Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

RCMP Police Check w/ Fingerprints - From the UK

RCMP Police Check w/ Fingerprints - From the UK

Old Nov 8th 2017, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Moving2Canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RCMP Police Check w/ Fingerprints - From the UK

RCMP Criminal Record Check:
Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints.
Please check the CIC website (How to obtain a police certificate - Canada) and refer to the criminal record
check link.

Above is what I've been requested to supply to proceed with my PR application. The websites go into detail and states that you can't supply fingerprints electronically from outside of Canada.

I would like to see if anyone's gone through the process themselves and has any advice?

Thanks all!

P.S. I'm in London and need to get an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on Fingerprints

Last edited by Moving2Canada; Nov 8th 2017 at 4:49 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 4:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RCMP Police Check w/ Fingerprints - From the UK

Originally Posted by Moving2Canada
RCMP Criminal Record Check:
Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints.
Please check the CIC website (How to obtain a police certificate - Canada) and refer to the criminal record
check link.

Above is what I've been requested to supply to proceed with my PR application. The websites go into detail and states that you can't supply fingerprints electronically from outside of Canada.

I would like to see if anyone's gone through the process themselves and has any advice?

Thanks all!

P.S. I'm in London and need to get an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on Fingerprints
Have you lived in Canada before?
Old Nov 8th 2017, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

I lived in Canada for 2 years on a working holiday visa and am now applying for PR from the UK
Old Nov 8th 2017, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Anyone who stumbles on this I found information that takes you through the process with xl-id

Note: $175 CAD for the 3rd party to make them electronic + £75 GBP for the Police to take the fingerprints

Police Service to take finger prints in UK
£75*1.6 (Exchange Rate time of writing) = $120

Fee for this company (there are others) to process the fingerprints to electronic and handle the police check = 175

120+175 = $295 + any postage fee's

$300+ total

Hope that helps people in the future - it's steep so yeah I'd highly advise getting your police checks before leaving Canada
Old Jan 10th 2018, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

englishman111 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is exactly the answer/s I have been looking for. I need to get a rcmp check for Canada though i'm currently back in the UK. I was unsure however about some steps. What happens after one of these third party companies in Canada processes my ink and paper fingerprints from England? Do they then submit the entire Police check to Rcmp and send you the certificate afterwards to attach in the CIC application portal? Or will the CIC be informed directly and I won't need to add anything to my application through the application submission portal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2018, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by englishman111
This is exactly the answer/s I have been looking for. I need to get a rcmp check for Canada though i'm currently back in the UK. I was unsure however about some steps. What happens after one of these third party companies in Canada processes my ink and paper fingerprints from England? Do they then submit the entire Police check to Rcmp and send you the certificate afterwards to attach in the CIC application portal? Or will the CIC be informed directly and I won't need to add anything to my application through the application submission portal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
You need to scan and upload to your application. The 3rd party just get the check done on your behalf and you need to add it into CIC

Good luck
Old Jan 11th 2018, 9:22 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishman111
Thanks
There are two ways you can do it. They can submit the RCMP request on your behalf and then be sponsored as an intermediary in which case the RCMP will return the report to the fingerprint company and they will courier it on to you for a fee.

The standard and cheapest way is they submit the application along with digitized fingerprints and the RCMP send the report back to you directly in the post.

You can't submit the application yourself directly from outside of Canada.