Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spouse sponsorship, not heard anything.

Spouse sponsorship, not heard anything.

Old Jan 11th 2018, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Jordyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse sponsorship, not heard anything.

Hi we applied for spouse sponsorship on October 1st 2017 (that’s when we sent off the application) but haven’t heard a thing, not even an acknowledgement that they have received the application is this usual? How do cic normally contact you?
Old Jan 11th 2018, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse sponsorship, not heard anything.

Originally Posted by Jordyt
Hi we applied for spouse sponsorship on October 1st 2017 (that’s when we sent off the application) but haven’t heard a thing, not even an acknowledgement that they have received the application is this usual? How do cic normally contact you?
When you sent in you sponsorship form, did you track the delivery? We used Royal Mail Tracking service to verify the documents were delivered.

I believe you SHOULD get a response within 60 days of receipt, so you SHOULD have had some notification in December 2017.

P.S. I am waiting for my PR card. Landed on 14th September 2017 and should have been delivered by 15th November 2017. Still no news......
Old Jan 11th 2018, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Jordyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse sponsorship, not heard anything.

Originally Posted by glendem4
When you sent in you sponsorship form, did you track the delivery? We used Royal Mail Tracking service to verify the documents were delivered.

I believe you SHOULD get a response within 60 days of receipt, so you SHOULD have had some notification in December 2017.

P.S. I am waiting for my PR card. Landed on 14th September 2017 and should have been delivered by 15th November 2017. Still no news......
Hi thanks for the reply, I applied inland would that make a difference? We had it tracked by Canada post but never actually checked to see if it had been received, we just assumed it would of been as we paid $20 for it to be tracked. I guess my husband would of lost the receipt by now.