Ready for Visa! EE PR

Old Aug 8th 2017, 12:37 am
Frequent Lurker...

thelikelylad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ready for Visa! EE PR

Hi folks,

Been a while since I posted but I'm at the closing stages of getting PR through EE. I just got the Ready for Visa email today so it's raised a few questions.

1. Once I send the passport copy and photos away how long until I can expect a COPR?

2. The reason I ask is because I'm going to Berlin at the end of September then making another transatlantic trip to Scotland mid October with the return date being the end date of my current IEC visa. Will this cause any issues for me or CIC?

3. Is it worth flagpoling these days with how things are at the US border (heard some horror stories)? Or do I leave it until I return to Pearson International after my vacation(s) assuming the COPR comes through before then? Note: I would like to avoid the huge immigration line ups at Pearson if possible.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready for Visa! EE PR

Originally Posted by thelikelylad
Hi folks,

Been a while since I posted but I'm at the closing stages of getting PR through EE. I just got the Ready for Visa email today so it's raised a few questions.

1. Once I send the passport copy and photos away how long until I can expect a COPR?

2. The reason I ask is because I'm going to Berlin at the end of September then making another transatlantic trip to Scotland mid October with the return date being the end date of my current IEC visa. Will this cause any issues for me or CIC?

3. Is it worth flagpoling these days with how things are at the US border (heard some horror stories)? Or do I leave it until I return to Pearson International after my vacation(s) assuming the COPR comes through before then? Note: I would like to avoid the huge immigration line ups at Pearson if possible.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA!
Times will depend on, among others, where you're sending photos & photocopy - London seems to take a couple of weeks.

If you land, you will be unable to fly into Canada for about two months, without getting more paperwork - as a PR you are required to present a PR card to board a plane (your existing eTA will no longer be valid). If you do leave, you will either need to get a PR travel document once abroad (like about as much info as the PR app itself), or fly into the US and cross the land border. So probably better to Land after those trips if you can.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 8:57 am
Frequent Lurker...

thelikelylad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Times will depend on, among others, where you're sending photos & photocopy - London seems to take a couple of weeks.

If you land, you will be unable to fly into Canada for about two months, without getting more paperwork - as a PR you are required to present a PR card to board a plane (your existing eTA will no longer be valid). If you do leave, you will either need to get a PR travel document once abroad (like about as much info as the PR app itself), or fly into the US and cross the land border. So probably better to Land after those trips if you can.
Sending the photos and photocopy to Ottawa hoping for a quick turnaround although that might make no difference other than settle my nerves over it all if I have to wait to activate it anyway. That's such a pain with the not being able to travel for a couple of months after activating it. Feel like they should tell people that sort of thing. Bit of a headache but guess that waiting to activate is better than not activating at all. Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thelikelylad
Hi folks,

Any help is appreciated.

TIA!
See my signature below but it was around 1 week from posting scans and photos to COPR paperwork. I don't see flagpoling as an issue, just don't tell US you are doing this if you are planning on actually going into US (unless asked of course) as they have got nervous with some travelers that if Canada refused them they would be stuck in US. Worst case you would be given an administrative refusal at US border turned around to go back thought Canadian line and get PR.