Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Right of Permanent Residence Refunds

Right of Permanent Residence Refunds

Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough
Default Right of Permanent Residence Refunds

Folks,

Can anyone shed any light on when you apply for the above. Is it before you land for the first time or when you are there?

Many thanks,

Peter
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:23 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right of Permanent Residence Refunds

Hi

Originally Posted by Bonsai
Folks,

Can anyone shed any light on when you apply for the above. Is it before you land for the first time or when you are there?

Many thanks,

Peter
When you land or you can apply before you land: here are the instructions:http://tinyurl.com/2he7zt
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

PMM,

Brilliant thanks.

Peter
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:22 am
Banned

xzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bonsai
PMM,

Brilliant thanks.

Peter
Let me be very blunt and truthful. The entire Canadian Immigration process run by http://www.cic.gc.ca is nothing but a money making scam. Going by statistics for previous years, CIC generated in excess of 200 million/annually in application revenues, not including the amount they charge in landing fees. Consider the following scenarios:

1) 15-20 % of the landed immigrants soon get disenchanted upond landing on Canadian soil. They discover the tall promises of good jobs and a better life are nothing short of a fluke. A good 90% of them (like myself) leave. So the government gets to pocket this money. Additionally these unfortunate folks have to shell out quite a bit to support themselves while they are in Canada.

2) 80% of them who choose to stay end up taking small jobs like working at fast food restaurants or waiting tables at the local diner. It serves Canada very well to get this cheap labor.

So which ever way you look, it is a win-win situation for the Canadian government. My sincere advise: DO NOT APPLY FOR CANADIAN PR STATUS . You will be frustrated once you land. Canadians blatantly discriminate with foreign immigrants using the term "lack of Canadian experience". There are millions of well qualified immigrants all over Canada doing menial jobs. You may get a job suited to your qualifications, but it may take a long long time, or just a lifetime of effort. I have gone thru the nightmare. I landed at Calgary 6 years ago. After spending almost $3000 dollars and 200 resumes, I did not get jack shit. I called it quits and got into the doctoral program at Texas Tech. I now have a good job with my U.S Green Card.

MAY GOD HELP ALL IMMIGRANTS SEEKING OUT THE CANADIAN DREAM
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:37 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are happy in the US.

Many of us have found happiness in Canada .
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzarrion2000
MAY GOD HELP ALL IMMIGRANTS SEEKING OUT THE CANADIAN DREAM
Well, my family and I have been living our dream life for the last 2.5 years here, so it does work for some

Sorry that you couldn't make it in Canada and lost out in the process, but it's great to hear that you've found your ideal place, now, just as we've found ours.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:52 am
Banned

xzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
Well, my family and I have been living our dream life for the last 2.5 years here, so it does work for some

Sorry that you couldn't make it in Canada and lost out in the process, but it's great to hear that you've found your ideal place, now, just as we've found ours.
Well Congratulations then ! If I "lost out" as you say, then so be it. My letter potrays the "truth" about Canada. You are just among the lucky few who probably had money contact or priviledge.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzarrion2000
Well Congratulations then ! If I "lost out" as you say, then so be it. My letter potrays the "truth" about Canada. You are just among the lucky few who probably had money contact or priviledge.
Maybe, maybe not. But it is not relevant to the topic of discussion.

Perhaps repost on one of the other Canada forums?

Thread closed.