends or family at either location. We have more work connections/colleagues in Australia but more family connections in Canada. My father lives in Victoria (now a Canadian citizen) and my wife has relatives elsewhere in Canada (Vancouver) so that was an additional factor when going through our decision making process.
I feel both cultures are generally similar so anyone emigrating (from say the UK) to either would probably have an equal chance of settling in. Same could be said of NZ I guess.
So, for us Canada it is but if we were delayed for too long (many years years) we'd probably look as Oz or NZ as an alternative option. Actually, there was someone on this forum (a while back) that had two applications in process at the same time. One for Oz and one for Canada. Hedging their bets I guess.

As it stands the current process appears to be taking around 12 months from AOR (based on our current time-line). We are just over 6 months along from AOR, so don't feel we are being held back anywhere near some earlier applicants (2007 for example). I'm guessing that we might see Visa in passports in August(ish). It doesn't stop me from agreeing that a year is too long though.

Anything that reduces the processing period has to be a good thing. If the newer rules do that then all well and good.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:25 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle

Particularly younger people thinking of emmigrating because a lot may already be torn between Canada and Australia/NZ.

Wayne.
Same train of thought there.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:27 pm
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
.... considered to be young and my choice and my fiance's choice was based on for the most part on:
  • lifestyle;
  • job prospects;
  • climate;
  • distance from UK.
What? Not too hot? Keen skiers or ice skaters?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
What? Not too hot? Keen skiers or ice skaters?
I like the outdoors Boarding, climbing, skiing, kayaking, walking, the lot
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:32 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Try saying that when you have been waiting since 2007 and getting nowhere fast. For us now possibly Canada is just too much hassle and we are looking about for other options.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:32 pm
All Sooked up!

I like the outdoors Boarding, climbing, skiing, kayaking, walking, the lot
Me too.. looking at getting in some good mountain bike riding in Vic
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Just my opinion but I disagree. I'm still (thankfully), considered to be young and my choice and my fiance's choice was based on for the most part on:
  • lifestyle;
  • job prospects;
  • climate;
  • distance from UK.
Time to get a visa wasn't an issue and didn't even come into the decision making process.

Oh, also I think that only taking people who are willing to wait is actually a good thing. It shows that those people are likely to have a long term interest in Canada which is what they're looking for.
You do have a good point, but the flipside to making people wait a long time to test their long-term commitment to Canada, is that it is an absolutely appauling strategy for responding to labour market needs.

The first "in demand" list was live for about 2 years, and it is highly probable that the current list will be amended in July this year meaning it only has a 1 year life span before it becomes out of date.

If CIC take a long time getting visas to these in-demand immigrants, and as such their skills are no longer in demand by the time they actually get the visa, then I don't see this being particularly good for Canada, or the immigrants?

Wayne.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Me too.. looking at getting in some good mountain bike riding in Vic
I love cycling, but am more of a road-bike/racer man myself

Wayne.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
If Canada makes things too difficult, people WILL consider other countries to emmigrate to IMO.
That's fine by me, I'm happy to wait it out and take their slot when they pull out. I'm set on Canada, not on whereever wil have me in the next 12 months.

couldn't agree more with that sentiment
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:36 pm
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by Falcore
Try saying that when you have been waiting since 2007 and getting nowhere fast. For us now possibly Canada is just too much hassle and we are looking about for other options.
I feel for you! But your application is well and truly in, and a long way down the line now. I guess you'd never cancel it and when you do get some movement it may re-ignite your original enthusiasm.

that you get something through soon The more happy 2007'ers around the sooner us later AOR's will see movement
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:40 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you! But your application is well and truly in, and a long way down the line now. I guess you'd never cancel it and when you do get some movement it may re-ignite your original enthusiasm.

that you get something through soon The more happy 2007'ers around the sooner us later AOR's will see movement

Nope, my application is absolutley nowhere! See recent reply I had from CIC on 2007 posts. For us it looks like nothing will happen at all this year. gutted does not even cover it!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Falcore
I really do feel for you, I hope you hear some positive news sooner than the rest of us. I don't agree at all that the pre- and post-June 26th-ers should get ahead of you in the queue, but we don't make the rules.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 3:03 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

I really do feel for you, I hope you hear some positive news sooner than the rest of us. I don't agree at all that the pre- and post-June 26th-ers should get ahead of you in the queue, but we don't make the rules.
I wouldn't hold it against any of you! I just hope we all hear something soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.