Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Provincial PR nomination - Work Permit application questions and advice needed

Provincial PR nomination - Work Permit application questions and advice needed

Old Sep 9th 2017, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Greyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of light
Default Provincial PR nomination - Work Permit application questions and advice needed

Hello,

I'v recently been successful in obtaining a provincial nomination via ONIP for the foreign worker stream. As part of the documents I received it also included authorisation to apply for a new two year work permit and on this I have a few questions.

I read that, although only possible to apply for this type of PR via paper applications, I can apply for the work permit via the online system but I want to clarify this. The reason is that on my application it's not asking for a police certificate (usually they do) and the form it's asking me to fill in is Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710). The questions I want to clarify is the following:

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes
Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
No
Do you have a written job offer?
Yes

For the first one I answered yes since I've received my nomination documents and have been advised to being my application by the province. The second question I answered No since I've not submitted my application yet. On the third one I said yes since the steam I applied for is the Job Offer stream and I provided the province with all the contract documentation required for this.

Can anyone offer advise or if they have gone through this process before offer directions? For myself time is of the essence since my IEC visa expires early January 2018 and I want to resolve my new work permit as quickly as possible