Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions about applying under ONIP

Questions about applying under ONIP

Old Feb 18th 2017, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Greyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of light
Question Questions about applying under ONIP

I've just found out that ONIP will be re-opening next week and if its any indication to how last years' programme went it will not remain open for long.

I have a few questions. I'm currently employed in Toronto and I am looking to see if I can obtain a nomination. I work in a role that would qualify (NOC B) and I've been employed in it for over a year.

How would I go about applying? Is it possible to apply when you already have a job? If so what documents would myself and my employer need to provide?

Is there any other documents (other than the language tests) that I need to prepare in advance?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 18th 2017, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about applying under ONIP

Under which category would you wish to apply?
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Old Feb 18th 2017, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Greyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Under which category would you wish to apply?
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Employer/Job Offer
Old Feb 18th 2017, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

So that's an employer-driven scheme.

The instructions/process to follow (including documents required) *seem* fairly clear, has your employer followed/looked at the steps required to be pre-screened?

I'm sure you're not, but just to be sure, make sure you and/or your employer are not confusing this route with Ontario PNP via Express Entry.
Old Feb 18th 2017, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

The instructions/process to follow (including documents required) *seem* fairly clear, has your employer followed/looked at the steps required to be pre-screened?

I'm sure you're not, but just to be sure, make sure you and/or your employer are not confusing this route with Ontario PNP via Express Entry.
Perhaps. To be fair I am currently doing the early leg work in understanding what I need to do and I think Ontario PNP via Express Entry is what I need to look at.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Okay I'be just looked over both methods and I believe the one I need to review is the employer driven scheme. So far nothing has been looked into (though I have no doubt all the employer criteria will be met without any issue) the only outstanding point would be the required status for the job. I am unsure if this can be done for someone already employed in the current role but needs to have their status updated to be continued to be employed by the company (I'm on a working holiday visa so that has an expiry).

So my question would be:

Does the job offer need to be a new offer or can they go through the same process for a continuing role but with a residency status change?

Is there anything else I'm missing or any advise you may have for me?