Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Rehabilitation Application Interview

Rehabilitation Application Interview

Old Feb 4th 2012, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Nicky_25_00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rehabilitation Application Interview

Originally Posted by clay
Criminal convictions are never removed mate.... not until your 100yrs old anyway...
This is not true the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act protects ex-offenders, depending on sentence they become Spent unless you are applying for a Job that is exempt from the Rehabilitation of offenders Act.

an example if you got a fine-takes 5 years to be spent (which means you have to disclose it for 5 years) unless the job is exempt from rehab act

probation order-5 years to be spent.

custody 30 months plus NEVER SPENT always on your record.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nicky_25_00
This is not true the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act protects ex-offenders, depending on sentence they become Spent unless you are applying for a Job that is exempt from the Rehabilitation of offenders Act.

an example if you got a fine-takes 5 years to be spent (which means you have to disclose it for 5 years) unless the job is exempt from rehab act

For a job in the UK your correct, you don't need to disclose it after 5 years, however for immigration your record will always show on police records, it will only be removed once you reach 100 years old... if the offence is spent it will show " no live trace " on the ACPO... showing there has been an offence, but it is now spent... but it WILL show.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:38 am
Just Joined

compaq7550 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicky_25_00

Thanks for advice. Please have look at this link:
http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/Road_Tr..._Offenders_Act

It suggests something different to what you are saying Nicky. It's saying more then 2.5 years is never spent.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Nicky_25_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by compaq7550
Thanks for advice. Please have look at this link:
http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/Road_Tr..._Offenders_Act

It suggests something different to what you are saying Nicky. It's saying more then 2.5 years is never spent.
thats what i said 2.5 years NEVER SPENT
Old Feb 4th 2012, 6:12 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

2.5 years being 30 months as always.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
2.5 years being 30 months as always.
I'm getting confused here, that link says over 6 months to 2.5 years takes 10 years to be spent and anything over 2.5 years never gets spent. I got 2.5 years thus it is spent after 10 years. Or am I missing something.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

esoog is an unknown quantity at this point

anything thats 30 months or above 30 months, i think thats what it means. ie doing 30 months doesnt get spent. You have a interview mate, thats good news in that atleast you get to have your say. I guess its tougher to just to get a rejection letter and not have that chance. Personally think its a very democratic approach....thumbs up to canada
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by esoog
anything thats 30 months or above 30 months, i think thats what it means. ie doing 30 months doesnt get spent. You have a interview mate, thats good news in that atleast you get to have your say. I guess its tougher to just to get a rejection letter and not have that chance. Personally think its a very democratic approach....thumbs up to canada
Thanks esoog.