police clearance

Old May 4th 2012, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

nicetanhamilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police clearance

Hey guys i'm a new member, and i love your sight, very informative.
I am a british citizen, but i'm australian, so my applications will be coming from australia.
Now i'm sure this has been asked but i couldn't find it.
I am 30 and am interested in the whv, i have a job i like and so want to leave this till the last possible minute so i can stay at my job for as long as possible. With the police clearance how valid does it need to be, i've seen some people say 12 months, some say 3 months, i have had a couple of problems with the police, so i want to know if there's anything on it, however i don;t want to have to get two
thankyou
Old May 4th 2012, 3:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police clearance

Hi, and welcome to BE. Great username btw!

Police certs are generally valid for 12 months, but CIC require them to be less than 3 months old when submitted.

If you are a Australian citizen, and you'll be applying under the Oz IEC then do also double check how many visas are left, as the UK one has just about run out now, so you may need to get your skates on!

Good luck.
Old May 5th 2012, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the reply,
as far as i know australia has unlimited spots and its for 2 years, which i don't quite get since england technically owns canada and australia is a fellow subject, maybe canada feels sorry for us.
Anyway i was wondering how long your process takes, i assume it would be similar to ours, and then also how long can criminal rehabilitation take, i turn 31 at the end of february so i would need it all sorted out by then, but i want to leave it pretty much until the last possible moment. And if i get it do i have a year to take it up?
I don;t know if i have to put this in the america thread, but i think i'd get refused for esta, does anyone know how valid the police check needs to be for america.
ps the username is actually an american psycho reference, but then i realised you guys have a place called hamilton.
thanks
Old May 5th 2012, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicetanhamilton
which i don't quite get since england technically owns canada
Really?! That'll be news to the UK and Canadian governments! Not quite sure you've got that right.

maybe canada feels sorry for us.
No, it's just a reciprocal thing and something the governments have agreed - so Canadians going to Oz can also get 2 years, but only 1 year for the UK.

Anyway i was wondering how long your process takes, i assume it would be similar to ours, and then also how long can criminal rehabilitation take,
Criminal rehab can take up to a year, so if you need rehab by February you may have left it too late. But you'd need a police cert for a rehab application anyway, so you'll need to order one asap, and then just get another one for your IEC application if you get rehab back in time.

And if i get it do i have a year to take it up?
Yes, you have a year to activate your IEC visa.

I don;t know if i have to put this in the america thread, but i think i'd get refused for esta, does anyone know how valid the police check needs to be for america.
No idea, you'll need to ask in the US immigration forum - and do give them full info, as you may find you are eligible for ESTA after all, it will depend on if your convictions were for CIMT's. Just click on the forum and then post 'new thread' to put your question there, same as you did for here.

ps the username is actually an american psycho reference, but then i realised you guys have a place called hamilton.
I actually thought it was a reference to George Hamilton, he of the very famous tan!

Good luck.
Old May 6th 2012, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the quick responses.
I guess i'm just going to have to get the police clearance and prey for the best, and if i have problems come back and hope you or THE MAN former lancastrian can help me out.
thanks and the whole england owning canada was a monarchy thing
Old May 6th 2012, 9:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

thanks and the whole england owning canada was a monarchy thing
Still not right though!

Good luck with the rehab application.

Old May 8th 2012, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Duckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Still not right though!

Good luck with the rehab application.

For those not paying attention in Social Studies, Elizabeth II is Queen of the three countries separately, not combined. Since 1982 (Canada) and 1986 (Australia), we have legal and political systems separate from those of the UK.

The one remaining aspect is that of the Commonwealth, which is technically an alliance, and gives rise under UK law to the interesting situation of the Commonwealth Citizen

.. I'm here all week, try the steak.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:39 am
Just Joined

DGLM is an unknown quantity at this point

Canada is wholly owned by the Crown estate, as is the Commonwealth. You can vote for a politician, but vote for a party the establishment doesn't agree with, and the Crown's Director General will suspend Parliament.
If you have a birth certificate in the Commonwealth, the Crown Corporation created a Corporation in your name and you are a bonded labourer for the Crown. So its not a case of Britain owning Canada, its that the Crown owns Canada and you, and your labour.
http://www.lawfulrebellion.org/forum
http://www.tpuc.org/

On the subject of criminal records, how long does it take to process a criminal record check? I have had 3 criminal convictions, all for minor offences, all of which are before 2006 (2006, 2001, 1998). Would I pass Canadas check, and, if so, how long does the application take?
Thanks.
Old May 8th 2012, 12:49 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DGLM

On the subject of criminal records, how long does it take to process a criminal record check? I have had 3 criminal convictions, all for minor offences, all of which are before 2006 (2006, 2001, 1998). Would I pass Canadas check, and, if so, how long does the application take?
Thanks.
There are many previous threads that cover rehabilitation, maybe one of them has the info you seek.