Problem with MyCIC

Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndAttractive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem with MyCIC

Hi

We created a MyCIC account last week and linked our application to it, but cannot now access it. According to this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp… we should just be able to click on the link to get to a login page and then go to “View my submitted applications or profiles”, but when we log in, we get a 'weclome' page (with no link to 'my submitted applications...' - the only optiom is 'Continue'). If we click on 'Continue', it takes us to a page with two options ('English' or 'French') then clicked 'English' to get to the next which, again, has no link to 'my submitted applications'. Clicking the 'Check you application status' only takes you to ECAS, rather than MyCIC.

Any suggestions?

SnA
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndAttractive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problem with MyCIC

Originally Posted by ShinyAndAttractive
Hi

We created a MyCIC account last week and linked our application to it, but cannot now access it. According to this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp… we should just be able to click on the link to get to a login page and then go to “View my submitted applications or profiles”, but when we log in, we get a 'weclome' page (with no link to 'my submitted applications...' - the only optiom is 'Continue'). If we click on 'Continue', it takes us to a page with two options ('English' or 'French') then clicked 'English' to get to the next which, again, has no link to 'my submitted applications'. Clicking the 'Check you application status' only takes you to ECAS, rather than MyCIC.

Any suggestions?

SnA

Having tried another half-dozen times, without success, I tried clearing my browser cache, then logging in again.

This time it was successful, so was able to view the latest message from CIC.

Problem resolved (this time).

SnA
Old Nov 24th 2017, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

benbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with MyCIC

The MyCIC website is the WORST! I have never come across such an unreliable site. Yes, every time I have tried to log in it takes me between 8 - 15 attempts. Each time you will get to a different stage, and as soon as you click to the next page it sends you to the CIC homepage or whatever. Or it tells you that your session has timed out. This can happen at any stage, even if you've only been on the site a couple of minutes.

The solution? Keep going back to the first page where you click through to log in, and try, try again. It will eventually work. Sometimes you'll get through to the T&Cs, sometimes to the security question, sometimes even to your account homepage. But when you click through to the next page, bam, redirected to the homepage again. Back to square one and try again.

And no, I've tried a number of different browsers, cache clearing etc and can't see any difference. But keep at it and eventually it will let you through, but expect it to take up to 15 attempts or more.