Question for experts

Old Feb 8th 2001, 2:59 am
RAJESHPRI

I got my interview waiver on Jan 5th (dated Dec26th) and so I have to give my medicals
before March end. But I am planning to move permanantly to Canada only in summer ( July)
of 2002 as I have some obligations here at USA till then.Is it possbile that I can land at
Canada before the PR visa expries in March 2002 (with a big list of goods-to-follow) and
comeback and work in USA till June/ July on my valid H1 and then go back to Canada in
summer (july 2002) permanantly (within 6 months of landing). Will I have any problems
doing so? And will there be a problem at the border when I try to land first-time because
I have all my things on goods-to-follow?

Old Feb 8th 2001, 2:42 pm
David Cohen

I got my interview waiver on Jan 5th (dated Dec26th) and so I have to give my
> medicals before March end. But I am planning to move permanantly to Canada only in
> summer ( July) of 2002 as I have some obligations here at USA till then.Is it possbile
> that I can land at Canada before the PR visa expries in March 2002 (with a big list of
> goods-to-follow) and comeback and work in USA till June/ July on my valid H1 and then go
> back to Canada in summer (july 2002) permanantly (within 6 months of landing). Will I
> have any problems doing so?

Once landed, a subsequent absence of a few months, as described, would be unlikely to have
any negative consequences.

> And will there be a problem at the border when I try to land first-time because I have
> all my things on goods-to-follow?

Some ports of entry have been refusing landing to applicants who appear at the port of
entry, but who do not appear to have the intention of establishing permanent resident
status at that time.

You may be asked questions such as the following to determine if it is your intention to
relocate permanently to Canada:

1. Have you terminated your employment in the USA?

2. Have you sought a position in Canada? Have you found a position in Canada?

3. Have you arranged lodging in Canada?

The amount of assets and belongings in your possession may also be used as an indication
of your intention to move to Canada.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law [email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community