Renewal of PR card outside Canada

Old Dec 30th 2016, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of PR card outside Canada

Originally Posted by Lewmano
Thanks for the reply, my confusion is mostly directed at this specific wording as above. I looked into the proof requirements on the link you provided:

What are the requirements?

To apply for a PRTD you need to:

prove who you are;
confirm your permanent resident status; and

That is the part im confused, how do you prove/show your PR status other than your card?
In the link I gave you, scroll down to the section titled "Time spent outside Canada"...
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:33 am
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
I was sponsored by my Canadian citizen partner for my PR card which I received in Feb 2012. We lived there until June 2014 and after that moved outside of Canada. My card is up for renewal in February 2017. Am I still eligible to apply as I believe I have met the 730 day residency rule and on top of this have been living with my Canadian sponsor while outside of Canada. We don't have a permanent address in Canada though.

We are also in the same boat. I'm Canadian Citizen and so are our 3 kids, hubby is PR Status. His card expired last June 2016, but we will be making our move by Dec 2017. I know he has to apply for PRTD to return back to Canada (which will hopefully be April/Jun), but his British Passport expires in June 2017. My question is when he renews his passport his COPR is stapled in, should I remove this or send it all together when I apply for his passport renewal?

When he travels back to Canada the kids and I will not be accompanying him, does that make a difference?? As he would like to apply to renew his PR card, come back to UK and then all of us move together by end of this year.

Thanks again for your help.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MUA
We are also in the same boat. I'm Canadian Citizen and so are our 3 kids, hubby is PR Status. His card expired last June 2016, but we will be making our move by Dec 2017. I know he has to apply for PRTD to return back to Canada (which will hopefully be April/Jun), but his British Passport expires in June 2017. My question is when he renews his passport his COPR is stapled in, should I remove this or send it all together when I apply for his passport renewal?

When he travels back to Canada the kids and I will not be accompanying him, does that make a difference?? As he would like to apply to renew his PR card, come back to UK and then all of us move together by end of this year.

Thanks again for your help.
Remove the COPR as you will need it for many many years.
Wont make a difference that you are not accompanying.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:31 am
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Remove the COPR as you will need it for many many years.
Wont make a difference that you are not accompanying.
Thank you for your quick response.
Old May 29th 2017, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lewmano is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

Just digging this up again (prior posts are useful for others as well I think).

Looks like we are delaying out move back to Canada until next March 2018. My soon to be wife's PR card expires July 2017 and we have a wedding to go to in August :S. When you apply for a PRTD does it have to be expired first?

Also when you get a PRTD i've heard you can actually do this in person in London? (this may be BS)

Do you need one x PRTD per trip you take to Canada? So if we travel to Nova Scotia this summer then Vancouver in the fall/winter will we need 2x PRTD's for her?

All very confusing when trolling through their website. I am not even going to attempt to see how difficult it would be if we change her name once we are married.....

Thanks

Lewis
Old May 29th 2017, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There,

Just digging this up again (prior posts are useful for others as well I think).

Looks like we are delaying out move back to Canada until next March 2018. My soon to be wife's PR card expires July 2017 and we have a wedding to go to in August :S. When you apply for a PRTD does it have to be expired first?

Also when you get a PRTD i've heard you can actually do this in person in London? (this may be BS)

Do you need one x PRTD per trip you take to Canada? So if we travel to Nova Scotia this summer then Vancouver in the fall/winter will we need 2x PRTD's for her?

All very confusing when trolling through their website. I am not even going to attempt to see how difficult it would be if we change her name once we are married.....

Thanks

Lewis
You will make an application via the VAC Office in London as found in this link
Canada Visa Information - United Kingdom - Home Page

Details of the procedure is found in this link
Permanent resident travel document

They may issue a PRTD valid for both trips providing you inform the VAC of dates of travel.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Lewmano is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you allowed to apply for a PRTD if yours isn't expired yet but will be in say 2 weeks? My wife has a trip to Canada in August and her PR card doesn't expire until July 5 so I want to ensure we give the london visa centre enough time!
Old Jun 26th 2017, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you allowed to apply for a PRTD if yours isn't expired yet but will be in say 2 weeks? My wife has a trip to Canada in August and her PR card doesn't expire until July 5 so I want to ensure we give the london visa centre enough time!
Yes providing you notify them when the card expires.