Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question for the immigration experts!!!

Question for the immigration experts!!!

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Jeffy G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for the immigration experts!!!

I haven't posted on here for ages! Last year i really wanted to give my degree up and head to Canada for a year to be with my grandparents, uncle, auntie and cousin! But after advice from family, friends and some posters on this forum i decided to stick at my degree (which i'm averaging 60%+) and head to Canada in a couple of years with my girlfriend!!

Here is my question: Does the Bunac programme (working in Canada full time for a year) count as valid work experience within Canada when applying for Skilled worker immigration? I thought it would but a poster told me he was unsure!! My Uncle has agreed to give me a job for that year and i intend to immigrate within the next five to seven years. We are heading out there on the Bunac programme in 2007! Any information would be extremely helpful.

Kind Regards

Jeff
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 4:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for the immigration experts!!!

Hi

Originally Posted by Jeffy G
I haven't posted on here for ages! Last year i really wanted to give my degree up and head to Canada for a year to be with my grandparents, uncle, auntie and cousin! But after advice from family, friends and some posters on this forum i decided to stick at my degree (which i'm averaging 60%+) and head to Canada in a couple of years with my girlfriend!!

Here is my question: Does the Bunac programme (working in Canada full time for a year) count as valid work experience within Canada when applying for Skilled worker immigration? I thought it would but a poster told me he was unsure!! My Uncle has agreed to give me a job for that year and i intend to immigrate within the next five to seven years. We are heading out there on the Bunac programme in 2007! Any information would be extremely helpful.

Kind Regards

Jeff
Yes it would, but it would difficult to get a full year under a Bunac visa, since you would have to start work on the day of arrival and finish on the day of expiry to get the full year.

PMM
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffy G is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Yes it would, but it would difficult to get a full year under a Bunac visa, since you would have to start work on the day of arrival and finish on the day of expiry to get the full year.

PMM

Will a couple of days really matter?surely 363 days would be acceptable?
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 2:27 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jeffy G
Will a couple of days really matter?surely 363 days would be acceptable?
Yes, a year is a year.

PMM