British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Proof of Funds when landing - PR (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/proof-funds-when-landing-pr-904211/)

rebecca9011 Oct 6th 2017 9:24 am

Proof of Funds when landing - PR

Hello,

I plan to land in Toronto in March and i was just wondering, do i need to show the immigration officer at the border my bank details and do i have to have a certain amount in my bank before i get let into Canada and have my PR confirmed?

I can't see anything about an exact figure i should have in my bank, just worrying incase i won't have enough!

Thanks!

christmasoompa Oct 6th 2017 10:32 am

Re: Proof of Funds when landing - PR

It depends, which visa route?

rebecca9011 Oct 6th 2017 12:13 pm

I am CEC outland, initially was CEC inland but moved to the UK and just recieved my PPR to the london visa office. Does it depened which visa route as to how much funds you should have in your account?

Former Lancastrian Oct 6th 2017 12:18 pm

Read this link
Proof of funds: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

christmasoompa Oct 6th 2017 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by rebecca9011 (Post 12354900)
Does it depened which visa route as to how much funds you should have in your account?

Yes, absolutely, as you can see from the link FL gave you, proof of funds isn't required for CEC applications. This link also tells you that - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...um=1145&top=29

HTH.

rebecca9011 Oct 6th 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks for your replies, i just presumed no proof of funds were needed when actually completing and submitting my PR application, as i am CEC when i get to the border i won't need to show anything? Will it say CEC on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter?

Thanks again!

christmasoompa Oct 7th 2017 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by rebecca9011 (Post 12355128)
Thanks for your replies, i just presumed no proof of funds were needed when actually completing and submitting my PR application, as i am CEC when i get to the border i won't need to show anything? Will it say CEC on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter?

Thanks again!

Rest assured, the immigration officer will be able to see everything about your application, and probably what you had for breakfast that morning and your inside leg measurement too. :lol:

rebecca9011 Oct 10th 2017 7:41 am

I have been seeing on other Forums that i need to show at least $12,300 in my bank when i land in Canada, even if i applied through CEC do i still need to show this much funds?

christmasoompa Oct 10th 2017 9:03 am

Originally Posted by rebecca9011 (Post 12357589)
I have been seeing on other Forums that i need to show at least $12,300 in my bank when i land in Canada, even if i applied through CEC do i still need to show this much funds?

No. Re-read the links above, which are from the 'horses mouth' so to speak, and ignore whatever you're reading on other forums! CIC are pretty clear, as per the info in the links given, that you don't require any proof of funds if you have applied under CEC.

If you're still worried, then just take a copy of the website pages with you.

Although of course, the proof of funds amount is for those to set up life in Canada with, and is quite a bit lower than most actually spend, so worthwhile trying to take that amount as a minimum anyway as you're not already working in Canada........

HTH.

rebecca9011 Oct 12th 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks for replying! I am worried that if i don't have the minimum funds they are looking for ($12,300) then i could get rejected and not given my PR? Do you think this will happen? I plan on taking as much with me as i can but worried incase i don't have that exact minimum in my account! Thanks :)

christmasoompa Oct 12th 2017 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by rebecca9011 (Post 12359491)
Thanks for replying! I am worried that if i don't have the minimum funds they are looking for ($12,300) then i could get rejected and not given my PR? Do you think this will happen? I plan on taking as much with me as i can but worried incase i don't have that exact minimum in my account! Thanks :)

I'm struggling to think of another way to say this.......:lol: There is NO amount required for your route to PR. Zip, nada, nothing. You could have eight quid in your bank account and you'd still get PR.

If you were applying under FSW, or FST, then the $12,300 amount would apply to you, but it has no relevance to your application at all, as per the links above.